Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BuTBhXbCcAA93t4.jpg:large

Could NASCAR require tire pressure sensors? At several tracks this season, teams have experienced issues with tire failures - and [Jimmie Johnson] certainly hasn't been immune to those issues. At New Hampshire two weeks ago, the # 48 had two left-rear tires failures in the first 11 laps, the second of which put him out of the race. Although Johnson protested, "I can promise you one thing, it wasn't due to low left rear tire pressure," Goodyear had a different diagnosis after examining the tires. As was the case with #22-Joey Logano and #43-Aric Almirola earlier in the weekend, Goodyear believed the tire failures were due to low air pressure. Each week Goodyear makes minimum air pressure recommendations. But teams don't always adhere to the numbers.
So if the teams don't follow the suggested minimum air pressures, how does Goodyear protect itself against the negative publicity when a driver has a blowout? How about a tire sensor to discourage teams from fudging on their numbers? "We've talked to NASCAR about different things like that," Greg Stucker, director of race tire sales for Goodyear, told Motorsport.com. "We worked on those on and off for several years, but it's come more to the forefront in our discussions with how they're looking at their new officiating. But no decisions have been made whether or not we're moving forward on that. We're doing research and trying to figure out what our options might be in a situation like that, but nothing for sure." Stucker says a tire pressure monitor on a race car would use the same technology to report psi "no different than what you see on your street car these days."(Motorsport)(8-5-2014)

I thought they already had tire pressure sensors (located in the outside wall.)

TPMS couldn't hurt. Use the band-type that wrap around the wheel. It can only help as far as retaining data on tire failures.

Rick Hendrick on Chase Elliott:

"We haven't arrived at a decision for sure, but I think you'll probably see him run a few races next year," Hendrick told the satellite radio network. "Before he ever won a Nationwide race, I watched him test Jimmie's car and Jeff's car at Nashville, and Jimmie and Jeff both commented to me, 'This kid is super smooth and super fast. He takes care of his equipment, and he doesn't get in a jam.'

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/chase-elliott-to-race-sprint-cup-in-2015/?v=2&s=1

image.jpg

Jeff Gordon & Ingrid attend the African Leaders Summit at the White House to discuss the Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation efforts in Rwanda.

Think Chase can edge out Joey Logano for youngest driver to win a cup race?
I doubt it Joey was 19 years 35 days, Chase turns 19 in November he would have to start and win a race this season.

Eldora...in the chase...cup cars....how about instead of the homestead bowl, make it the Eldora bowl...

AARP and AARP Foundation’s nationwide campaign to address the problem of older adult hunger through the Drive to End Hunger program will return with 11-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports in 2015 as a primary sponsor of driver Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Chevrolet SS team.

Through AARP’s sponsorship of the No. 24 Chevrolet, the AARP Foundation’s Drive to End Hunger program will be featured as a primary partner in 13 Sprint Cup races next season, including the 2015 Daytona 500, and on portions of the car as an associate sponsor in all other events. It will mark AARP’s fifth year as a primary sponsor of the No. 24 team, which is unprecedented in NASCAR for a social cause.
http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...-and-Hendrick-Motorsports-extend-relationship

They're doing 22 races this year so it looks like Gordon is going to need to find some more sponsorship.

Back
Top Bottom