Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Ty Dillon embraces one-car ‘island,’ looks to Furniture Row for inspiration

I think there was something inside of me that wanted to break out of that a little bit,” Dillon said. “As much as I love having … my family in the sport and my grandfather is an owner and how much I would love to win races and championships for him, I think I needed to break out of that grandson-brother shadow that I had. … There are a lot of things my brother and I can do that are great and I still want to work with my grandfather. But I want people to know me … and who I am.

This might be interesting?
He will video blog his entire year and hired someone to attend 36 events — both races and other happenings — with him throughout the season to capture behind-the-scenes content.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...o-furniture-row-for-inspiration-2018-preview/

I think there was something inside of me that wanted to break out of that a little bit,” Dillon said. “As much as I love having … my family in the sport and my grandfather is an owner and how much I would love to win races and championships for him, I think I needed to break out of that grandson-brother shadow that I had. … There are a lot of things my brother and I can do that are great and I still want to work with my grandfather. But I want people to know me … and who I am.

He will video blog his entire year and hired someone to attend 36 events — both races and other happenings — with him throughout the season to capture behind-the-scenes content.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...o-furniture-row-for-inspiration-2018-preview/

Taking a page out of Junior's book? interesting

"I will break out of the shadow of my Grandpa, by getting a ride from my Grandpa in a team that gets their cars and engines and support and technical data from my Grandpa. Other than that, totally void of my Grandpa!"

When Toyota brought in the new nose was it during the off season? I can't remember but for some reason I feel like it was during the season but that doesn't seem right to me..

I know the feeling. I've needed to clean and organize my storage shed all winter, and I could get it done before Sunday. I won't, but I could. Can we all chip in to make this thing the Racing-Forums.com Pole Award?

I still say it makes perfect sense for Advance Auto Parts to step and sponsor the Pole Award, they sponsor the Pole winners race.

I know the feeling. I've needed to clean and organize my storage shed all winter, and I could get it done before Sunday. I won't, but I could. Can we all chip in to make this thing the Racing-Forums.com Pole Award?

256755.jpg

They should have Playboy sponsor it. Then it can be the Playboy Pole Award and they'd give drivers a literal pole as an award.

Back
Top Bottom