Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

31quickenloans-qltwit.jpg

I love this paint scheme.

On another note, I wish the driver's were limited to how many paint schemes they can use.

On another note, I wish the driver's were limited to how many paint schemes they can use.
Wouldn't that then be indirectly limiting them to the number of sponsors they could have? What if a team is at their limit and their primary sponsor has a new product line they want to push. Say it's Budweiser and they want to push their 'Lime' product and they'd like to have a special paint scheme to promote it. It doesn't seem right that they could be prevented from doing that. I sure miss the days when my drivers car was easy to spot week after week but those days are long gone. It seems no driver is immune to that anymore.

Wouldn't that then be indirectly limiting them to the number of sponsors they could have? What if a team is at their limit and their primary sponsor has a new product line they want to push. Say it's Budweiser and they want to push their 'Lime' product and they'd like to have a special paint scheme to promote it. It doesn't seem right that they could be prevented from doing that. I sure miss the days when my drivers car was easy to spot week after week but those days are long gone. It seems no driver is immune to that anymore.

On TV, I have no trouble keeping up with what is going on. At the track is an entirely different story. At MIS, it takes half the race for me to figure who is who.

I'm not talking about one color for the season but rather limit them to a few different schemes and maybe one or two special themes for special events. I just hate to see them change color like a chameleon.

Wallace returning to KBM, Ren out? According to NASCAR Camping World Truck Series reporter Ray Dunlap, Darrell "Bubba" Wallace will return to KBM and the #54 truck team for 2014. Contract not officially official, but its a done deal. Also due to consolidation at Kyle Busch Motorsports, Rick Ren no longer the General Manager.(Ray Dunlap's Twitter)

Those were the days; one scheme all year for most drivers. Then the lights would come on at Bristol, Charlotte, or Daytona and everyone would show up with their custom schemes....made those races more exciting.

Not saying its bad now, just the times are obviously changing.

On TV, I have no trouble keeping up with what is going on. At the track is an entirely different story. At MIS, it takes half the race for me to figure who is who.

I'm not talking about one color for the season but rather limit them to a few different schemes and maybe one or two special themes for special events. I just hate to see them change color like a chameleon.

Those were the days; one scheme all year for most drivers. Then the lights would come on at Bristol, Charlotte, or Daytona and everyone would show up with their custom schemes....made those races more exciting.

Not saying its bad now, just the times are obviously changing.

Yup. The Winston was awesome. 'Wow the 24 is pearlescent!' 'Earnhardt's chrome!'

When wrapping cars got big, bitchin paint jobs went by the wayside. It also allowed for a bunch of different scheme week to week.

Honestly though, with alittle research you can easily memorize all the cars various liveries and it isn't THAT big a deal.

Gee , I've never noticed that . Maybe it's just that you guys are pulling for the wrong driver . Mine always has the same lime green paint scheme. Don't give up on Nascar ....switch drivers . :)

That's great. Kyle feels that pain everyday, and I'm sure this will help ease it a bit.
Gee , I've never noticed that . Maybe it's just that you guys are pulling for the wrong driver . Mine always has the same lime green paint scheme. Don't give up on Nascar ....switch drivers . :)

Your driver could change paint schemes daily and could easily be spotted by the cloud that follows the car.

Dover International Speedway Boosts Cell Service

Dover International Speedway has upgraded cellphone service for fans at its NASCAR Sprint Cup races.

The move is expected to help fans stay connected with the race on smartphones through social media websites or NASCAR's mobile app. Dover will hold Cup races on June 1 and Sept. 28.

The track announced a partnership on Tuesday with American Tower Inc. that will have a Distributed Antenna System installed before Dover's 2014 spring race.

The system will allow mobile devices to connect to one of its hundreds of antennas in the venue. The track will no longer have to rely on the external networks of the wireless carriers, which become overburdened on weekends when there was racing.

from here

Dover International Speedway Boosts Cell Service

Dover International Speedway has upgraded cellphone service for fans at its NASCAR Sprint Cup races.

The move is expected to help fans stay connected with the race on smartphones through social media websites or NASCAR's mobile app. Dover will hold Cup races on June 1 and Sept. 28.

The track announced a partnership on Tuesday with American Tower Inc. that will have a Distributed Antenna System installed before Dover's 2014 spring race.

The system will allow mobile devices to connect to one of its hundreds of antennas in the venue. The track will no longer have to rely on the external networks of the wireless carriers, which become overburdened on weekends when there was racing.

from here

I wish every track out there would do this.

@JennaFryer

Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Bob East, and Julianna Patterson all are teaming to run Jason Leffler's car in the Chili Bowl.

Kahne will drive it, East and Patterson are the car owners, East is building it with assistance out of Stewart's WoO shop.

Car will be auctioned off later to benefit Charlie Dean Leffler fund.

Mark your calendar.

@PPistone

2014 Chili Bowl LIVE on MavTV - 1/18/14
Sure there's another subsection for this type of racing but NASCAR drivers will be taking part and I thought some forum members here may be interested in watching?

The track is taking shape.

BbzacKFCUAANsRp.jpg:large

It looks like this will require an additional $4 to my Dish Network subscription. $4 ain't bad at all for attending this race. Heck, who knows, maybe I'll find something else on this channel worth watching. If not I'll cancel after the race.

Last edited:
You mean the Swindell bowl? Those two are like racing two 48's. Stenhouse is coming, he made the feature last year. Last I heard they were expecting around 250 entries.

I wish Mavtv was HD.. Great channel otherwise

Sheetmetal workers union rejoice.....

@kennybruce John Wes Townley joins Wauters Motorsports for 2014. Will drive No. 5 in NCWTS. Finished 11th in points in '13 with Red Horse team.

Those are Thunderbirds and Monte Carlos so its 1995-1997.....either way not a great driver:D

It's 1996. Jarrett didn't drive the 88 yet in '95, and the Monte Carlos had fake headlights starting in '97. So yeah, it's Waltrip. I don't think Sadler drove it until '99.

It is on Dish Network. I'm not sure about the other providers. If you don't have it in HD with your provider now, it probably won't be to long before it is.

I have DirecTV, for some reason they're one of maybe 5 channels still broadcasting in Standard def.

Back
Top Bottom