Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I made it to 3 minutes and realized it was a commercial, thank you but no thanks.

BfuWwViCQAEiDQh.jpg:large

Some of these are still unofficial, but it looks like there are 50-51 Daytona 500 entries at the moment (JJ Yeley is supposedly in the #44). That would be the most since 54 drivers entered the 2010 edition of the race. Only 45 attempted last year, so the Duels should be a lot more interesting this year.

OBfccNE.png

The other day when I went to the hall of fame, I stopped for gas at a random store and Morgan Shepherds daughter and son in law were in there talking to some guy about the son in law marrying Morgan Shepherds daughter. Nothing exciting, just sayin'....

The other day when I went to the hall of fame, I stopped for gas at a random store and Morgan Shepherds daughter and son in law were in there talking to some guy about the son in law marrying Morgan Shepherds daughter. Nothing exciting, just sayin'....

Wait, the son in law is marrying her AGAIN? ;)

I'm still po'd at NASCAR, but after seeing the entry list, I'm really looking forward to the duels.

No repave planned for Kentucky Speedway: There would have been talk this summer, as there is every year, about repaving Kentucky Speedway when the Sprint Cup Series circuit descends upon the Sparta, Ky., track for its biggest race weekend. Kentucky Speedway general manager Mark Simendinger isn't ready to give in just yet. There are no plans for a Kentucky Speedway repave unless track officials absolutely have to, and Mother Nature does that sometimes to asphalt. But in the meantime, Simendinger's maintenance staff will continue maintaining the track's original surface installed before it opened in 2000. "If you're a real motorsports fan, you know you're allowed to interchange the word "character" for bumpy," Simendinger said Tuesday. "In that regard, we have a lot of character. And that's a good thing." Drivers regularly discuss the difficulty in passing at Kentucky, though they've embraced the challenge of setting up a balanced car there. Simendinger said he hasn't fielded a single complaint from one of them about the track's, um, character. "In fact, I saw Kevin Harvick came to throw out the first pitch at one of the Reds games," Simendinger said. "He just walked up to me and didn't even say hello. He just said, 'Don't repave that race track.' The Quaker State 400, as the Cup Series race will be known through 2018, is set for June 28 during a weekend that includes Camping World Truck and Nationwide series events. The track then hosts the ARCA Racing and Nationwide series on Sept. 19-20. As with other Sprint Cup Series tracks, Kentucky Speedway will be equipped with NASCAR's "Air Titan" track drying system this season. The device sucks water off surfaces and into a truck, which NASCAR's R&D Center estimates could decrease drying times by 80%.(Courier-Journal)(2-5-2014)

FenderBumper, post: 722062, member: 5680"]Wait, the in law is marrying her AGAIN? ;)
After reviewing my post, it does seem slightly poorly worded. I'll admit that. Sorry!

It's not unheard of in Nascar - ask Brian France.
Haha! Rephrase: The son in law was talking to another guy(who seemed to be a grade school pal) and the woman behind the store counter, about his marriage (which had happened sometime in the past), to Shepherds daughter.

Attendance must be really, really low for the Bristol spring race this year. They just announced a deal for ticket holders to the spring event. They are calling it 'Plus One'. If you are a current ticket holder to the spring race you can take another guest for FREE! FREE, I said. To me that makes it sound like sales are WAY down. Bruton doesn't give anything away.

BfzQqRWCAAAuiKK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom