Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Nationwide Qualifying format: Round #1 - 25 min., all cars, 24 fastest advance; Rd. #2 - 10 min., 12 cars advance; Rd. #3 - 5 minutes.

Me and Fender are on the School Bus headed to the track.

uploadfromtaptalk1393082814347.jpg

Favorite nascar commercial in awhile. Has it been on the Nascar coverage? All I've seen is Danica ads lol.
Not sure that I've seen it but I don't normally pay a lot of attention to commercials. That being said, it sure is packed with lots of memorable moments in the sport. I like it.

These cars have been sitting for a long time after running full out. Certainly watch out for that to be a factor on engine durability.

Also, if these guys wait till 8:30 to start back up, that second wave of rain will be right on top of them. Don't get your hopes up too far guys

Heads up to those of you that may have been like me and failed to record the 500 in it's later time slot.....

2014 Daytona 500
Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:

Friday, February 28 at 8:00pm/et on FS1

I wonder if Austin Dillon is going to pay for some sheet metal like Earnhardt has offered to do?

And also, do these drivers really think that those kids they parade out in front of 80000 or 90000 hootin', hollerin', yellin' booin' people are actually enjoying the experience? It dosn't look to me like they are.

The Great Driver Shootout.
BAMAFAN= 1
JOHALI= O

I wonder if Austin Dillon is going to pay for some sheet metal like Earnhardt has offered to do?

And also, do these drivers really think that those kids they parade out in front of 80000 or 90000 hootin', hollerin', yellin' booin' people are actually enjoying the experience? It dosn't look to me like they are.

Yeah I think he is line right behind Kenseth to do so.:)

Heads up to those of you that may have been like me and failed to record the 500 in it's later time slot.....

2014 Daytona 500
Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:
Friday, February 28 at 8:00pm/et on FS1

Thanks. I bailed early and never set the DVR.

So yesterday at around 5:40 Denny Hamlin had a contest on Twitter where he asked his followers to predict the time when NASCAR world call for drivers to return to their cars. (You had to submit your prediction within 15 minutes of his tweet). The winner would receive a signed 1:24 diecast. After checking the weather app on my phone I entered a guess of 8:15. Well I won. Denny sent me a DM asking for my address today. This may not be a big deal to all the cool kids around here but I'm pretty damn stoked. I'll post a picture when it arrives. :)

So yesterday at around 5:40 Denny Hamlin had a contest on Twitter where he asked his followers to predict the time when NASCAR world call for drivers to return to their cars. (You had to submit your prediction within 15 minutes of his tweet). The winner would receive a signed 1:24 diecast. After checking the weather app on my phone I entered a guess of 8:15. Well I won. Denny sent me a DM asking for my address today. This may not be a big deal to all the cool kids around here but I'm pretty damn stoked. I'll post a picture when it arrives. :)
Good for you.

That's cool, good guess too. Hopefully you get it, as I'm sure he's shipping it Fed Ex.:p

Nice. I won a Twitcon for race tickets with Kez. I told them to donate the tics to a veteran. They sent a thank you package with a diecast and a hot wheel version, a CFF hat and shirt. Very cool.

It really has been nice to actually talk racing for the last week!!!!!

Doesn't really seem that long ago that we ended the season. There was snow on the ground then and there still is

So my Daytona 500 weekend ended early with the rain. My dad, brother and I saw the first 39 laps, started raining, we saw the radar and how bad it was going to be, decided to head for home since my brother and I had to work on Monday. It was a great weekend, just wish we could've seen the entire race.

I wonder if ISC would let us use the Daytona 500 tickets at another ISC track.

Back
Top Bottom