Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

DNpLN4sW4AADgj-.jpg:large

Great interview and the documentary looks like It's gonna be awesome. That being said it appears that she's done racing and that is disappointing for me.:(
not giving up...Id still like to see her at RFR

original_Dover_International_Speedway_Monster0.jpg

Just purchased our Triple Access pass for the Spring Dover race. Tickets are so cheap, not to mention you can bring your our beer in. I told my girlfriend we're being financially responsible by skipping going to NFL games and going to NASCAR races instead.

Tonight here is Guy Fawkes day, Bloody noisy with all the fireworks, Scaring the dogs.
We get that twice a year here, New Year's Eve (January) and our Independence Day (July). In my opinion, Independence Day is worse because they start firing as soon as it gets dark, it's our summer so they can stay out later, and there's no holiday the next day to catch up the lost sleep. New Year's isn't as bad, because they wait until midnight, it's cold so they usually don't screw around very long, and the next day IS a holiday.

But the dog hates it either way, along with the weekend fireworks the new minor league baseball team introduced two years ago. Me, I'd ban them. Just one idjit's opinion.

We get that twice a year here, New Year's Eve (January) and our Independence Day (July). In my opinion, Independence Day is worse because they start firing as soon as it gets dark, it's our summer so they can stay out later, and there's no holiday the next day to catch up the lost sleep. New Year's isn't as bad, because they wait until midnight, it's cold so they usually don't screw around very long, and the next day IS a holiday.

But the dog hates it either way, along with the weekend fireworks the new minor league baseball team introduced two years ago. Me, I'd ban them. Just one idjit's opinion.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11940765
Happens every year.

And they aren't all staged events all the neighbours have their own fireworks to let off.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11940765
Happens every year.

And they aren't all staged events all the neighbours have their own fireworks to let off.
Fireworks laws vary in the US from state to state. Here in South Carolina, it's also legal for private citizens to set them off in the street. Actually, they can do it any time of year; it's not limited to the two holiday periods. There are also localities where you aren't allowed to use them but it's okay for retailers to sell them. o_O

Fireworks laws vary in the US from state to state. Here in South Carolina, it's also legal for private citizens to set them off in the street. Actually, they can do it any time of year; it's not limited to the two holiday periods. There are also localities where you aren't allowed to use them but it's okay for retailers to sell them. o_O
Yeah we are allowed to set them off anytime but now you can only buy them the 3 days before Guy Fawkes Day.

Some of us happen to like fireworks.

We are down to the last 1,396 laps left to run for the 2017 NASCAR top three series, sad face.

South of the Border makes a killing off of SC's loose firework laws, right?

South of the Border makes a killing off of SC's loose firework laws, right?
Yep. SOB sells a lot of fireworks to tourists on I-95 heading home to states where fireworks are illegal.
Well nothing else ever looked enticing about that place, I think most of their money goes to bill boards
It's a tourist trap that is decades past it's prime. Although it had been around since the '50s, its profitability peaked during the '80s and '90s when video poker was legal and many of its buildings were dedicated to entertaining suckers. When video poker was outlawed, it lost its largest income source and no longer has the funding to maintain the majority of the facility. The gas pumps work, the crappy souvenir stores are open, and the greasy spoon probably won't make you sick. The mini-golf has been unplayable for years, the few amusement park-style rides were taken out long ago, and even the landmark sombrero-shaped observation tower was closed for a few years as unsafe.

It is also home to the bottling plant for Blenheim ginger ale, the ass-kickingest mouthful of fizzy gingery goodness you'll ever mix a drink or glaze a ham with.

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

"You may be a redneck if you and your new bride took a two-week honeymoon at South of the Border."

I really like Bubba. What I don't like is publicity because he is half black. Just like Danica he is a heck of a racer. I look forward to the day when the "news" see it the same way as the majority of the racing fans. In my opinion.
I look forward to the day when the majority of the racing fans see it the same way as you.

"Finding our Roots" on PBS is an interesting show. Most of the people featured, their linage isn't the same as what they believe it to be. I have learned a lot about our history, factual information, not what the history books are saying.

Back
Top Bottom