Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

From Jayski

Ryan Truex to drive for Wood Brothers in 2015: Ryan Blaney will drive the #21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford in 2015, sources have told Motorsport.com. Blaney, 20, will run a limited Sprint Cup schedule in the venerable #21 Ford along with Nationwide Series races for Team Penske as part of a technical alliance between Penske and the Wood Brothers. An announcement is expected around the race at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17. Blaney currently leads the Camping World Truck Series points driving the #29 Ford for Brad Keselowski Racing. In just his second full season on the tour, Blaney has two wins - the first coming in just his third career start. Blaney has a stellar average finish of 7.6. The third-generation racer has also shown tremendous progress on the Nationwide Series tour with Penske Racing. At 19, he won his first NNS race in his 13th career start last September at Kentucky Speedway. Blaney led 96 of 200 laps. In just seven starts in 2015, Blaney has posted six top 10s and three top-five finishes. His average qualifying position is 5.9. Blaney made his Cup debut at Kansas Speedway on May 10. He qualified 21st and finished 27th.(Motorsport)(8-1-2014)

Bit of typo there, I believe.

From Jayski

Ryan Truex to drive for Wood Brothers in 2015: Ryan Blaney will drive the #21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford in 2015, sources have told Motorsport.com. Blaney, 20, will run a limited Sprint Cup schedule in the venerable #21 Ford along with Nationwide Series races for Team Penske as part of a technical alliance between Penske and the Wood Brothers. An announcement is expected around the race at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17. Blaney currently leads the Camping World Truck Series points driving the #29 Ford for Brad Keselowski Racing. In just his second full season on the tour, Blaney has two wins - the first coming in just his third career start. Blaney has a stellar average finish of 7.6. The third-generation racer has also shown tremendous progress on the Nationwide Series tour with Penske Racing. At 19, he won his first NNS race in his 13th career start last September at Kentucky Speedway. Blaney led 96 of 200 laps. In just seven starts in 2015, Blaney has posted six top 10s and three top-five finishes. His average qualifying position is 5.9. Blaney made his Cup debut at Kansas Speedway on May 10. He qualified 21st and finished 27th.(Motorsport)(8-1-2014)

Sweet, I've been looking forward to him moving up a bit more.

Edit: Looks like the Wood Brothers have also realized Penske is becoming top dawg in the Ford camp. This should help them a good bit moving forward.

Sweet, I've been looking forward to him moving up a bit more.

Edit: Looks like the Wood Brothers have also realized Penske is becoming top dawg in the Ford camp. This should help them a good bit moving forward.

That and Bayne wont be available.

From Jayski

great to see the Woods Brothers 21 get a shot in the arm and Blaney moving up into Nationwide hopefully full time.

251982-0-600.jpg

In my office at work, I have a JG calendar and a couple of 1:64 diecasts on my desk. At least 3 co-workers (that I really like) have said things like "I can't believe you work in IT and you watch NASCAR." It doesn't upset me in the least but it makes me wish NASCAR were appreciated more for its appeal on at least a technical/engineering level. What these cars are able to do these days is nothing short of incredible but all people seem to appreciate is wrecks and controversy.

If only he put this kind of effort in when he CC'd for the 24 camp.

Great job by Letarte, Jr & team.
him and Jeff didn't go well together, was really surprised how well him and Jr does, and they did from the start of their pairing

I don't think it's been posted today, so happy birthday to Jeff Gordon.

Wonderboy is 43 today.

From the Not Yet Ready For Cup files:

Piquet to make Cup debut at Watkins Glen: Nelson Piquet Jr. is set to make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut this weekend at Watkins Glen International, his first national series start of the season. Piquet, a Brazilian native, will drive the Randy Humphrey Racing #77 Ford in Sunday's Cheez-It 355 at The Glen. Since 43 cars are listed for the 43-car event, Piquet will not need to qualify based on his speed in Coors Light Pole Qualifying unless another team files a late entry. The 29-year-old driver competed in two full seasons in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series from 2011-12, then raced full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2013. This year, he's been competing in Rallycross events, including taking the bronze medal at the X-Games in June. Sunday's race also marks the return of the Randy Humphrey-owned organization to the Sprint Cup circuit.(NASCAR.com)(8-5-2014)

From the Not Yet Ready For Cup files:

Piquet to make Cup debut at Watkins Glen: Piquet, a Brazilian native, will drive the Randy Humphrey Racing #77 Ford in Sunday's Cheez-It 355 at The Glen. Since 43 cars are listed for the 43-car event, Piquet will not need to qualify based on his speed in Coors Light Pole Qualifying unless another team files a late entry.
His first race ever in the cup series & he wont need to qualify on time. What a load of bs. Hopefully he doesnt take out any chase hopefuls in the race.

Back
Top Bottom