Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I expect 2014 will be the most competitive year for the 31 in decades.
That ride has never seen any good days with the exception of a few with Burton and Robby Gordon.

It sure looks sweet now though. It's ready to make a good showing like you said.

He didn't light the world on fire, solid top 15 to 20 team for atleast a couple years.

I think Newman is an under-rated driver. The guy can wheel a car.
Success in the Cup Series requires competitive equipment, a wheelman, a good crew/crew chief and chemistry. I hope Newman gets the opportunity to show off his ability in the 31.

Which led to a successful Truck career. ;)

Meh, I think it's the other way around. His first stint in the trucks was much more dominant than his post-Cup run when he went back. I was surprised he really didn't do much in the 31.

Success in the Cup Series requires competitive equipment, a wheelman, a good crew/crew chief and chemistry. I hope Newman gets the opportunity to show off his ability in the 31.
I agree, he doesn't really get the respect he deserves. Very solid flat track racer for sure.

Success in the Cup Series requires competitive equipment, a wheelman, a good crew/crew chief and chemistry. I hope Newman gets the opportunity to show off his ability in the 31 before Ty takes his ride.

:)

BeN5ZroCUAAuTFa.jpg:large

I wonder if I can still buy Jimmie Johnson 2013 Championship Diecast cars.

I just checked the NASCAR Schedule to see which afternoon I need off for the Duels and realized (again) that they have been turned into night races. I've always looked forward to having that afternoon off work but I am glad these races will be run at night.

I wonder how much it'd cost to get a small sticker on a NASCAR Sprint Cup Car. Like a "Discount Tire" or "SKF" size sticker.

There was an article in USA Today about a decade ago that broke down how much the average sponsor has to pay for certain locations on the car. Pretty interesting and somewhat mind blowing how expensive it is

There was an article in USA Today about a decade ago that broke down how much the average sponsor has to pay for certain locations on the car. Pretty interesting and somewhat mind blowing how expensive it is

Well, there goes any plans to advertise my dog kennel with a NASCAR team. :p

1959 Daytona 500 ticket only $15. Take into account inflation and that same ticket would cost $120 today. Maybe the prices haven't gone up as much as we think?

BemapksCYAADfvE.jpg:large

1959 Daytona 500 ticket only $15. Take into account inflation and that same ticket would cost $120 today. Maybe the prices haven't gone up as much as we think?

BemapksCYAADfvE.jpg:large

IDK. I tried to look on the seating map for the Sir Malcolm Campbell grandstand, but it isn't listed.

Decent 500 tickets are around $270, so that's more than double inflation.

Back
Top Bottom