Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I wonder where she was or what she was doing when her friends were getting ready to leave. ROTFL
They may have been in multiple cars, and everyone assumed she was in one of them. I don't where she was sleeping, but I'm too cheap to leave a sleeping bag or even a lawn chair behind.

But then, I was brought up better than to leave that kind of mess. I wouldn't want to be surrounded by garbage like that for even 15 minutes, much less through the race and overnight. It just confirms my suspicion that infields and track camping ain't for me. I have no use for slobs too lazy to even bag their own trash.

Look how high in the front those cars ride. Looks more like a car and less like a vacuum cleaner.
Yes, the stance looks good to the eye, IMO. But they fly too often, and that is a problem. Personally, I'd prefer side skirts and low ride height to restrictor plates or small V-6 motors. JMO.

Last edited:
DBK1UiwW0AAxnfH.jpg:large

Hamburg native and Watkins Glen president Michael Printup says that his organization is close to making a major announcement of a new race entitlement sponsor for this August's NASCAR Cup Series visit.

From 2013-2016, the NASCAR Cup Series stop at The Glen was named the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen but following last year's event, Kellogg's Corporation, the makers of the Cheez-It product, decided not to return. The search for a replacement sponsor has been ongoing ever since.

"We're getting pretty darn close and we hope to announce something here for the NASCAR Cup Series race sponsorship within the next two weeks." said Printup.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/28/pruett-preps-for-sahlens-event-at-glen/

So happy FOX is down to the last four races(month) of their portion of the schedule.

How a nice guy like Dale Jr could ever be a Deadskins fan is beyond me.

Fly Eagles Fly

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nfl-rules-prevent-eagles-paint-scheme-dale-earnhardt/story?id=47791297

I'm glad the NFL will not allow Dale Jr. to run a paint scheme he is so strongly against.

Running that paint sceme is also not fair to Dale Jr. fans who don't like the Eagles. Sports teams and schools should not be allowed to sponsor race cars.

Back when Jeff Gordon ran the Texas A&M paint scheme a few years ago, I was planning to transfer to UT Arlington for Civil Engineering (before deciding against a math-based career). At the time, I was NOT happy with his decision to run that A&M paint scheme!

I'm glad the NFL will not allow Dale Jr. to run a paint scheme he is so strongly against.

Running that paint sceme is also not fair to Dale Jr. fans who don't like the Eagles. Sports teams and schools should not be allowed to sponsor race cars.

Back when Jeff Gordon ran the Texas A&M paint scheme a few years ago, I was planning to transfer to UT Arlington for Civil Engineering (before deciding against a math-based career). At the time, I was NOT happy with his decision to run that A&M paint scheme!

I see your points but in today's sponsor environment it must be difficult turning any type of sponsorship money aside.

If NASCAR really cared about safety they would not allow for the cards to be harder to drive. Harder to drive cars cause more accidents

It doesn't matter how easy or hard the cars are to drive. Idiots will always try to do more than the car will allow. Some drivers are only in Cup because they have a small sponsor and their teams can't really compete. To make matters worse, those drivers wreck and will continue to wreck no matter what car they have.

Back
Top Bottom