Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

image.jpg

You can't make me believe that you are that nieve and you didn't all ready know that.:)

First NASCAR race...65 years ago today: Thursday, June 19, marks the 65th anniversary of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' first race, held in 1949. In what was then called the Strictly Stock division, the race was held at Charlotte Speedway, a .75-mile dirt track, and won by #34-Jim Roper. It featured a 33-car field that included NASCAR Hall of Famers Tim Flock(5th), Buck Baker(11th), Lee Petty(17th) and Herb Thomas(29th).(NASCAR), see race results atracing-reference.info. Eventual 1949 Champion, Red Byron, finished 3rd in a Raymond Parks owned car.(6-19-2014)

Why the hell didn't he join Twitter sooner? I was a big Dale Sr fan so I've always been a secret Dale Jr fan, but still enjoyed publicly prodding the diehard Dale Jr fans. But, gosh darn if he isn't likable on Twitter.

He's a great follow and has the best personality in NASCAR IMO. He's way smarter and intellectual than most realize. His choice of books, TV Shows and movies is very similar to mine so he MUST be awesome! :D

From a race hub interview: MIKE HELTON ON REMOVAL OF THE HUMAN ELEMENT ON PIT ROAD IN 2015 AND REPLACING IT WITH TECHNOLOGY:
Helton: "We're excited about it, actually, not removing the human element, but about using technology to advance our sport. And this is one of the things that we put on the front burner. One of those components is what we can use, NASCAR can use, and the NASCAR industry can benefit from up and down pit road, being our officials on pit road. We've had, on a couple of occasions, to run beta programs up and down pit road already this year, and so the goal is by '15 for the referees and umpires, so to speak, to be replaced with technology and innovation that fans in the grandstands and fans at home can participate and be interactive with the officiating of the sport."

What the **** does that mean? I don't want jackasses to have the right to make calls. Nor do I want to have to work on a Sunday to try and help keep a race running in an orderly fashion because of said jackasses ******' sh!t up.

Back
Top Bottom