Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

1695080629101.jpeg

Okay, I've heard Dale Jr. on the radio and I've heard Clifton Daniels on the radio keeping Larson calm during the closing laps of one race that he won. It's one of the 2023 playoff races.

I could listen to those two all day. I would love to have a Clifton Daniels just calmly taking to me and guiding me through life.

I think I've settled on two new favorite drivers. 1) Ryan Blaney because he can really drive and he's a good ol' boy. He seems like a really down to earth guy and I can't help but love the mullet and facial hair combo. 2) Ross Chastain. Honestly he won me over when he ran the wall at Martinsville last year to get into the Final 4. This is a driver who does whatever he has to do to win or get the best position possible. Ross is 30, but he's with a young scrappy team (Trackhouse) and he's a scrappy driver, what's not to love?

this could prove interesting for those into this kind of thing.

First 23XI retains Kurt Busch as a "Coach" of sorts, now Legacy hires Matt Kenseth as "Competition Advisor". Is this a new trend, or am I just noticing? By all accounts Kurt has been an asset to 23XI this season, is this Legacy following the same strategy? Bringing in a past great to coach up the current players happens in other sports, so is this new to NASCAR or just more public?

First 23XI retains Kurt Busch as a "Coach" of sorts, now Legacy hires Matt Kenseth as "Competition Advisor". Is this a new trend, or am I just noticing? By all accounts Kurt has been an asset to 23XI this season, is this Legacy following the same strategy? Bringing in a past great to coach up the current players happens in other sports, so is this new to NASCAR or just more public?

Not necessarily. Even though he has a lot more responsibilities there, I’m pretty sure Jeff Gordon has done the same for HMS drivers for a while now.

How is Richard Petty not above them when he raced 50+ races a year? Was it just that many more short tracks back then?
Good question. I know they cherry picked the races they went to in the early days, but still, he had a long run of full seasons later.

How is Richard Petty not above them when he raced 50+ races a year? Was it just that many more short tracks back then?
a] More short tracks
b] Shorter race distances

The Bowman Gray events were 50 and 62.5 miles in length respectively: Hickory was 90.75. Islip is the shortest track to ever hold an event at 0.2 miles in length: the Cup race there was then a scheduled 60 miles. The 2000s with all the 1.5s really warped the figures since the races there were pretty much exclusively 400 or 500 mile affairs. Takes a lot of Bowman Gray races to match!

NASCAR changed the penalties for lost wheels ahead of this season.
The four-race suspension for the two crew members was reduced to only two races. The crew chief is no longer penalized for lost wheels.

If a wheel comes off on pit road under caution, the driver will restart at the rear of the field.

If a wheel comes off on pit road while under green-flag conditions, the driver will serve a pass-through penalty.

If a wheel comes off on the track, the driver will serve a two-lap penalty.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nascar/news/nascar-penalizes-54-team-for-las-vegas-infraction

I am trying the product of Kyle Busch's primary sponsor, 3CHI. I can say with confidence that it is pretty good! I recommend it to people in states whose laws are more restrictive than where I live (such as TX, where I am for the USGP).

Back
Top Bottom