Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

If you can't beat em become the boss of them is I guess Bens motto

I saw the words 'sweeping changes' and my 'fight or flight' reflexes kicked in. Fortunately, this is just a bunch of front office changes with no changes to the racing rules, so I'll see if I can get my orifice to unpucker.

Ben Kennedy has more seat time than his uncle Brian. That can only be a good thing.

Has anyone seen a transcript or video of Newman's interview?

Newman Lacking Confidence in NASCAR’s Technical Inspection System

“When the Hawkeye system goes down, what’s the backup plan?” Ryan Newman questioned on Media Day. “We don’t have enough people anymore, so what are we going to do, just sit in the garage and wait until we get the Hawkeye system back up and running? When we have a power outage, and things got to get rebooted or when something gets wet, what are we going to do? How’s that part going to work? Technology has made us dependent upon a lot of things technology‑wise, and when those things fail, a lot of us just scratch our head.”

Read the rest of his comments in the link below.....

http://www.popularspeed.com/newman-lacking-confidence-in-nascars-technical-inspection-system/

NASCAR'S new youth marketing campaign is ageism discrimination because older driver's do not look so good on social media.

Newman Lacking Confidence in NASCAR’s Technical Inspection System

“When the Hawkeye system goes down, what’s the backup plan?” Ryan Newman questioned on Media Day. “We don’t have enough people anymore, so what are we going to do, just sit in the garage and wait until we get the Hawkeye system back up and running? When we have a power outage, and things got to get rebooted or when something gets wet, what are we going to do? How’s that part going to work? Technology has made us dependent upon a lot of things technology‑wise, and when those things fail, a lot of us just scratch our head.”

Read the rest of his comments in the link below.....

http://www.popularspeed.com/newman-lacking-confidence-in-nascars-technical-inspection-system/

It’s easy to see that a change was necessary, as there were notable flaws with the LIS. Several teams noted if the weather changed, the LIS numbers would change.

wow...

With the right surname, you can do anything.

He's still a very underrated driver, even with the France family being associated with Ben, he still cannot get a seat in the Truck or Xfinity series.

Wish him the best in his new position though, I'm hoping that someone with some know-how behind the wheel can make some necessary pointers...

He's still a very underrated driver, even with the France family being associated with Ben, he still cannot get a seat in the Truck or Xfinity series.

Wish him the best in his new position though, I'm hoping that someone with some know-how behind the wheel can make some necessary pointers...
I never really thought he was that good. Decent, not good enough to advance. Making him a series GM? Talk about throwing a bone. There's gotta be plenty of people within NASCAR who have worked their asses off for years and have tons of experience and good ideas that could've gotten that opportunity beforehand.

Just reeks to me.

I never really thought he was that good. Decent, not good enough to advance. Making him a series GM? Talk about throwing a bone. There's gotta be plenty of people within NASCAR who have worked their asses off for years and have tons of experience and good ideas that could've gotten that opportunity beforehand.

Just reeks to me.

It is obvious nepotism, but that is how NASCAR and much of racing for that matter is run. The best that can be said for him is that he appears to have genuine passion for motorsports, unlike the current CEO / Chairman / family heir.

It is obvious nepotism, but that is how NASCAR and much of racing for that matter is run. The best that can be said for him is that he appears to have genuine passion for motorsports, unlike the current CEO / Chairman / family heir.
Let’s hope that remains true because I think this just shows he’s being groomed to be Brian’s heir apparent already.

IIRC, the Brain also got his first big shot with the Truck Series.

I think Ben Kennedy has some respect at the track
Let’s hope that remains true because I think this just shows he’s being groomed to be Brian’s heir apparent already.

IIRC, the Brain also got his first big shot with the Truck Series.

Ben Kennedy has some respect he can build on at least. :idunno:

As long as they don't touch the racing surface.

I loves me some ol' school grandstands as much as the next guy, but The Lady could stand to have a bit of work done, esp. on the back stretch stands. Gotta be ready when the bottom drops out and some of those less popular tracks are dropped. ;)

Just reeks to me.
A lot of people would not have their job if it wasn't for family connections that open doors for their children. Ben is no different and who knows maybe a young guy who actually had to drive might have more insight than a boardroom idiot that needs a chauffeur to drive for him.

A lot of people would not have their job if it wasn't for family connections that open doors for their children. Ben is no different and who knows maybe a young guy who actually had to drive might have more insight than a boardroom idiot that needs a chauffeur to drive for him.

I don't normally agree with most of what you say..did you take an optimism pill his A.M.?:D

I think Ben Kennedy has some respect at the track

Ben Kennedy has some respect he can build on at least. :idunno:
Reaction from those invested in the sport seems to be positive.

This might be the best way for him to get involved considering his experience racing there, and because there really shouldn't be too much pressure because the series has a lot of room for improvement right now.

As long as they don't touch the racing surface.

I loves me some ol' school grandstands as much as the next guy, but The Lady could stand to have a bit of work done, esp. on the back stretch stands. Gotta be ready when the bottom drops out and some of those less popular tracks are dropped. ;)
The one time I went a few years ago we were located on the backstretch. Yeah, it could definitely use upgrading. Awfully tight back there too. I think there was maybe one or two concession stands and nearly no room to walk.

Reaction from those invested in the sport seems to be positive.

This might be the best way for him to get involved considering his experience racing there, and because there really shouldn't be too much pressure because the series has a lot of room for improvement right now.

He owns a late model stock car team also. He has a driver signed to race the car in 2018. Comparing him to Brian when he was the same age is like walking and flying IMO. Ben is also an athlete, looks pretty serious at bicycle type racing.

started on the pole and finished 4th.

Last edited:
Joey Logano for some reason is doing ice level reporting for the Flyers Capitals game on NBCSN, seems to be promoting the 500.

They are actually using Joey for analysis

Are you sure it's Joey Logano?

I have a friend in DC who looks just like Joey and has been mistaken for him a couple of times.
Its him unless your friend makes bad puns squeezes in racing references with the other announcers and laughs nervously the whole time.

Are you sure it's Joey Logano?

I have a friend in DC who looks just like Joey and has been mistaken for him a couple of times.
Funny story when I went to Nicaragua in college we were taking a ferry. After the ferry left the dock they had you sign a paper saying who was on the boat...not sure why if the boat sank so would the paper. So I signed it as Joey Logano.

Its him unless your friend makes bad puns squeezes in racing references with the other announcers and laughs nervously the whole time.

He makes bad puns and laughs nervously. He's not a NASCAR fan sadly.

He actually declined to go on our Dover trip this year because of a conflict. My buds and I had agreed to buy him some Joey Logano gear to see how many times he got stopped for autographs.

He makes bad puns and laughs nervously. He's not a NASCAR fan sadly.

He actually declined to go on our Dover trip this year because of a conflict. My buds and I had agreed to buy him some Joey Logano gear to see how many times he got stopped for autographs.
Wow if he looks that close people definitely would.

"A power play is like when you have new tires and the other guy doesn't" -Joey Logano

At least Benji's been to most of the tracks.

Back
Top Bottom