Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

So yesterday at around 5:40 Denny Hamlin had a contest on Twitter where he asked his followers to predict the time when NASCAR world call for drivers to return to their cars. (You had to submit your prediction within 15 minutes of his tweet). The winner would receive a signed 1:24 diecast. After checking the weather app on my phone I entered a guess of 8:15. Well I won. Denny sent me a DM asking for my address today. This may not be a big deal to all the cool kids around here but I'm pretty damn stoked. I'll post a picture when it arrives. :)
DH will show up your doorstep instead

So my Daytona 500 weekend ended early with the rain. My dad, brother and I saw the first 39 laps, started raining, we saw the radar and how bad it was going to be, decided to head for home since my brother and I had to work on Monday. It was a great weekend, just wish we could've seen the entire race.

I wonder if ISC would let us use the Daytona 500 tickets at another ISC track.

That blows!!!!! I doubt it considering it wasn't a straight up rainout. That's a bummer. Sorry.

Ticket insurance is the only option for something like that. It is sold for most every event on the Cup schedule. Most people don't seem to know that it exists. Check with the track when ordering.

So my Daytona 500 weekend ended early with the rain. My dad, brother and I saw the first 39 laps, started raining, we saw the radar and how bad it was going to be, decided to head for home since my brother and I had to work on Monday. It was a great weekend, just wish we could've seen the entire race.

I wonder if ISC would let us use the Daytona 500 tickets at another ISC track.

Of course they will, when the toilet paper runs out. ;)

Ticket insurance is the only option for something like that. It is sold for most every event on the Cup schedule. Most people don't seem to know that it exists. Check with the track when ordering.

What does ticket insurance entail?

What does ticket insurance entail?
Obviously, there is a fee involved but if you only have a specific windo in which you can stay for the race then it's something you may want to consider in the future.

Here's the info for ISC Tracks. This includes Daytona International Speedway

LINK

Why Buy Ticket SecureSM Ticket Insurance?

We understand that you have a "perfect outing" planned, but that can all be ruined in a matter of moments. Although you may not be able to stop an emergency from happening, you can cover your ticket investment by purchasing Ticket SecureSM. To demonstrate the importance of purchasing Ticket SecureSM insurance, here are some common examples of what could go wrong.
  1. You become ill and can’t attend the race. (Illness must be documented.)
  2. Driving to the event, you are suddenly involved in an automobile accident.
  3. It is five minutes before the start time of the race and you trip while running through the parking lot and break your wrist.
  4. You have to serve on jury duty at same time as the race that you purchased tickets for.
  5. You miss the race because you got called into work.
  6. You cannot attend the race because you have been called into active duty by the military.
  7. The race has been delayed due to weather and you cannot attend the race at the new time.
These are just a few examples of ways that your outing could be ruined and Ticket SecureSM can help cover your ticket purchase.

Obviously, there is a fee involved but if you only have a specific windo in which you can stay for the race then it's something you may want to consider in the future.

Here's the info for ISC Tracks. This includes Daytona International Speedway

LINK

Why Buy Ticket SecureSM Ticket Insurance?

We understand that you have a "perfect outing" planned, but that can all be ruined in a matter of moments. Although you may not be able to stop an emergency from happening, you can cover your ticket investment by purchasing Ticket SecureSM. To demonstrate the importance of purchasing Ticket SecureSM insurance, here are some common examples of what could go wrong.
  1. You become ill and can’t attend the race. (Illness must be documented.)
  2. Driving to the event, you are suddenly involved in an automobile accident.
  3. It is five minutes before the start time of the race and you trip while running through the parking lot and break your wrist.
  4. You have to serve on jury duty at same time as the race that you purchased tickets for.
  5. You miss the race because you got called into work.
  6. You cannot attend the race because you have been called into active duty by the military.
  7. The race has been delayed due to weather and you cannot attend the race at the new time.
These are just a few examples of ways that your outing could be ruined and Ticket SecureSM can help cover your ticket purchase.
I almost alway's buy it.

I seldom do because I always account for extra days at the track. If I could do that I'd then buy the insurance. What is it $10 - $20 per ticket? Worth it if you can't afford the time.
I buy it mostly because I purchase the tickets so far in advance and there are so many things that could go wrong as far as we have to travel to most of the races. Usually it's between $5 and $15 a ticket.

I buy it mostly because I purchase the tickets so far in advance and there are so many things that could go wrong as far as we have to travel to most of the races. Usually it's between $5 and $15 a ticket.
I can save you the $15. If you're unable to go to a future race feel free to mail me the tickets. I'll even pay shipping costs. :cool:

I can save you the $15. If you're unable to go to a future race feel free to mail me the tickets. I'll even pay shipping costs. :cool:
You did in fact remember that we always get the top dollar tickets. Sly old fox.

You did in fact remember that we always get the top dollar tickets. Sly old fox.
Not a problem at all. I'll gladly pay for you to ship those tickets directly to me with no shipping costs on your behalf. If you like, I'll even give you a coupon for a free 6" sub @ Subway..... Proud sponsor of back-flipping NASCAR drivers everywhere.

Not a problem at all. I'll gladly pay for you to ship those tickets directly to me with no shipping costs on your behalf. If you like, I'll even give you a coupon for a free 6" sub @ Subway..... Proud sponsor of back-flipping NASCAR drivers everywhere.
:XXROFL: :cheers:

image.jpg

Yeahh buddy! Might go on Saturday too but doubtful.

Damn, some of ya'll need to take a nap, bitch about everything.

Back
Top Bottom