Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Wow. Tough crowd here. I'm not a Biffle fan by any means but the guy is a two time series champ and is sitting on 19 wins in the Cup series. He's got a pretty good resume.

Wow. Tough crowd here. I'm not a Biffle fan by any means but the guy is a two time series champ and is sitting on 19 wins in the Cup series. He's got a pretty good resume.

Hedrick isn't going to take him, I think they're saving Kasey Khane seat for Chase Elliot.
Stewart Haas Racing is also full and their stable has two very talented driver, one of them is part owner and the other one is emerging in on her own and brings great sponsorship dollars
Furniture Row can only afford the one car
He could go to Joe Gibbs, and be car #4.
MWR is also another choice, but I wouldn't want the stink of that organization on me.
Dunno if Richard Childress would be a good choice. Seems like Grandpappy is too focus on his grandchildren.
Dunno if Richard Petty can field another car, I think they had financial troubles not too long ago
Penske...maaaaaaaaaybe.

For real, or for the camera. Either way, you can see some of that scarring on the leg.
BowU_UfCAAAM14M.jpg

Not me. I'm with DP, look at that damn needle.

My left ankle hurts like Hel because of osteoarthritis and pretty sure my left knee is going next. If a shot could relieve my pain for a month or two, I'll be more than happy to take the biggest needle possible.

Now watch as the last part of my statement gets turned into an innuendo.

My left ankle hurts like Hel because of osteoarthritis and pretty sure my left knee is going next. If a shot could relieve my pain for a month or two, I'll be more than happy to take the biggest needle possible.

Now watch as the last part of my statement gets turned into an innuendo.
Okay, not NASCAR but on the knee issue..... I've been taking my dad into the doctors for more than four months now getting shots in his knee for the same issue that you are talking about. I can only speak for him but no shots have been able to relieve his pain. The next step for him is knee replacement. Taking him to the cardiologist tomorrow to get his okay on the procedure. My dad is not a young man anymore. :( I remember when he was once invincible. Sucks getting old.

I once had a shot given to me for a torn meniscus prior to having surgery. I had the shot about six weeks before the procedure. Walked into the hospital pain free that morning wondering why I was even there. Hoped out on crutches the same afternoon. Today, totally pain free. Sometimes those shots work, sometimes they don't.

To tie this post back into NASCAR. If it weren't for the shot that day and subsequent surgery I'd probably not be able to attend too many NASCAR races.

Nashville Speedway to be sold.....

Dover Motorsports, Inc. announced Thursday that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its Nashville Superspeedway facility to NeXovation, Inc.

Dover Motorsports will sell the Nashville Superspeedway facility along with some related equipment and assets for $27 million in cash and the assumption by NeXovation of obligations of Dover Motorsports under certain Variable Rate Tax Exempt Infrastructure Revenue Bonds.

The Bonds are the obligation of the Sports Authority of the County of Wilson, Tenn., and were issued by the Sports Authority in 1999 in order to build certain infrastructure improvements benefiting the speedway. Debt service on the Bonds, which have a remaining principal balance of $18,800,000, is payable from property and sales taxes generated by the facility. Principal and interest on the Bonds are secured by a letter of credit provided by Dover Motorsports which will be replaced by a letter of credit provided by NeXovation.

LINK

Nashville Speedway to be sold.....

Dover Motorsports, Inc. announced Thursday that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its Nashville Superspeedway facility to NeXovation, Inc.

Dover Motorsports will sell the Nashville Superspeedway facility along with some related equipment and assets for $27 million in cash and the assumption by NeXovation of obligations of Dover Motorsports under certain Variable Rate Tax Exempt Infrastructure Revenue Bonds.

The Bonds are the obligation of the Sports Authority of the County of Wilson, Tenn., and were issued by the Sports Authority in 1999 in order to build certain infrastructure improvements benefiting the speedway. Debt service on the Bonds, which have a remaining principal balance of $18,800,000, is payable from property and sales taxes generated by the facility. Principal and interest on the Bonds are secured by a letter of credit provided by Dover Motorsports which will be replaced by a letter of credit provided by NeXovation.

LINK

I wonder what that'll mean for the track.

Nope. My imagination is vivid enough, thanks.
One time the Doc had me hop up onto a table with a clamp apparatus, clamped my knee in, bent at 90* and then left the room. He came back in with the stainless syringe in his hand.
He began a sentence, "We're just gonna..."
I cut him off, mid-sentence and replied, "The hell we are." I unclamped my leg and hopped off the table.
He wanted to drain my knee to perform an arthrogram. He said there was too much fluid to do the procedure. I told him I'd go home and elevate my leg and be back in a week.
The business end of the syringe is comparable to a knitting needle.

We've come a long way.....

JD McDuffie hauler in the 70's

BoHbFKvIEAIDXuL.jpg:large

HA, this reminds me of the trailer my brother used to have when he raced dirt 4 cylinders mini-stock. It was a little something like this.

DSC_0041.jpg

This was back in the 90s too. Nowadays, everyone has these big fancy trailers, even the local track guys have these NASCAR style fancy-smachy trailers.

Back
Top Bottom