Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

They have all the equipment, computer systems etc at the shop so it should leave there ready to race with minor adjustments for weather. I have never understood those teams that say we had to change the whole car or put someone else set up in just to run. That tells me they goofed badly or the notes from the driver where wrong.

They all don't run the same speed, but to get into the top 5 you had better be close and throwing everything at the setup to get there. That is most of the time a tenth of a second throws a blanket over the top 5. I guess you think it is a large difference when they say that, 2 tenths off is huge, that is top 20 speed.

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
Watching CNN in the airport. Guess which racing highlight from yesterday made the newscast? Yep, the pace car crash.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06...-pace-car-at-indycars-detroit-grand-prix.html
Along with his engineering background, Reuss is an accomplished racer who has driven pace cars at major events before. But Indy 500 champion Will Power told the Indianapolis Star that the turn Reuss crashed in on the Belle Isle street circuit is a tricky one, with a crest in the middle of it that can upset a vehicle.

Last edited:
Are you allowed to take selfies with drivers during autographs or can they only sign?

Kyle Petty‏Verified account @kylepetty
Morgan and I are SO Happy to welcome our son into our lives! Overton Owens Petty born 6-3-18! Baby and Mom are doing GREAT! We can’t wait for the adventure to begin! #prouddadandmom

Overton...? Like the pool company that sponsored the Pocono race a few years? So is his real name Owen and he's just sponsored by Overton? Very glad KP picked up this sponsor for his son...it'll probably help him 15 years down the road when he wants to race. Good to see some sponsor loyalty early.

I see it very similar to Menard's sponsoring Paul from birth.

Boooo. Even further removed from NASCAR.

I wonder if she's done with Sirius now having to relocate from Charlotte.
If she is, I doubt it's due to relocation. These days, nobody has to be in a studio to run a radio show. Half the guests Skype in anyway.

NASCAR Hall of Famer Ray Evernham coming to Pikes Peak with his 1936 Chevy Sedan, “The Ghost”

The Ghost is a custom-built race car designed to look like a modified that would have been raced in the 1960s but features state-of-the-art mechanics and electronics. It’s named The Ghost due to the pearl white Axalta Coating Systems-provided paint scheme. While it has the appearance of a 1936 Chevrolet sedan, The Ghost has the aero performance of an Indy car and is powered by an 850+ HP Chevrolet SB2 engine.

http://ppihc.org/nascar-hall-of-fam...kes-peak-with-his-1936-chevy-sedan-the-ghost/

Unrelated to the chart really, but a buddy of mine pointed out to me the other day that Chase actually has a lower average finish this year than he did at this point last season.

14.07 vs 13.93 this year. Thought that was interesting the way Chevy has struggled.

Back
Top Bottom