Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Someone with the expendable income needs to create a series like this ROC for our NASCAR drivers to take part in during the off season. These short, head to head races are awesome. It would be that much more fun to have them be the drivers that we watch each weekend throughout the Cup season.

I'm too busy DP. Winterizing the boat and installing a new Bottom Machine/GPS for next year. Also getting the RV ready for our 9 day holiday trip down to central Florida leaving next Saturday morning. :p

Okay then. I guess there is not much interest. :(
I wasn't home.
cry_zpss52r1e8n.gif

And won't be tomorrow either.
cry_zpss52r1e8n.gif

Some good news for you turn #2 fans @ Martinsville.....

from jayski

Work has begun on the demolition of an existing restroom facility and the construction of a new one in the second-turn area of Martinsville Speedway. This construction marks the replacement of all original fan restrooms at the speedway. The completion date for the project is early March, well before the STP 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend scheduled for March 27-29. The new building, located behind the Clay Earles Tower in turn two, will be approximately 1,500 square feet. It will contain full men's and women's restroom facilities, including baby-changing stations. Both restrooms will be handicap accessible.
Will they be selling off the old facilities as souvenirs? I have fond memories of the third 'throne' from the left.

Watkins Glen Awarded State Funding for Modernization and Repaving: Watkins Glen International announced that it has been awarded $2.25 million by the State of New York and Governor Andrew Cuomo to assist in modernization efforts and repaving of the historic facility.
Suppose they'll fix that pinch-point on the bridge between the exit from 'The Boot' and turn 10?

Will they be selling off the old facilities as souvenirs? I have fond memories of the third 'throne' from the left.
Damn, that was you? Light a match next time!

I'm still waiting to see the news from Martinsville that they are installing actual restrooms on the South Terrace. That is long overdue. Port-O-Johns are okay for the parking lot but not for the permanent seating. :mad:

The last time I saw a pic of JLo he didn't look old enough to get a drivers license let alone get married.
But the guys who posted how good he is are starting to be able to brag again. far as I am concerned when the other drivers start fights with you is because they know your going to kick there ass. Speaking of Denny and Stewart of course. LOL

But the guys who posted how good he is are starting to be able to brag again. far as I am concerned when the other drivers start fights with you is because they know your going to kick there ass. Speaking of Denny and Stewart of course. LOL

I am very happy for JLo and his fans as his switch from JGR has been night and day. It is a shame they have turned the championship into a lottery as the kid is good enough to win one the old fashioned way.

• Gordon comments about retirement: from a #24-Jeff Gordon Q&A by Ryan McGee on ESPN.com:
    McGee: "This was your best finish in seven years. Under the old Chase system, you'd have finally won a fifth title. But we writers still come at you with retirement questions. So ... retirement?"
    Gordon: "I don't believe in retirement, No. 1, but I know that I won't always be a full-time Cup driver. That time is coming. Remember in May, my back got so bad I couldn't get out of bed, let alone into a race car? So will that play a role in retirement sooner rather than later? It's very possible. It seems to be the one limiting factor that I have right now. But there's no plan. There's no countdown. I'm racing."(see full Q&A at ESPN.com)(12-15-2014)

I'm sure most of you out there will love this news.....

@dustinlong C

Congrats to @RutledgeWood, who is joining NBC for its coverage of #NASCAR, #IndyCar, Global Rallycross and Mecum Auction.

B4_HLvvCYAA9pnp.jpg:large

I'm sure most of you out there will love this news.....

@dustinlong C

Congrats to @RutledgeWood, who is joining NBC for its coverage of #NASCAR, #IndyCar, Global Rallycross and Mecum Auction.[/quot

another clown, why can't they just use knowledgeable people?.

MRN's annual announcers broadcast is on right now if anyone's interested. I've heard these broadcasts in the past. Most times they are pretty good reminiscing about the past season.

Streaming here.

Back
Top Bottom