Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

DUN, I'm thinking that the officiating will be more accessible to the spectators. Maybe we'll be able to see the pit road speeds.
Interactive could simply mean we can change what we see, like changing which camera we view.

What the **** does that mean? I don't want jackasses to have the right to make calls. Nor do I want to have to work on a Sunday to try and help keep a race running in an orderly fashion because of said jackasses ******' sh!t up.

I also watch pro golf sometimes (I know, I know) at the Masters last year, some fan watching at home actually called the PGA front office and bitched that Tiger Woods had broken a rule. Like we need these nannies at home trying to interfere with the real athletes.

http://deadspin.com/masters-statement-tv-viewer-narced-on-tiger-woods-472779743

He's a great follow and has the best personality in NASCAR IMO. He's way smarter and intellectual than most realize. His choice of books, TV Shows and movies is very similar to mine so he MUST be awesome! :D
Yeah, but does he watch Game of Thrones?!?!?!

DUN, I'm thinking that the officiating will be more accessible to the spectators. Maybe we'll be able to see the pit road speeds.
Interactive could simply mean we can change what we see, like changing which camera we view.

That'd be nice. Sounds a little more plausible don't it? Lol.

From a race hub interview: MIKE HELTON ON REMOVAL OF THE HUMAN ELEMENT ON PIT ROAD IN 2015 AND REPLACING IT WITH TECHNOLOGY:
Helton
: "We're excited about it, actually, not removing the human element, but about using technology to advance our sport. And this is one of the things that we put on the front burner. One of those components is what we can use, NASCAR can use, and the NASCAR industry can benefit from up and down pit road, being our officials on pit road. We've had, on a couple of occasions, to run beta programs up and down pit road already this year, and so the goal is by '15 for the referees and umpires, so to speak, to be replaced with technology and innovation that fans in the grandstands and fans at home can participate and be interactive with the officiating of the sport."

What the **** does that mean? I don't want jackasses to have the right to make calls. Nor do I want to have to work on a Sunday to try and help keep a race running in an orderly fashion because of said jackasses ******' sh!t up.

How is that going to work with all the commercials? Oh I get it, they are going to try to sell us something.

uploadfromtaptalk1403279397112.jpg

Sitting back under my #3 umbrella enjoying the end of a three race vacation. The only good thing about the end of the vacation will be that I'll be able to watch the Sonoma race on the radio during the ride back home.

Will the premium version of NASCAR Mobile have in-car audio and live timing and scoring for tomorrow at Road America? Trying to figure it out if I should pay for it. The website says for "NNS companion races only" which leads me to believe it might not since Cup is in Sonoma.

Will the premium version of NASCAR Mobile have in-car audio and live timing and scoring for tomorrow at Road America? Trying to figure it out if I should pay for it. The website says for "NNS companion races only" which leads me to believe it might not since Cup is in Sonoma.
I think you answered your own question. Looks like they don't have the available equipment.

I think you answered your own question. Looks like they don't have the available equipment.
It's only $4 / month, I might put it on my tablet and bring it to RA tomorrow to see what works and what doesn't at the NNS race.

nascar grand national raced it 1949-1957
1 mile track no straightaways

SHR jet suffered a shattered windshield and had to land in Texas. Everyone is OK. The HMS and JGR planes are giving the passengers a lift back to NC. Scary stuff, man.

@WendyVenturini: Things got real for @StewartHaasRcng. Plane windshield shattered in flight! All ok!Team being diverted to JGR, HMS planes at fuel stop in TX

Last edited:
SHR jet suffered a shattered windshield and had to land in Texas. Everyone is OK. The HMS and JGR planes are giving the passengers a lift back to NC. Scary stuff, man.

@WendyVenturini: Things got real for @StewartHaasRcng. Plane windshield shattered in flight! All ok!Team being diverted to JGR, HMS planes at fuel stop in TX

Were all the drivers on that plane?
Apparently birds shatter windshields of aircraft often.

From Jayski

Entry List for the Quaker State 400 Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway is posted, ONLY 42 teams/drivers [for 43 spots] are listed, including: #32-Kvapil, #33-Stremme, #66-Nemechek.
Since only 42 cars are entered, all drivers will make the race.
Last time less then 43 cars entered The last time a Sprint Cup Series race was held with fewer than 43 cars was the 2001 season finale at New Hampshire but that race was rescheduled from Sept. 16 to Nov. 23 because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The #27 car of Rick Mast was withdrawn as the team had shut down and was not replaced by NASCAR. Before that, the last race without 43 cars was in October 1007 at Talladega when 42 cars started but 47 cars were entered. In 1997, 42 was the mandated number with the 43rd spot reserved for a former Cup champion that had not qualified. The last time a Sprint Cup Series race had less cars entered then the maximum was in September 1996 at Dover, when 41 cars ran.
See the full entry list at my Jayski's Kentucky Entry List

Is it too late for me to field the 43rd car? Id start and park my truck.

It wouldn't be any crazier than anything they've le Jimmie thru inspection with. Just a little slower.

If you are referring to my post about only 42 cars at kentucky, I simply found it interesting and passed it along.
No sky falling here or any black helicpoters.
wasn't meaning that about you personally, just that kind of news brings out certain same ol doomsayers.
already been a separate post started BTW. Time to cuss the track, the crowd, Nascar in general..same ol same ol.

wasn't meaning that about you personally, just that kind of news brings out certain same ol doomsayers.
already been a separate post started BTW. Time to cuss the track, the crowd, Nascar in general..same ol same ol.
OK we're good, and yes I saw the new thread after I made my post.
In fact I didn't want to start a thread about something so trivial.

that is interesting though, probably be a news topic on the Nascar shows. I'm curious what they will say about it.

Back
Top Bottom