Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

“Yeah, it just was going to dictate who was going to win the race,” said Kes about the “aero push” that left so many running in place, not passing for most of Sprint Cup’s 400-miler. “That’s part of racing. That’s part of really all of racing, the aerodynamics taking over motorsports, and we’ve all kind of learned to live around it and it makes the restarts so critical. But it’s just kind of part of the deal.”

This lazy, defeatist attitude when there are so many good short tracks and road courses asking to be run on will be the end of NASCAR.

Humpy says NASCAR has too many "pretty boys"

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140610/NASCAR/140619985

AW: What is Sprint Cup missing?

HW: The most important thing is the repass, when the leader gets passed and within 20 laps he comes back to pass the new leader. That's where rubbing comes in, and you've got to have some rubbing. Nobody except TV gets excited about rubbing for seventh, so you need rubbing up front. And you need a superhero like Tiger Woods or Joe Namath, somebody like that. Walt Disney told his people to draw in a villain within the first 90 seconds. We need something like that. We need villains, but, instead, we have too many pretty boys.There just aren't any personalities.
We have our #1 pretty boy "Kasey Kahne"...and we have our #1 villain "Kyle Busch". And look how much chatter they have caused on here this week. Maybe we do need some more Villains.:D

They played that radio active segment on Race Hub yesterday and i thought it was pretty funny. Even after the crew chief told rowdy that the coach said they needed to get along a little better and watch their language on the radio...Kyle says if you give me a faster car i would be in a better mood. That was priceless. LOL

They played that radio active segment on Race Hub yesterday and i thought it was pretty funny. Even after the crew chief told rowdy that the coach said they needed to get along a little better and watch their language on the radio...Kyle says if you give me a faster car i would be in a better mood. That was priceless. LOL
Looks like it runs in the family

Lol @ Brad "it either makes it or it dont" then he tries to draft off of Danica.

Then when Jr says hes got temps Steve tells him to ignore em.

Last edited:
image.jpg

It only took 14 races, but it finally happened.....Pocono was the first race of 2014 that pulled a better TV rating than its 2013 counterpart. Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Pocono pulled a 3.0 rating, up from the 2.8 rating the race got last year.

It only took 14 races, but it finally happened.....Pocono was the first race of 2014 that pulled a better TV rating than its 2013 counterpart. Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Pocono pulled a 3.0 rating, up from the 2.8 rating the race got last year.
All dem junyer fans at the race textin their buds to flip the race on cuz Junebug was in 2nd :D

let Danica run all day like she is going to win, and i'm sure they would really jump

I guess it was really was all the Waltrips' fault. :)

thats the nicest thing anyones ever said about Pocono:AHHHH:

Farmers Insurance just re-upped with Hendrick on the 5 car, even though Nationwide will be sponsoring the 88. Seems strange to me

Did You Notice?… An increasing attitude for people to wave the “white flag” when it comes to the current problems with NASCAR and engineering? I’ve mentioned it before, mostly during the end of the sport’s Gen-5 car where the dreaded “aero push” had made passing virtually impossible, yet everyone seemed to be shrugging their shoulders and going, “we can only change so much.” 2014 had been better, in part due to better racing under NASCAR’s new rules, until this gem came from Brad Keselowski, uttered at the end of Sunday’s Pocono press conference.

Along these lines, didn't draft of the trailing cars used to provide a big advantage in gaining speed and catching up to the leader? When did that all change with clean air now being the big advantage over the chasing cars, was it with the COT and now the Gen 6 car? I've only been into the sport for about 10 years but it seems like the advantage of using the draft of the car in front of you has done a complete 180 over the last 5 years or so.

Nascar needs a badass. A villian you can root for. We need someone to fill Sr's shoes. Or at least try.

I love the new Napa commercial with Chase Elliott, Bill Elliott, and Dale Earnhardt Jr that they just showed during the Nhra qualifying. LOL

So three out of four Hendrick drivers are now in the top three in points. Jeff Gordon is still first in points, followed by Johnson, then by Earnhardt Jr. Kasey Khane is 19th.

I wonder if the Dale Jr Twitter account is actually Dale Jr? It's awfully active for someone who I imagine has a busy schedule.

I wonder if the Dale Jr Twitter account is actually Dale Jr? It's awfully active for someone who I imagine has a busy schedule.
Yes it is. Tweet during plan flights. Meals. Just sitting in the garage waiting for his car to be prepped. Etc...

Panasonic has expanded its relationship with Hendrick Motorsports with a new multi-year agreement that includes primary sponsorship of the No. 24 team of four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and current points leader Jeff Gordon.

Panasonic will be featured as a primary sponsor of the No. 24 team in two Sprint Cup races annually and as an associate-level partner in all other events. It will mark the first on-car branding for Panasonic since joining Hendrick Motorsports as a technology partner in 2007. The agreement covers the 2014, 2015 and 2016 NASCAR seasons.

http://jeffgordon.com/2014-panasonic-hendrick-motorsports-grow-partnership-24-team-primary-sponsor/

Back
Top Bottom