Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

NEWS: Jeffrey Earnhardt will drive the #55 Black Rifle Coffee / Xtreme Concepts Chevrolet in the Coca-Cola 600.

Here is the car he will pilot for the 600:
19179FE0-F41F-4D7C-A061-F580EF14751B.jpeg

'Black Rifle Coffee Company'? 'Cause there's nothing I enjoy more in the morning than the smell of expended gunpower?

As a NASCAR fan, I'm getting ready to take in the opening laps and eventual closing laps of the Indy 500. I'll be rooting for Danica in her last ride. Never really had anything against her. She's had an uphill battle from the beginning in trying to win over fans. I've given her my share of grief but today I'll be a fan of hers.

I came in from a grocery run and saw Danica interviewing... thought this can not be good if she's interviewing and everyone else is racing. la sigh :unsure:

But the 37-year-old added that he hasn’t made any serious inquiries about picking up a ride, in part because: "I see how long it takes to get good at your craft. … Those guys are absolutely top-notch, and it would be tough to turn up and be competitive."

They put something in that milk
I don't know about that, but I do know Power's swig of the milk was lame... a dainty sip before pouring it on his head. Takuma Sato, on the other hand, took a deep triple gulp last year... a much more satisfactory victory lane performance. It is important, don't ya know, that we Americans take note of such things when foreign drivers win the Indy 500. (It must be said, however, that Power's bovine faux pas did not sink to the level of udder (ha ha) despair perpetrated by Emerson Fittipaldi with JuiceGate, which was some years ago but has not been forgotten.)

He said I am not supposed to have dairy with my diet...my how times have changed. Maybe have a juice bar in victory circle?

I don't know about that, but I do know Power's swig of the milk was lame... a dainty sip before pouring it on his head. Takuma Sato, on the other hand, took a deep triple gulp last year... a much more satisfactory victory lane performance. It is important, don't ya know, that we Americans take note of such things when foreign drivers win the Indy 500. (It must be said, however, that Power's bovine faux pas did not sink to the level of udder (ha ha) despair perpetrated by Emerson Fittipaldi with JuiceGate, which was some years ago but has not been forgotten.)
I keep waiting for a winner to reach in his firesuit and pull out a baggie of Quik or Ovaltine.

Hockey in Vegas is such a weird thing.
I think it is awesome that a team in its first year of competition is going for Stanley.
Just shows that all those millionaires are on cruise control a lot of the time.
Reminds me of the top drivers in cup a few years ago riding in the back waiting for the last 50 laps.

Some folks just don't really like milk, man! :p

I think it is awesome that a team in its first year of competition is going for Stanley.
Just shows that all those millionaires are on cruise control a lot of the time.
Reminds me of the top drivers in cup a few years ago riding in the back waiting for the last 50 laps.
Bettman handed Vegas a competitive team on a gold platter. No draft and develope young players, rape the other teams of their 2nd and 3rd line players, luck in to a cup winning goaltender. 500 million buys you a Stanley cup.

They have all the equipment, computer systems etc at the shop so it should leave there ready to race with minor adjustments for weather. I have never understood those teams that say we had to change the whole car or put someone else set up in just to run. That tells me they goofed badly or the notes from the driver where wrong.

Back
Top Bottom