Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

LOL....nope...i guess that's Nascar version of a fan running onto a baseball field.

J. Douglas Boles ‏@jdouglas4 14h
It has served @IMS fans well since 1994 - today it comes down to make room for the next generation #scoringpylon

BrYvgpSCQAE8u3X.jpg

Jr should put that on his property

Jeff Gordon and wife, Ingrid, at odds.....

Trouble in the Gordon household. :eek:

Jeff Gordon will be rooting for the U.S. soccer team Tuesday when it plays Belgium in the 2014 World Cup knockout round.

But not everyone in his house will have such loyalty as Gordon’s wife, Ingrid Vandebosch, is from Belgium.
Asked by a reporter Friday at Kentucky Speedway about the knockout round game between Belgium and the United States, Gordon said he would have a split household.

“I know that I’m going to gloat if we win, and she’s going to really get on me if they don’t,” said Gordon, indicating he is in for it if the U.S. loses.

Gordon said he has been rooting for both teams throughout the tournament.

“I’ve been so excited because those are the two teams that I’m going to pull for, and then I didn’t realize that they were going to be playing one another,” Gordon said. “I’m definitely going to pull for USA, but if they don’t win, I’m certainly going to be pulling for Belgium as well.”

As of the weekend, the four-time Cup champion wasn’t sure of the family’s plans to watch the match.
“We’re usually busy with the kids around that time, so I don’t know if we’re going to be taking time out of our schedule with the kids to actually watch the game,” Gordon said.

“But I’m hoping that we do get a chance to watch some of it because I’d be interested to see how divided we’d actually be. It could be fun.”

Jeff Gordon and wife, Ingrid, at odds.....

Trouble in the Gordon household. :eek:

Jeff Gordon will be rooting for the U.S. soccer team Tuesday when it plays Belgium in the 2014 World Cup knockout round.

But not everyone in his house will have such loyalty as Gordon’s wife, Ingrid Vandebosch, is from Belgium.
Asked by a reporter Friday at Kentucky Speedway about the knockout round game between Belgium and the United States, Gordon said he would have a split household.

“I know that I’m going to gloat if we win, and she’s going to really get on me if they don’t,” said Gordon, indicating he is in for it if the U.S. loses.

Gordon said he has been rooting for both teams throughout the tournament.

“I’ve been so excited because those are the two teams that I’m going to pull for, and then I didn’t realize that they were going to be playing one another,” Gordon said. “I’m definitely going to pull for USA, but if they don’t win, I’m certainly going to be pulling for Belgium as well.”

As of the weekend, the four-time Cup champion wasn’t sure of the family’s plans to watch the match.
“We’re usually busy with the kids around that time, so I don’t know if we’re going to be taking time out of our schedule with the kids to actually watch the game,” Gordon said.

“But I’m hoping that we do get a chance to watch some of it because I’d be interested to see how divided we’d actually be. It could be fun.”

No soup for Big Daddy...

I will be attending the NASCAR hall of fame today...wish me luck. Would love to tour the race shops but with my son and nephew and niece all under the age of 5 not going to work.
Very cool. I hope to get there one of these days. I gotta go back down for the 600 and take time out to hit the HoF.

I will be attending the NASCAR hall of fame today...wish me luck. Would love to tour the race shops but with my son and nephew and niece all under the age of 5 not going to work.
They have a simulated pit stop up on the second floor, the kids seem to love that. They can do the lug nuts and jack while you man the gas jug. I'm pretty sure my son and I had faster stops than Harvicks team lately.

They have a simulated pit stop up on the second floor, the kids seem to love that. They can do the lug nuts and jack while you man the gas jug. I'm pretty sure my son and I had faster stops than Harvicks team lately.
Hahahaha sweet thanks

Maybe that Budweiser sponsorship is taking its toll on his pit crew. A little too much sampling of their product perhaps? Maybe SHR needs to steal 5HR ED and get these guys moving again?

Well, fans will have that special opportunity – in their own personal car – during “Fan Track Drive,” a fundraising event for the American Red Cross on Saturday, July 26.

The “Fan Track Drive” event will run from 9 am until 2 pm and will allow guests to drive their passenger vehicle two laps around the Talladega Superspeedway for a $50 contribution. Each vehicle will closely follow one of Talladega Superspeedway’s Emergency Services vehicles, which will lead the field at highway speed. Currently, there are no other fan “drive” events planned for the remainder of 2014 at Talladega.

http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/Articles/2014/06/Fan-Track-Drive-event-July-26.aspx

Well, fans will have that special opportunity – in their own personal car – during “Fan Track Drive,” a fundraising event for the American Red Cross on Saturday, July 26.

The “Fan Track Drive” event will run from 9 am until 2 pm and will allow guests to drive their passenger vehicle two laps around the Talladega Superspeedway for a $50 contribution. Each vehicle will closely follow one of Talladega Superspeedway’s Emergency Services vehicles, which will lead the field at highway speed. Currently, there are no other fan “drive” events planned for the remainder of 2014 at Talladega.

http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/Articles/2014/06/Fan-Track-Drive-event-July-26.aspx
I'm not sure how much fun this would be @ Talladega. It probably feels like you're on the interstate other than the turns. I can tell you that they do this same sort of thing at Bristol before both the spring and fall events. We've done it there the past three years before each race and it's a blast. Bristol is awesome for this sort of thing and it's only $20.

@kennybruce

August @NASCAR_NNS race @BMSupdates now the Food City 300, according to track officials. Was a 250-lapper.

Back
Top Bottom