Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm 18m18 minutes ago
Huge congrats. A high, esteemed honor. #TimePersonOfTheYear #nascar
B4f63nACYAARUim.jpg

U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds return for Daytona 500 flyover

NASCAR_115576277.vadapt.955.medium.0.jpg

The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds are set to provide the flyover for the 57th annual Daytona 500 in February.

Back for the 5th straight year, the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron - made up of six F-16 Fighting Falcons - will fly their signature "Delta" formation during the finale of the national anthem.

from here

from jayski.....

TriStar Motorsports announces the addition of Cale Conley to our driver line-up for the 2015 season. The 22-year-old, West Virginia native will run the full 33-race 2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series schedule for TriStar Motorsports.

more on his background here

@bobpockrass

Harry Scott & Chip Ganassi to field Xfinity team. No. 42 car will be split by Ganassi drivers Larson & Kwasniewski. Shiplett to crew chief.

Man who climbed RIR fence during NASCAR race headed to jail

6189921_G.jpg

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - A Hopewell man is headed to jail for climbing a fence at Richmond International Raceway during a NASCAR race in September. A judge found James Dennis guilty on Thursday of being drunk in public and disorderly conduct and sentenced him to a year in jail with all but one month suspended. He was also ordered to pay a $100 fine on each of the counts. Dennis scaled the fence overarching the track and sat atop during the September NASCAR race, as race cars sped below. An officer testified the 53-year-old was drunk and told them he climbed the fence because it was his birthday and he wanted to stop the race and be on TV.

link to story

from jayski.....

TriStar Motorsports announces the addition of Cale Conley to our driver line-up for the 2015 season. The 22-year-old, West Virginia native will run the full 33-race 2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series schedule for TriStar Motorsports.

more on his background here

That is disappointing, Conley I guess got booted when Austin announced the he is going to run Xfinity series next year. TriStar got a good little driver for a slow Toyota car out of the deal.

They won't. Blue and white are the only colors that exist in the eyes of Lowe's. First they got rid of the yellow, now the red too. They even got rid of the red outline on their logo on my business cards (I work there) ;)

They won't. Blue and white are the only colors that exist in the eyes of Lowe's. First they got rid of the yellow, now the red too. They even got rid of the red outline on their logo on my business cards (I work there) ;)
What about the red vests?! :D

Some good news for you turn #2 fans @ Martinsville.....

from jayski

Work has begun on the demolition of an existing restroom facility and the construction of a new one in the second-turn area of Martinsville Speedway. This construction marks the replacement of all original fan restrooms at the speedway. The completion date for the project is early March, well before the STP 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend scheduled for March 27-29. The new building, located behind the Clay Earles Tower in turn two, will be approximately 1,500 square feet. It will contain full men's and women's restroom facilities, including baby-changing stations. Both restrooms will be handicap accessible.

Probably not a good thing. Modernization sounds good but the repaving of the track?

from jayski

Watkins Glen Awarded State Funding for Modernization and Repaving: Watkins Glen International announced that it has been awarded $2.25 million by the State of New York and Governor Andrew Cuomo to assist in modernization efforts and repaving of the historic facility.

Watkins Glen International announced in November its intentions to repave the historic road course following the 2015 Cheez-It 355 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race weekend. The $12 million in private and $2.25 million in public funds will be applied towards infrastructure modernization & marketing during the repaving project.

I hate when they perform a track repave. The racing almost always suffers. Watkins Glen will probably be no exception. Maybe they can oil the track down on the closing laps to make it more entertaining? ;)

@bobpockrass

RCR hires Todd Parrott as its competition director for its Xfinity Series program. He had been Reed Sorenson crew chief at TBR.

Back
Top Bottom