Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

That is the best way to promote Nascar and at the same time help short tracks and other series.

Yikes!

My wife and I were talking about going. Not gonna happen if tix are that much.
I'd go on there and check them out still - the further you move away from the start finish and depending on how high/low you want to sit there's a pretty wide range of prices. I think the lowest ticket price is $125. They have a pretty neat interactive seating chart on their website that even lets you see what the view will look like from your seat. You can sit way up top coming out of 4 and going into 1 for $155/each.

The only reason I looked where I did was because I just bought those same seats for the July race in a few weeks for $170/each. Which while still high, isn't totally unbearable.

DffV7uTW4AA-1GN.jpg

Matt Yocum‏Verified account @MattYocum Jun 12
The building of a triple crown champ season. Glen, Bernie, and skinny britches sitting in the new Niebel sprint car.

Say what we will about Kahne, but this is how you identify the guys who just absolutely have motor oil in their blood. (Tony's might be diluted with some stuff from the Dairy Queen grease trap.)
Kasey has always loved running his sprint cars and it doesn't get talked about much but he runs a solid WoO organization.

Say what we will about Kahne, but this is how you identify the guys who just absolutely have motor oil in their blood. (Tony's might be diluted with some stuff from the Dairy Queen grease trap.)
I agree. Sprint cars, late models, sports cars... it's all good, IMO. Some guys need more than 36 races per year. That's part of the reason I am opposed to restricting entry into Xfinity races.

I was thinking about it, in my honest opinion, the Truck Series needs to go back to being primarily short track based national touring series, tracks like Nashville Fairgrounds, Thompson, Stafford, Irwindale, Kern County, Memphis, IRP,, Colorado National, Greenville Bowman-Gray, South Boston, Langley, Myrtle Beach, and Evergreen

I was thinking about it, in my honest opinion, the Truck Series needs to go back to being primarily short track based national touring series, tracks like Nashville Fairgrounds, Thompson, Stafford, Irwindale, Kern County, Memphis, IRP,, Colorado National, Greenville Bowman-Gray, South Boston, Langley, Myrtle Beach, and Evergreen
I'd love to see the series at those tracks too, but did you see the relatively small turnout at last night's Iowa race?

The closest Cup tracks are Kansas (250 miles) and Chicago (300+), so you'd think race fans within an hour or so would be starving for a national touring series. That place wasn't half full. Other track operators must have seen that and question how much it would cost to host a race, how much they'd have to charge for admission, and whether they'd could attract enough people at those prices to make money.

That was an eye-opener for me. If tonight's X race doesn't have a much better crowd, it's going to take a lot to convince me that standalones are viable in today's market.

I'd love to see the series at those tracks too, but did you see the relatively small turnout at last night's Iowa race?

The closest Cup tracks are Kansas (250 miles) and Chicago (300+), so you'd think race fans within an hour or so would be starving for a national touring series. That place wasn't half full. Other track operators must have seen that and question how much it would cost to host a race, how much they'd have to charge for admission, and whether they'd could attract enough people at those prices to make money.

That was an eye-opener for me. If tonight's X race doesn't have a much better crowd, it's going to take a lot to convince me that standalones are viable in today's market.
Thing is a lot of those tracks seat 20,000 fans or less, if you attract 15,000 fans at Nashville Fairgrounds, Irwindale, South Boston, or Evergreen it's a sell out, and the fans will show up at Bowman-Grey for a national touring series event

Money derived from TV broadcast partners has become the primary revenue stream for track operators, fully 65% of what the sanctioning body receives. NASCAR takes its 10% right off the top.

Sanctioning fees and prize money are paid by the track from those funds and from ticket sales revenue. Usually, they have something left over. Almost all of the tracks are owned by ISC (NASCAR is the controlling shareholder) or SMI, with whom NASCAR has a long-time business to business relationship. In this weekend’s case, Iowa Speedway is wholly owned by NASCAR itself.

Want to see races at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington? Expand the grandstand significantly, convince the TV broadcast partners to alter their contract terms and have them pay the same amount of money they’re paying this weekend at Iowa, find a way to cover their increased transportation and logistical costs and find the money to cover NASCAR for its anticipated profit at the track it owns.

It’s a business. Daydreams about what things look like on the other side of The Looking Glass don’t cut it.

Iowa seats 30,000 people. Evergreen Speedway seats 12,500.

How many folks were in the stands last night?

By my guesstimate, less than 15,000.

The snag to expanding the capacity at some of these tracks is how they'd pay for it. They'd only use it one weekend but would have to maintain it all year, pay higher insurance and taxes, etc. Cheaper to add berms and let people bring lawn chairs. But why increase it when there's no evidence it's needed? If Evergreen sells out 12,500 once, increase the ticket price until sellouts stop. Then consider adding more seats and / or cutting the prices.

In my opinion the low ratings indicate that even Road America, Mid-Ohio, Montreal, and Eldora do not work.
Remember Xfinity , when under Busch logo , used to be one of the big 3 channels.

who in their right mind would do that? Nascar doesn't fill the stands for the short tracks of Martinsville, Bristol, Iowa, so lets drop everything and go to even smaller venues where they are struggling even more so. Like Nascar would be a savior to those tracks? I seriously doubt it. There are series on those tracks already and many of those drivers would do just about anything for the opportunity to get in a good truck ride.

Why do truck races need to return to grassroots when they’re the best show on speedways. Love watching them run on 1.5-2 mile tracks getting a huge run and slingshotting around

Back
Top Bottom