Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

For @DanicaFreak since he asked
M9TkchD.jpg

QPzaGRn.jpg
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG

great work! thanks for sharing!

"Put aside the debate over whether NASCAR needs to eradicate the echoes of “Office Space” that have seeped into its officiating (“We noticed you’re having trouble with restarts … did you not get that memo about the apron, inside lane and white line and why it’s OK to do something illegal if someone else does it first?”), there’s no question that communication needs to be improved about the rules.

It is a problem when drivers meetings – which are decked out with enormous red carpets, omnipresent countdown clocks and ear-splittingly high-volume warmup music that would make Nickelback shudder – are held up as some sort of sacrosanct forum for discussing the rules and their game-changing applications that could determine the course of a championship.

They are the NASCAR equivalent of holding school board meetings at Chuck E. Cheese’s."

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/10...nce-to-call-the-shots-on-how-his-career-ends/

School board meetings here don't serve alcohol, however Chuck E Cheese does. :cheers:
I've never been desperate enough to go into CEC's to find out. They could have 25-cent Woodchuck and 50-cent Jaeger shots and I'd still prefer the school board meeting.

Nascar needs to get rid of the splitters and skirts when they go to tracks a mile or less at the very least.
I was wondering if that damage to Chase's front end was helping his brakes at all yesterday. That splitter was way off the ground from his front end damage and I bet it allowed a lot more air to get to them.

You're right. There's a couple of others that don't make sense either but who knows what they're thinking. Bayne instead of Stenhouse, Hamlin instead of kybu?

Hamlin is there to practice wrecking other drivers and being a general nuisance

maybe Hamlin will dump your driver next
Is the the only criteria to be the 'People's Champion'? Do you have to be in the Chase to become one, or does Hamlin dumping you at any point in the season qualify you? Do you still get to call yourself that after Hamlin dumps someone else? Is it like winning a Cup championship, you get to embroider it on your firesuit for the rest of your career? If Hamlin retires, does he appoint someone else to dump drivers so they can be a 'People's Champion'? Or maybe the most recent 'People's Champion' takes over as the dumper?

EDIT: oh, and my driver doesn't have to worry about being a 'People's Champion. He's already a Cup champion.

Is the the only criteria to be the 'People's Champion'? Do you have to be in the Chase to become one, or does Hamlin dumping you at any point in the season qualify you? Do you still get to call yourself that after Hamlin dumps someone else? Is it like winning a Cup championship, you get to embroider it on your firesuit for the rest of your career? If Hamlin retires, does he appoint someone else to dump drivers so they can be a 'People's Champion'? Or maybe the most recent 'People's Champion' takes over as the dumper?

I think you need to be liked before getting wrecked. KyBu, for example would have a hard time claiming the title regardless of his wrecker/wreckee status. :D

I think you need to be liked before getting wrecked. KyBu, for example would have a hard time claiming the title regardless of his wrecker/wreckee status. :D
Ah! Now we're starting to narrow down what's required to be a 'People's Champion' (hereafter, 'P'sC'). Hamlin has to dump you AND you have to be liked. Good to know. Are Dallas or the #5 car part of this?

Ah! Now we're starting to narrow down what's required to be a 'People's Champion' (hereafter, 'P'sC'). Hamlin has to dump you AND you have to be liked. Good to know. Are Dallas or the #5 car part of this?

Dallas is involved, directly. Further actions will probably happen at the track in Dallas this weekend.

The 5 car will need to contend for a win in order for any memorable dumpage to occur, so maybe?

there ya go. There are a lot of fans up for grabs with Jr retiring. Having a rat like driver dump you while in the lead? I know Elliott went up a notch in my belt when he got in Denny's face. Joey didn't do nothing when KDB intentionally cut his tire down..Fans notice that.

Uh, sorry. Kenseth's championship is pre-lottery, pre-Chase, old school 'points only' and with a race to spare. See the adjoining avatar from Rockingham.
Thought you were talking about Kyle again. I am familiar with Matt beating Junior to the championship. :rolleyes:

I don't recall EVER referring to Kyle as my driver, and I'm the old guy with CRS syndrome.
I think I have a few years on you Charlie. I got CRS at age 65 and dementia 5 yrs later.
The good part is I never remember I have it.
Some times I get on here without my glasses and never know who I replied to. :D

An actual Game #7 happening tonight on FOX. Not predetermined before the season began..... Much unlike the Homestead Cup that was displayed on the schedule more than a year in advance. You don't schedule Game #7 moments Brian. They just happen..... and when they do, they're something special.

An actual Game #7 happening tonight on FOX. Not predetermined before the season began..... Much unlike the Homestead Cup that was displayed on the schedule more than a year in advance. You don't schedule Game #7 moments Brian. They just happen..... and when they do, they're something special.

Love this post. Well said.

Natural drama > manufactured drama

Back
Top Bottom