Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Keep your eyes and ears open today boy & girls. Apparently Richard Petty opened his mouth again today. Not sure what it's all about but my understanding is that he put his foot in it.

Bha14FFIQAI88Q1.jpg:large

Keep your eyes and ears open today boy & girls. Apparently Richard Petty opened his mouth again today. Not sure what it's all about but my understanding is that he put his foot in it.
Your killin me, dig somethin up wouldya.

Your killin me, dig somethin up wouldya.
I guess the story is to come out on Sunday. It's probably someone just trying to sell papers. I am not sure what it's about but if I had to guess it would be that Petty said something not so good about Earnhardt Jr. That would fit his more recent m.o.

I guess the story is to come out on Sunday. It's probably someone just trying to sell papers. I am not sure what it's about but if I had to guess it would be that Petty said something not so good about Earnhardt Jr. That would fit his more recent m.o.

Richard Petty is just one big attention w****.

He's prob reacting to Tony

When was the last time Petty been relevant? I mean not to diminished the man's accomplishment, but he hasn't stepped a foot inside a race car for over 20 years now. He kinda needs to just...relax and enjoy his retirement. Let the current crop of drivers take care of themselves.

How ironic that Petty is getting crapped on for questioning Patricks ability while the Cope sisters are getting trashed in another thread.

Well Petty didn't just comment on Ms. Patrick driving ability, he had stated that women do not belong in stock car racing, so there is a bit of sexism going on with Mr. Petty.

Exactly, Petty just doesn't want women doing anything but cooking in the kitchen. The Cope girls are just a disgrace to the sport of auto racing, and male or female makes no difference.

Fine if they don't belong in Nascar but what is being said about them in another thread is much of what people get wadded up about when those types of comments are made about another certain female driver.

Or someone trying to get the sheet flying around here, and it worked! ;)

Well Petty didn't just comment on Ms. Patrick driving ability, he had stated that women do not belong in stock car racing, so there is a bit of sexism going on with Mr. Petty.

This is the man who left cab fare for his wife at the hospital after she gave birth so he could go racing instead of driving her home.

My NASCAR Mobile app worked flawlessly for the Daytona 500. Is anyone else using it again this year?

This is the man who left cab fare for his wife at the hospital after she gave birth so he could go racing instead of driving her home.

.....I have no words....I hope she made him sleep in the car that night. "Well if you love racing so much, then you can sleep with the car tonight!"

Actually he didn't say that. Here is what he said...

While making an appearance at the Canadian Motorsports Expo, Petty was asked if Patrick would ever win in the Sprint Cup Series.
Petty's response:

"If everybody else stayed home…If she'd have been a male, nobody would ever know if she'd showed up at a racetrack…This is a female deal that's driving her. There's nothing wrong with that, because that's good PR for me. More fans come out, people are more interested in it. She has helped to draw attention to the sport, which helps everybody in the sport."

Sounds like the other 7 time champ that sent his two kids off to military school so he didn't have to deal with them, and had nothing to do with his oldest kid for years until he sought his dad out himself.
Not exactly father of the year material either.

Sounds like the other 7 time champ that sent his two kids off to military school so he didn't have to deal with them, and had nothing to do with his oldest kid for years until he sought his dad out himself.
Not exactly father of the year material either.

I always respected Cale for choosing his family over racing. Realized one day how much he had already missed and just hung it up.

In an era where many men were in bars getting drunk while their wives were in the hospital, racing to feed your family isn't so bad, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom