Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

The Casual Science Behind Preparing Wheels For A NASCAR Pit Stop

zmdamqunpvxbjkjggw1m.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/the-casual-sci...3592908?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting, thanks for posting. I knew about the smooth part at the end of the stud but never knew that the glue stretched like that to hold the lug nut in place until they tightened it. Makes sense though and explains things more, because I still wondered why even with the smooth part at the end of the stud that when they put the tire on very quickly why the lug nuts wouldn't just pop off the end of the stud from the force of putting the tire on.

I went over to the speedway at lunch on Tuesday and watched some of this testing and a few things that stuck out to me was that the infield/road course portion isn't that long, but you may recall that they cut out an extra loop in the infield after drivers said that portion of the track was too slow after last year's initial test.

The bus stop on the back stretch didn't seem to slow the cars down that much.

Another thing is that there's not alot of great viewing for the infield portion - I sat at the top of the grandstands right at the entrance of the infield portion (at the end of pit road) and still didn't have a very good view of the infield portion. So that upper grandstand portion down by the end of pit road will undoubtedly be one of the best places to sit for the fall roval race. l

There's also a small hill in the infield between turns 1 and 2 which provides a little bit of elevation change going into turns 5 and 6.

Roval%20map

search

newer guy Shane Lee is there. Preece...cool

Spencer Gallagher showed up and officials reminded him that he wasn’t allowed to even attend events, and then he left. Lmao.

It's sad when this forum is more exciting then the races with its passionate, informed debate and wry humor.

If this happens I want my credit for it
Screenshot_20180508-231408_Twitter.jpg

And the award for most confusing nascar product goes to...

Screenshot_20180511-141653_Facebook.jpg

Took me a bit to figure out that's a hand, holding a helmet. Strange.
Its Thanos hand from Avengers and the As in Kansas are Avengers logos. I just dont get it because the race is not sponsored by the avengers.

Back
Top Bottom