Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Put your teeth in your pocketbook Grandma, it's going to be a rough one! :XXROFL:

I am glad I got to meet and talk to Ken at the Daytona July 2017 race. Pleasant and nice gentleman.

20170630_152249_resized.jpg

Saw the track on marketplace, made a meme for a Facebook group...but mostly that doesn't even look like Richard Petty, even in his pre-mustache years.
ZomboDroid_14112023032348.jpg

What's surprising about 'Highest Crash Rate' is that neither Rick Ware car is there.
In my experience in dealing with crash statistics it's usually fast cars that crash. RWR teams are just slow.

Seeing the Las Vegas Grand Prix really makes me wish NASCAR would treat every race like an event again, which seems to have been lost in the Playoff era.

We need to go back to first practice ---> Qualifying ---> Final Practice ---> Race on TV or streaming for Xfinity and Cup with Trackside on Friday nights and then NASCAR RaceDay live from the track on Sunday mornings.

15-20 years ago every race felt like an event because there was so much broadcast from the track. It also made you feel like you had to be there to experience it all, which got me excited about attending races.

We need to go back to first practice ---> Qualifying ---> Final Practice ---> Race on TV or streaming for Xfinity and Cup with Trackside on Friday nights and then NASCAR RaceDay live from the track on Sunday mornings.

15-20 years ago every race felt like an event because there was so much broadcast from the track. It also made you feel like you had to be there to experience it all, which got me excited about attending races.
And acrtually promote the races in market

I really miss Cup racing. Already, last year I was ready for a break from racing and here, this year exact opposite. It’s going to be a long off-season, feels longer than normal. I hate they end the season two weeks earlier now, last race was thanksgiving week then holidays flew by and before you knew it was Rolex 24 time.

As critical of NASCAR as I can be, I think it will be in good hands when Ben Kennedy takes over the sport. I see a lot of his grandfather in him. The ambitious visionary that took NASCAR from being a regional Southern sport into a national pheonomenon

I really miss Cup racing. Already, last year I was ready for a break from racing and here, this year exact opposite. It’s going to be a long off-season, feels longer than normal. I hate they end the season two weeks earlier now, last race was thanksgiving week then holidays flew by and before you knew it was Rolex 24 time.
Amen to that. They should have a few more off weeks in the summer and run the extra 2 weeks. Used to love watching right up until Thanksgiving. That said, I was ready for a break THIS particular season. NASCAR has a lot of work to do with their short-track package. Most of them were snoozefests. I was at Richmond in and it was painful to watch. There was some good racing though - Kansas might have been one of the best races I watched in my 30+ years as a fan.

Amen to that. They should have a few more off weeks in the summer and run the extra 2 weeks. Used to love watching right up until Thanksgiving. That said, I was ready for a break THIS particular season. NASCAR has a lot of work to do with their short-track package. Most of them were snoozefests. I was at Richmond in and it was painful to watch. There was some good racing though - Kansas might have been one of the best races I watched in my 30+ years as a fan.
All of the 1.5's were really good, in fact since the Next Gen has come out I've particularly enjoyed the 1.5 mile tracks. Road Courses I find a bit overrated and I'm hoping they figure out the short track package for these cars, I think they'll put on a show with these car's bodies being a bit more durable than the previous gen ones.

Back
Top Bottom