Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

:mad: sadly enough we have to wait till May 9th?:mad::(

gfhfg.jpg

Here's the new 2015 Camry. I wonder when the NASCAR Toyotas will switch over to this body? When the 2012 Camry came out, the August 2011 Bristol race is where it made it's debut.
View attachment 13093

I like what they did with the nose.

The ass-end looks better too.
image.jpg

Atleast they are making them sportier, being racecars and all..

I like what they did with the nose.

The ass-end looks better too.
View attachment 13099
Atleast they are making them sportier, being racecars and all..
I'm surprised they redesigned it this soon. The current model has only been out three years, but Camrys have been on a 5-year cycle since the 80s, the new models usually introduced in years that end in 2 or 7. I like it though.

March the 29th to May the 9th is a ridiculously stupid long time to wait for a Truck race.

Never understood this long gaps. I understand here is a limited series but really? months in between races?

I have no patience for stuff like that.

Its how they start their season too. Daytona then a full month break before they race again from mid feb to the very end of march. :eek::rolleyes:

Crazy.

I'm surprised they redesigned it this soon. The current model has only been out three years, but Camrys have been on a 5-year cycle since the 80s, the new models usually introduced in years that end in 2 or 7. I like it though.

Especially since they are still selling the current model quicker than they can get them in lots. Those cars are everywhere... And it seems like the people that drive them don't know how to.. Haha

Never understood this long gaps. I understand here is a limited series but really? months in between races?

I have no patience for stuff like that.

Its how they start their season too. Daytona then a full month break before they race again from mid feb to the very end of march. :eek::rolleyes:

Crazy.

And then come the summer months they travel every week... It is quite odd.

Especially since they are still selling the current model quicker than they can get them in lots. Those cars are everywhere... And it seems like the people that drive them don't know how to.. Haha
I drive one, but I've managed to keep it between the ditches. :)

Run the trucks Friday night at Myrtle Beach. That would give the participants plenty of time to spend Easter at home and fans suffering withdrawals a quick fix.

All three manufacturers have won races thus far, led by Chevrolet's four victories.
An average of 12 different leaders per race, compared to 8.6 at this point last year.
An average of 25.6 lead changes per race, compared to 17.4 in 2013.
Total of 29,541 green flag passes, compared to 23,178 in 2013.
Total of 346 green flag passes for the lead, compared to 181 in 2013.
And ... an average margin of victory of 0.588 seconds, the smallest since 2008.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/mustang-empire-state-building/

Look! There in the sky! It’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s…. a Ford Mustang?

Yes, it is. A Mustang GT convertible, to be exact.

Thursday is the Mustang’s 50th anniversary. To mark the occasion, Ford plopped a 2015 Mustang GT convertible onto the observation deck of the Empire State Building.

Ford pulled the same stunt with the original Mustang, but five decades of technological advancements haven’t made it any easier to pull off. The deck is 1,000 feet up, so using a crane is out of the question. And the building’s tall spire rules out lowering the car from a helicopter.

That leaves the freight elevator. So, just as they did in 1965, Ford had the automotive wizards at DST Industries chop a Mustang into six pieces for the ride to the 86th floor, where the car was reassembled in the wee hours today.

Back
Top Bottom