Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

NBC booth broadcast team in 2015: Rick Allen, Burton, and STEVE LETARTE.

I think he will be a hell of an analyst. He's also damn good talking on camera.

NBC booth broadcast team in 2015: Rick Allen, Burton, and STEVE LETARTE.

I think he will be a hell of an analyst. He's also damn good talking on camera.

It'll be nice to hear a fresh perspective in the booth and if HMS can lure Grubb back for the #88, young Earnhardt may just make a serious run at the title.

quote="Stewart Fan, post: 712679, member: 4867"]

Wow that looks like crap. PS2 level graphics and unrealistic looking racing.[/quote]

I agree its so frustrating that they can't get it right. Atleast the paint schemes are up to date.

quote="Stewart Fan, post: 712679, member: 4867"]

Wow that looks like crap. PS2 level graphics and unrealistic looking racing.

I agree its so frustrating that they can't get it right. Atleast the paint schemes are up to date.[/quote]
Not a lot that I can tell from that video but if history tends to repeat itself, I can't say that there is anything about that game that would make me want to go out and plunk down $50-$60 for.

Some more images of the next-generation Tundra's development.

XvuFABD.jpg

hUcv2N3.jpg

Kevin Harvick treats fans to beer, conversation.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — NASCAR fans Mike and Cheryl Mitchell awoke Thursday morning with no idea they'd be having beers with a star driver by the end of the day.

But that's exactly what happened after Kevin Harvick, Cheryl's favorite driver, tweeted an invitation Thursday night for any fan to join him for a Budweiser at a local restaurant – provided they find him first.

"Rain out so we are having a few @Budweiser's! If you can find us the beers on me!" the Budweiser-sponsored Harvick tweeted after the first day of NASCAR testing in Daytona Beach was postponed. Included in his tweet was a picture of a restaurant's interior, but it was unclear which one — at least to most people.

The Mitchells recognized it right away.

"we r in autograph line 4 u now. Will u sign wife's car if we show?" Mike Mitchell tweeted back from the Daytona International Speedway infield.

"Heck yeah it's dry here!" Harvick replied.

read the rest here

Yes, that's pretty good story. The guy in that story, Submarine Mike, was a regular on another NASCAR bulletin board I used to frequent. I hear him call in all the time on NASCAR Radio these days.

The updated Glory Road @ the HoF.....

The complete lineup of the new cars installed on Glory Road include the following:
1. Generation 1 Marshall Teague's 1952 Hudson Hornet (revealed Dec. 26)
2. Generation 1 Buck Baker's 1957 Chevrolet 150 "Black Widow" (revealed Oct. 12)
3. Generation 1 Wood Brothers 1961 Ford Starliner
4. Generation 1 Fred Lorenzen's 1966 Ford Galaxie "Banana Car" (revealed Dec. 17)
5. Generation 2 Ned Jarrett's 1966 Ford Fairlane (revealed Nov. 17)
6. Generation 2 David Pearsons 1969 Ford Torino Cobra Talladega
7. Generation 2 Bobby Allison's 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle (revealed Dec. 7)
8. Generation 2 Cale Yarboroughs 1976 Chevrolet Laguna S-3
9. Generation 2 Richard Pettys 1979 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
10. Generation 3 Darrell Waltrips 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Aerocoupe
11. Generation 3 Dale Earnhardts 1990 Chevrolet Lumina
12. Generation 4 Jeff Gordon's 1994 Chevrolet Lumina (revealed Nov. 5)
13. Generation 4 Rusty Wallace's 2000 Ford Taurus (revealed Dec. 10)
14. Generation 4 Bill Elliots 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T
15. Generation 4 Jimmie Johnson's 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (revealed Nov. 29)
16. Generation 5 Dale Earnhardt Jr.s 2008 Chevrolet Impala SS
17. Generation 5 Tony Stewart's 2011 Chevrolet Impala (revealed Nov. 12)
18. Generation 6 Matt Kenseths 2013 Toyota Camry
'61 Starliner, damn, what a car. Almost bought one a few years back but the owner backed out.

Yes, that's pretty good story. The guy in that story, Submarine Mike, was a regular on another NASCAR bulletin board I used to frequent. I hear him call in all the time on NASCAR Radio these days.

I think I recall that name from the now defunct Rowdy.com

I'm very glad that NASCAR has banned tandem racing. I'm sure the drivers and owners are as well.

Just close your eyes and tap the heels of your boots together. You'll remember. If that don't work then have a few Bud's. I'll also have a few on your behalf. :D
Yeah right, I'm sure that's the only reason you'll have a few BLs this evening, but thanks for the thought..:p

Just close your eyes and tap the heels of your boots together. You'll remember. If that don't work then have a few Bud's. I'll also have a few on your behalf. :D

There has to be something better to do on a Sunday than drinking bud lights and trying to picture Johali clicking his boot heels while drinking beer.

Swan Racing has a new minority owner.

Swan Racing, which fields Toyota Camrys for Parker Kligerman and Cole Whitt in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has added a minority owner, Anthony Marlowe of Iowa City, IA.

Marlowe, 34, is co-founder and president of TMone (pronounced T-M-one), a domestic customer relationship management (CRM) firm supporting Fortune 500 companies.

He is also the managing member of Iowa City Capital Partners, which is a private investment firm that provides equity funding to companies. Inc. Magazine recognized Marlowe in 2007, at the age of 28, as one of the 25 youngest CEOs of the 5000 fastest growing companies in America.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/nascar-swan-racing-adds-additional-owner?artid=163449

Just a reminder for those of you in need of a racing fix..... The Chili Bowl is being televised this weekend on MavTV.

I know --- it's on at the same time as the auction, and Saturday night is when the big guns come hunting.
Three words, err letters..... D V R

Okay, maybe no DVR for you but Youtube will probably have to suffice. I'm sure it will be out on there shortly after.

I saw somewhere that Rusty Wallace had built some 900+ HP car that he is going to be auctioning off. Any idea when that will be?

Back
Top Bottom