Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I'd like to see a Red Sox paint scheme. ;)
It was bad enough seeing them on Roush's cars a few years back. :bleh:

Stenhouse%2BJr..JPG

Ya, it was a 07 COT.. Don't think that scheme ever raced, pretty sure it was after right after John Henry teamed up with Roush. They brought it to the yard and Carl threw out the first pitch if I remember correctly

I believe that is correct. So.much.gimmick.

On the iRacing forums, we were talking about crazy moments in NASCAR history. This is two of them.

Frank Stoddard being a genius there in that last vid. I remember like it was yesterday.

In the open wheel forum :p jk good for him... I thought it was already official though? Heard it on racehub a few days ago that he is one of 3 new teams this year.
There was a lot of speculation about it. He just confirmed today that the application was approved and said he'll have more details out next week.

Ya, it was a 07 COT.. Don't think that scheme ever raced, pretty sure it was after right after John Henry teamed up with Roush. They brought it to the yard and Carl threw out the first pitch if I remember correctly
Raced Loudon Summer race that year The show car at Femway is what people saw .

D
[Kquote="FenderBumper, post: 759506, member: 5680"]Femway? lol Nice one.[/quote]
Damn, I pulled a big boner there. Fenway

yeah well, I wish I had that poster because I believe it to be the truth. Sure on a certain level..cars going around in circles or corners or down a strip is about as far as most people get...lets watch guys run pass and kick the ball and try to hurt each other..now that's much smarter. Gave up along time ago trying to figure it out, just glad there enough fans so that racing is still alive, despite our government/insurance co's so far up the arses of the car makers that they have just about taken the fun and the ability to own a performance automobile.

yeah well, I wish I had that poster because I believe it to be the truth. Sure on a certain level..cars going around in circles or corners or down a strip is about as far as most people get...lets watch guys run pass and kick the ball and try to hurt each other..now that's much smarter. Gave up along time ago trying to figure it out, just glad there enough fans so that racing is still alive, despite our government/insurance co's so far up the arses of the car makers that they have just about taken the fun and the ability to own a performance automobile.

The love affair with the car goes back a long way....also racing seems to be the human genome...Its like You have two feet...I have two feet...Lets race. You have a car, I have a car Lets see whose faster...

Racing is a part of the human experience imho.

I don't understand the appeal of drifting. I'm sure it takes skill and all that but I've watched it and been bored.

Whatever happened to the big hype around "The Return of the 3"? I knew that eventually no one would care but it sure as hell faded fast.

I don't understand the appeal of drifting. I'm sure it takes skill and all that but I've watched it and been bored.
I know one thing for sure the noise of the screeching tires sure can be annoying if you have to listen to it for any length of time. A drag racing team i was working on was hired to license a driver in the funny car class a couple of years ago, so we rented Brutons Las Vegas drag strip for 4 days, and since we were the only team there we parked right in the staging lanes and there was a couple of drifting cars that was practicing in the LVMS parking lot right across the street. After 4 days of listening to that for hours at a time we were all about to go nuts.

• Keselowski part of "Watch Dogs": #2-Brad Keselowski's secret life will be exposed - at least as a character in the new video game, "Watch Dogs." The 2012 Sprint Cup champion has partnered with game-maker Ubisoft for "Watch Dogs," which will be released next month. Keselowski is described in the game as one of many people in the virtual city of Chicago that players can interact with. It promises that players will find what "secrets lurk deep within a NASCAR champ's history." The description says players can use main character Aiden Pearce's ability to hack into Keselowski's profile to unlock what is there.(Associated Press)(4-13-2014)
Kez is gonna play a bad guy. Haha

Back
Top Bottom