Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

According to zap2it.com, last night's Bojangles Southern 500 at Darlington drew 5.9 million viewers, putting it pretty much flat vs. last year's Darlington race.

BlOgDJtCMAAEAbN.jpg:large

• Keselowski part of "Watch Dogs": #2-Brad Keselowski's secret life will be exposed - at least as a character in the new video game, "Watch Dogs." The 2012 Sprint Cup champion has partnered with game-maker Ubisoft for "Watch Dogs," which will be released next month. Keselowski is described in the game as one of many people in the virtual city of Chicago that players can interact with. It promises that players will find what "secrets lurk deep within a NASCAR champ's history." The description says players can use main character Aiden Pearce's ability to hack into Keselowski's profile to unlock what is there.(Associated Press)(4-13-2014)
Kez is gonna play a bad guy. Haha

I just threw up a little.

Goodyear tire testing at Kansas Speedway today.

Scheduled to test are 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 17, 23, 42, 43, 51, 55, 78. Maybe 13, 87.

So, I had the opportunity to go into North Wilkesboro Speedway the other day.... I had been hoping, if I won the lottery, that I'd be able to buy it and fix it up and bring some racing back there....
Well, after seeing the place, I realize it's a lost cause. Nothing except maybe some of the stands could be salvaged. Everything is totally ruined. The track, the boxes, all of it. Here are a few pics.... The visibility isn't great, it was kinda dark....

2014-04-13%2000.03.29.jpg

Every piece of the track is like this, all the way around.
2014-04-13%2000.04.16.jpg

2014-04-13%2000.17.49.jpg

2014-04-13%2000.25.13.jpg

So, I had the opportunity to go into North Wilkesboro Speedway the other day.... I had been hoping, if I won the lottery, that I'd be able to buy it and fix it up and bring some racing back there....
Well, after seeing the place, I realize it's a lost cause. Nothing except maybe some of the stands could be salvaged. Everything is totally ruined. The track, the boxes, all of it. Here are a few pics.... The visibility isn't great, it was kinda dark....

2014-04-13%2000.03.29.jpg

Every piece of the track is like this, all the way around.
2014-04-13%2000.04.16.jpg

2014-04-13%2000.17.49.jpg

I am guessing you snuck in under the cloak of darkness.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about either....

Did you sneak in to the track at night?

Thank you for the pictures.

It's sad to see a once awesome track in such disarray.

Did you sneak in to the track at night?

Thank you for the pictures.

It's sad to see a once awesome track in such disarray.
Come on man! You're gonna get me arrested for something I absolutely didn't do! Sneaking in at night would be breaking and entering and trespassing. Things I'd never condone....!

As for the track, I was devastated to see it so dilapidated. What a waste. Some racing could've taken place there, nascar or not.

There is nothing salvageable at that place. It might as well be torn down, as much as that hurts to say.

Come on man! You're gonna get me arrested for something I absolutely didn't do! Sneaking in at night would be breaking and entering and trespassing. Things I'd never condone....!

As for the track, I was devastated to see it so dilapidated. What a waste. Some racing could've taken place there, nascar or not.

There is nothing salvageable at that place. It might as well be torn down, as much as that hurts to say.

They've raced cars there pretty recently. That track can come back with time and energy.

Here's a vid from 3 years ago..

When I was in high school I used to break into cool abandoned stuff all the time. No worries here.

When I was in high school I used to break into cool abandoned stuff all the time. No worries here.

My hometown had a Cold War-era nuclear missile site. It was long since closed by my time and all missiles removed (obviously) but we would sneak in there all the time.

My hometown had a Cold War-era nuclear missile site. It was long since closed by my time and all missiles removed (obviously) but we would sneak in there all the time.

That's way cooler than what I messed with.. I snuck into a couple 'haunted' buildings in town a few times, old desert houses, deserted mines in said deserts, etc.

That's way cooler than what I messed with.. I snuck into a couple 'haunted' buildings in town a few times, old desert houses, deserted mines in said deserts, etc.
If it makes you feel better, there weren't any cool computers or vaults like the movie Wargames.:oops:

LOL, still though, you walk around and imagine the crazy **** a fly on a wall may have heard... Good stuff.

Looks like someone made this their killing grounds. Jesus.

Here's the new 2015 Camry. I wonder when the NASCAR Toyotas will switch over to this body? When the 2012 Camry came out, the August 2011 Bristol race is where it made it's debut.
881a_UVP_Shot_03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom