Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

If all of the other sponsors number of races they are the primary for 2015 stay the same, there will be three points races without a primary sponsor

Not sure how legit this is or isn't but...

logan messerly‏ @loganmesserly
@espn Tony Stewart just ran over driver after he got out of his car in retaliation

BupQ5O4IEAAcLrx.jpg

Holy crap, this may be true! He can't buy his way out of this one, like he did in Australia after breaking some guys face with a helmet.

From what I hear, those sprint cars are insane to drive. Maybe the guy ran out in front of him and he couldn't stop or turn in time.

Jesus! Not much information about this. Nothing so far on the tv....
Surely Tony has more sense than to run somebody over!?

From Jayski:

Fox Sports 1 to air uncovered Tim Richmond Interview: To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the death of NASCAR driver Tim Richmond, NASCAR RACE HUB airs a newly unearthed interview with the former Hendrick Motorsports superstar on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 5:00pm/et on FOX Sports 1. "At a Crossroads: The Lost Tim Richmond Interview" features lost footage from January 1987, when legendary broadcaster Ken Squier traveled to Richmond's hometown of Ashland, Ohio, for an interview regarding Richmond's medical condition and to inquire as to what the future might hold for his racing career. The interview was conducted soon after Richmond, one of the first open-wheel drivers to successfully cross over to stock cars, announced he would miss the 1987 Daytona 500 due to health issues, just weeks after winning a NASCAR Winston Cup Series-high seven races in 1986 and scoring a third-place points finish with Hendrick Motorsports.

From Jayski:

Fox Sports 1 to air uncovered Tim Richmond Interview: To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the death of NASCAR driver Tim Richmond, NASCAR RACE HUB airs a newly unearthed interview with the former Hendrick Motorsports superstar on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 5:00pm/et on FOX Sports 1. "At a Crossroads: The Lost Tim Richmond Interview" features lost footage from January 1987, when legendary broadcaster Ken Squier traveled to Richmond's hometown of Ashland, Ohio, for an interview regarding Richmond's medical condition and to inquire as to what the future might hold for his racing career. The interview was conducted soon after Richmond, one of the first open-wheel drivers to successfully cross over to stock cars, announced he would miss the 1987 Daytona 500 due to health issues, just weeks after winning a NASCAR Winston Cup Series-high seven races in 1986 and scoring a third-place points finish with Hendrick Motorsports.
Thanks for the heads up on this. DVR set.

From Jayski:

Thanks. :)

From Jayski:

Thanks for the heads up on this. DVR set.
Yep. Thanks

Man, how I wish I would have placed a bet before this season that both Allmendinger and Almirola would have qualified for the Chase. Heck, I may have made enough money that I could have attended each of the races of the 2015 season. That would have been sweet.

I think we're going to sit closer to turn 4 on Sunday. Maybe near pit entrance. Hopefully the groove has widened out but I doubt it.

Crew member for Brad Keselowski looses tooth during pit stop at The Glen

Doing a pit stop is no easy task, but working behind the wall can be a hazard as well. Just ask motor tuner and pit support member Mark “Big Mark” Nichols of the #2 car. This past weekend at Watkins Glen “Big Mark” took a gas can to the face and snapped his right front tooth off. Mark is a 17 year veteran of racing and understands pit stops. This accident was a combination of some bad timing and wrong place wrong time. Anyone who knows “Big Mark” knows he’s one of the nicest guys in racing and when we asked if he would talk about he accident he gave us the one tooth smile and said sure. Here is what he had to say.

So what exactly happened?
I usually hand in the second can during a pit stop. I’ve been doing that for years and work well with Nick Hensley our gas man. On this particular stop, things were backwards because we’re at Watkins Glen. When our gasman went to throw the first can back he threw it where he usually throws it. Only problem was the guy waiting to catch it was on the other side of me. The can ended up hitting me directly in the head and face and consequently I lost a tooth.

Did you feel your tooth get knocked out?

Not at all, I felt the can hit me in the head and I actually started seeing stars for a second there. When I came back around I felt my tooth in my mouth. Once we finished the stop I spit it out in my hand.

What was your conversation with you gas man after the stop?

LOL, I think I told him he was my number one fan if you know what I mean. Me and Nick are good friends and have been working on the #2 together for a while now. It was a racing thing that happened and its no big deal.

So what the plan for the tooth?

Well, It was a crown anyways so I suspect I’ll just get it fixed this week and go on.

from here

Remember when jayski was the place to go to find all the rumors and news ? Seems like he used to have a lot more rumors maybe its just a bad silly season.

Whats left basically....We need to know carls official at gibbs and number and CC and sponsors, id say 19 just my opinion, Ambrose and 9 plans, 16, 88 sponsors and the small teams agendas.

From Jayski:

Bump for anyone that may have missed your original post on this. Today @ 5pm et FS1 "At a Crossroads: The Lost Tim Richmond Interview"

@dustinlong

The Wood Brothers have a media teleconference scheduled for 2 pm ET Thursday to announce their 2015 plans.

Back
Top Bottom