Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I suspect SHR will fulfill their end of the contract.
Contracts always have "outs" built in. For all parties. Plus the whole NB debacle may have changed things. Not saying they are just gonna lock the door on her. Negotiations will happen. Thank you for your service...good bye and good luck selling fitness apparel, etc. She was supposed to have a personal contract with GoDaddy outside of racing sponsorship. That never happened. Quit answering the phone.

Contracts always have "outs" built in. For all parties. Plus the whole NB debacle may have changed things. Not saying they are just gonna lock the door on her. Negotiations will happen. Thank you for your service...good bye and good luck selling fitness apparel, etc. She was supposed to have a personal contract with GoDaddy outside of racing sponsorship. That never happened. Quit answering the phone.
We're all aware of those things.

I think SHR will hold up their end of the bargain ... it's just an opinion. We will see.

I've been in mourning every since John Wes Townley took his chicken legs and left the truck series. But there is hope on the horizon. It's only one race though.

Pastrana announced from his Instagram account that he will compete in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series' event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Oct. 3.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/9/23/travis-pastrana-driving-NCWTS-truck-series-las-vegas.html

upload_2017-5-1_9-49-39.jpeg

Talk about a 'never was' in stock car racing. If he couldn't do anything back when Roush rides were decent in N'wide, he won't do squat in a one-off truck. I'd honestly have preferred that this announcement had been about JWT...

yeah no kidding. The youngsters in the trucks are probably going to tear him a new one. I'm betting he doesn't finish the first stage. Not hating the guy, he just can't drive.

that's true, but most of these youngsters have been racing on 4 wheels since they were really young.

It maybe four wheels, but rallying is completely different from asphalt/concrete.

He only had like two full seasons with a completely new form of racing, thats pretty tough in itself. He was quick and has a natural talent, but that can only take you so far in terms of advancement in NASCAR. I would get him back into trucks with Red Horse Racing and learn from Timothy Peters. Go talk to Crafton, Sauter, Joe Nemechek, and other veterans to find what is missing. At the age of 33 now, I mean how much more can he really improve?

... At the age of 33 now, I mean how much more can he really improve?
Tony Stewart was 28 when he ran an ARCA-Busch-Cup schedule in '98.

It would have to be the only thing Pastrami works on; all the other stuff would have to go. But this is a one-off Truck race; it's not like he's trying to go full-time in any stock series.

I can't say anymore about Pastrana or I will be branded a hater for life, but he reminds me of that super rich guy that ran a Xfinity Gibbs car on road racing tracks last year I think it was last year, might have been the year before. He rounded off every corner on the poor Yota before he was thru and he hit at least 4 or 5 other cars while doing it. I hope Gibbs and whoever Pastrana is racing for charge enough for car repairs and include enough for damages to the other guys they hit.:D

I came across a couple cool pictures today. Sorry for the poor quality, I literally took a picture of a picture. :wacko:

Spring of '95, a young 2 Sweet came across Jeff Gordon's car somewhere in West Virginia...

FZNc4kfl.jpg

And a pic I took from Pocono in 2001...

MUelOb2l.jpg

Last but not least, I randomly saw JG's hauler parked at a hotel in my hometown back in 2004. I couldn't help but take a pic, along with my pride and joy at the time, a 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity...

EIbd9j0l.jpg

I came across a couple cool pictures today. Sorry for the poor quality, I literally took a picture of a picture. :wacko:

Spring of '95, a young 2 Sweet came across Jeff Gordon's car somewhere in West Virginia...

FZNc4kfl.jpg

And a pic I took from Pocono in 2001...

MUelOb2l.jpg

Last but not least, I randomly saw JG's hauler parked at a hotel in my hometown back in 2004. I couldn't help but take a pic, along with my pride and joy at the time, a 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity...

EIbd9j0l.jpg

Man I hope you still have that celebrity

Man I hope you still have that celebrity

Sadly I do not. That was my first car, and I miss it dearly. Paid $900 for it when I was 16. I was so proud of it. That 2.8 V6 with a whopping 130 horses lol. I put Z26 wheels on it, an 80's Firebird spoiler, headlight covers, a killer stereo setup, and a Cherry Bomb muffler. I thought it was so cool back then.

Several years later I ended up giving it to my mom to use as a second car, and shortly thereafter got to the point where it was rusting away among other issues. I think we junked it back around 2012 or so.

Sadly I do not. That was my first car, and I miss it dearly. Paid $900 for it when I was 16. I was so proud of it. That 2.8 V6 with a whopping 130 horses lol. I put Z26 wheels on it, an 80's Firebird spoiler, headlight covers, a killer stereo setup, and a Cherry Bomb muffler. I thought it was so cool back then.

Several years later I ended up giving it to my mom to use as a second car, and shortly thereafter got to the point where it was rusting away among other issues. I think we junked it back around 2012 or so.

Awesome!

Got this from my friend at the IMS Museum this morning:

Yesterday Tony Stewart bought a 1974 Foyt Dirt Champ car. He texted the museum and asked if we would like to add it to our new Foyt exhibit and of course we said yes. Tony, and his dad Nelson, brought the car over this afternoon and placed this sign next to the car. Lo and behold another Grant King car!
Today got to talk with Tony and also Johnny Rutherford. Fun day.

Paul

2aez3g0.jpg

(Sorry the pic is sidewise, can't seem to fix it)

Pretty amazing, old fans will remember the classic F-1 battle between the late James Hunt And Niki Lauda. I didn't know that their sons have been teamed up in the Nascar Euro series for awhile.

http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwes/elite-1/story/legendary-lauda-hunt-duo-teams-nwes_04202016
Did you see the movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3056202/

"This powerful story captures the heart of the 1970s - told through unseen footage and exclusive interviews with the people who were really there - the team managers, families, journalists ..."

oh yeah I saw the movie, IDK it was ok I thought. I didn't know both of the sons were racing, and have formed a team of their own. They should have more than a few fans over there in Europe I would think.

You may see some action going on under Ramblings > Annex. The forums EA and NFP are both down and we are not sure why

Cool video from Watkins Glen back in the day, when "sex was safe and motor racing was dangerous," according to Jackie Stewart...

I lost that bunch for the most part when they went to paddle shifters and the push to pass thingy..Now they have about downforced themselves out of the racing picture.

Back
Top Bottom