Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Something seems fishy here.
1691074286756.png

I guess the late 80s and early 90s really hurt Petty's stats, still extremely surprised that he had less than 400 lead lap finishes in over 1100 starts. Not a stat you would expect from the king.

Petty also raced in an era where it wasn't uncommon for a guy to win a race by a lap or multiple laps. He has a lot of seasons where his top 5s outnumber his lead lap finishes.

This seems like some egregious Jeffrey Earnhardt erasure. There's already a fourth generation Earnhardt and he almost took that #3 back to victory lane at Talladega.
And Bobby Dale erasure...which kinda makes sense

By the time you get to a fourth generation from Ralph, there are going to be multiple racers. Dale Jr. isn't the only third generation one.

I would pay for a streaming tier that included a full back catalog of races. It would be nice to just be able to pop on any old random race.

If you dig around, it looks like an almost full back catalog….

NASCAR, forget what I said about paying but please give me a Roku app for this.

Kind of.

The quality is spotty at best because they were ripped from VHS recordings. Having an official NASCAR uploaded product from the original master tapes is a far better option.

Agreed that most pre 2007 races are pretty bad quality, but post 2007 are all high def.

You can watch most races from the early 2000's on for free on YouTube.
You will find almost all races from the Top 3 series from the 90s onwards on YouTube and even some from the 80s.
As great as this looks right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is turned into a service you have to pay for and classic races will be deleted from YouTube similar to old F1 and MotoGP races.

You will find almost all races from the Top 3 series from the 90s onwards on YouTube and even some from the 80s.
As great as this looks right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is turned into a service you have to pay for and classic races will be deleted from YouTube similar to old F1 and MotoGP races.
Why would they put it all out there for free, and why haven't they pulled copyright violations for all these years they have let other parties show complete races on the Youtube? Try making a Nascar shirt or a private diecast or a slotcar to produce and sell and they will be on you right now. Got to pay the vig before any of that happens.

Some of them are in such ****** quality that they’re unwatchable. I watched a couple of races on the NASCAR Classics YouTube channels and it was amazing. I would 100% pay for that kind of service.

I think I know how to make the NASCAR Championship more palatable to NASCAR fans. It won't make them fall in love with it, but it'll help.

1) Get rid of the Round of 16. Honestly, when was the last time a true Championship contender has been eliminated in the Round of 16? All The Round of 16 does is eliminate the drivers that didn't have a shot in the first place.

2) So you start with the Round of 12. However, you don't get rid of the races that were in the round of 16. No, what you do is move them to the Championship Round of 4. That way you have 4 races to decide who wins the Championship instead of one race. This will allow a Roadcourse, Superspeedway, 1.5 mile Tri-oval, a short track and one of the oddly configured track like Darlington or Pocono. I think a lot of people just don't like the idea of the championship battle forced to be decided in one race. Like, if it happens naturally, that's great. Other than that...

There isn’t a format that is palatable to NASCAR fans. People bitched about the full season format too.

Speaking of bitching…

Must be a slow news week because the “influencers” are bitching about the Next Gen car again.

It's been at least a month or two around here since a WE need to fix Nascar thread rolls around.

There isn’t a format that is palatable to NASCAR fans. People bitched about the full season format too.

Speaking of bitching…

Must be a slow news week because the “influencers” are bitching about the Next Gen car again.

Idk if you actually watched the video. Darian is offering a differenciating view of the NextGen car and makes clear that there are good and bad things about these technical regulations.
What's the problem with folks sharing their thoughts about how to make the racing product better?

Idk if you actually watched the video. Darian is offering a differenciating view of the NextGen car and makes clear that there are good and bad things about these technical regulations.
What's the problem with folks sharing their thoughts about how to make the racing product better?
1. It's counterproductive
2. It accomplishes nothing (but in his case it gets clicks.)
3. trolls get to troll. Of course trolls troll everything anyway so that's a push.
4. The average fan doesn't have a clue about how many things needs to be considered when making changes and the ripple effect it has in other areas.. Nascar has made plenty of changes trying to improve the car using their best thinking by some sharp people. So far none of them have improved the car in the areas they have been working in. Their successes have been in the safety areas so far.
5. Fans are fickle at best. The COTA road race was a well received race by the fandom. There wasn't any "fix the car" after that road race. But let a race or two run single file and here they go, BURN THE CAR.

That said, It's been a month or two so bring it on lol.

Back
Top Bottom