Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

anyone else think dale earnhardt jr is overrated as a driver?
1.3 wins per year, never had a season where he averaged a top 10.0 finish (10.9 is his best) 0 chips with the same equipment that 2 of his teammates (gordon/jimmie) has 11 with. on his 8th season without a win. hell kyle and hamlin have more wins with less time, logano, keselowski, gordon, johnson, bucsh brothers, harvick, kenseth, edwards, stewart, and hamlin, thats 11 people that jr has had multiple season racing against, all have better wins/year than him, heck even ryan newman is only .3 wins/year behind jr. yet folks say he is a great driver. no he isnt. great ambassador of the sport yes, great guy yes, above average driver yes, but great driver no.

1.3 wins per year, never had a season where he averaged a top 10.0 finish (10.9 is his best) 0 chips with the same equipment that 2 of his teammates (gordon/jimmie) has 11 with. on his 8th season without a win. hell kyle and hamlin have more wins with less time, logano, keselowski, gordon, johnson, bucsh brothers, harvick, kenseth, edwards, stewart, and hamlin, thats 11 people that jr has had multiple season racing against, all have better wins/year than him, heck even ryan newman is only .3 wins/year behind jr. yet folks say he is a great driver. no he isnt. great ambassador of the sport yes, great guy yes, above average driver yes, but great driver no.
You are square on the money there....... I like Jr. and always have..... he's a great kid.... ''Good'' driver..... not the best by any means... he's nowhere near the the driver his Daddy was..... but........ Jr. is his own man...... Sr. was a Shark in his driving prowess..... Jr. he wasn't like that and I appreciated that..... had he driven like Sr...... he would have won a lot more races....... Jr. drove more like Mark Martin.... a clean racer.....

Jr. is more than likely over rated...... but...... he has won the fan vote for most popular driver for umpteen years.... all because 1...... he's Sr's son..... but....... above all else....... he's a good guy and ain't filled full of himself.... I was never a fan of Sr. on Sundays.... (I hated him for 4 hours on Sunday but revered him the rest of the week)

I hope Jr. has the best life anyone can ever imagine........

I've always thought Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s career had an advantage comparable drivers didn't have: his last name. I've also always thought Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s career had a disadvantage comparable drivers didn't have: his last name.

He may be overrated as a driver. I don't think his record is HOF-worthy, although I expect he'll be in the first year he's eligible. But I don't think he's over-rated as a representative of NASCAR, as a historian of stock car racing, or as an honorable person.

Oh, and welcome. Hell of a controversial topic to kick off your membership.

Oh, and welcome. Hell of a controversial topic to kick off your membership.

yes as someone on already shared, twitter attempted to roast me for it, yet none was successful, they mostly all said look at the money vs you and i bet you cant do what he does like any of those actually proves my statement wrong

so where do you think Erik Jones will race next season? Furniture Row as already stated is extremely unlikely he is back with them next season.

^^ It's usually referred to as a difference of opinion. You'll have that on the intergoogle.

i kinda wish instead of 16 drivers in the chase/playoffs, it were 13 and after each race a driver gets eliminated. which would leave 4 going into homestead and there a single driver should be eliminated leaving 2 drivers in final stage and winner is which ever finishes first...

i love stage racing, hate that it draws a caution after each stage, but Love the stages. Keeps me watching longer as there are more meaningful laps... unlike the old format that just put me to sleep because nothing was really mattered until the final 10 laps

so where do you think Erik Jones will race next season? Furniture Row as already stated is extremely unlikely he is back with them next season.
Jones is under contract to Toyota and I think JGR. The #77 ride was created so that he could move to cup when there was no ride available. Everything about Jones's car is supplied by JGR so next season it will all move to JGR shop. My personal opinion is that this kid is arrogant enough that he will put Denny Hamlin in his place (as a team mate) and not suffer the hardships that Joey did.

That's what they're doing now.

Perhaps a put-in-his-place Hamlin to BK with a JGR affiliation next year?

A motorsports entertainment analysis or journalist will be along shortly to tell to us how overrated Hamlin is.

DBFI2BrU0AE7L1Y.jpg:large

Scored a couple of good garage sale finds over the weekend, a program for the 1975 Daytona 500 and a Winston Cup Scene from the week Dale Earnhardt won the Daytona 500. The Scene is in kind of rough shape, but the '75 Daytona 500 program is in mint condition. Both cost a whopping $3.
IMG_0830.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

not gonna lie, it was nice seeing #3 in victory lane again, unfortunately it was the wrong driver...

They did?

His contract with Furniture Row is up at the end of the season. I find it unlikely that he isn't back in the 77 unless there's something we don't know with JGR and sponsorship. Maybe I'm missing out on the hot new rumor, but Matt seems like he's happy with still racing right now so who knows when he will hang it up.

Back
Top Bottom