Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Never mind that.

Dodge didn't submit a request at all and they'll be at Daytona in February. I read that here on numerous occasions.
All of the rumors I heard must have either been elaborated, or they were shut down. I've heard that Dodge was waiting until a new body style Challenger comes out, and that is due for the 2021 model year. So if they come back, it won't be for another couple of years. It makes sense to me that if they were serious, they would come back in the Trucks before any other series. They had a hell of an opportunity to come back racing the new body style Ram 1500, but they didn't. I used to believe they were coming back, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I know you guys are having fun poking at Robert, but he is a really good guy. I've got to know him pretty well, and he's probably the biggest Petty fan I've ever met. He was just reciting the rumors he had been told. He was really excited for a possible Dodge return. I got caught up in that excitement myself.

I know you guys are having fun poking at Robert, but he is a really good guy. I've got to know him pretty well, and he's probably the biggest Petty fan I've ever met. He was just reciting the rumors he had been told. He was really excited for a possible Dodge return. I got caught up in that excitement myself.
I think we'd have all been excited about Dodge returning, but the only 'evidence' we saw here was Robert's insistance. As I recall, he was unable to provide any supporting links or evidence. That made it tough to take him seriously on the topic, and it was just about the only topic I recall him posting on.

I know plenty of great guys in IT who insist every January that this is the year the Linux operating system finally exceeds a 5% share of installed desktop operating systems. They've been getting it wrong a lot longer than Robert did.

I think we'd have all been excited about Dodge returning, but the only 'evidence' we saw here was Robert's insistance. As I recall, he was unable to provide any supporting links or evidence. That made it tough to take him seriously on the topic, and it was just about the only topic I recall him posting on.

I know plenty of great guys in IT who insist every January that this is the year the Linux operating system finally exceeds a 5% share of installed desktop operating systems. They've been getting it wrong a lot longer than Robert did.
I understand that. A lot of the things that he had heard lined up with the rumors I have heard from a source that I personally know. He is very reluctant to speak about his sources, which is understandable. As I said previously, all those rumors have yet to/maybe never will, come true.

Last edited:

I'm not trying to tear him down. I appreciated him sharing his info regardless of what happened with the rumors being accurate or not. I know he was excited about the possibility of it happening, and I still hope it does.

Problem is IMO, car makers don't dispel rumors, IMO I think some of them start them, and you are not going to get anything out of Nascar either. It is to all of their benefit to dance around the truth. Sorry Robert got caught up in the B.S., hope he learned something from it.

Problem is IMO, car makers don't dispel rumors, IMO I think some of them start them, and you are not going to get anything out of Nascar either. It is to all of their benefit to dance around the truth. Sorry Robert got caught up in the B.S., hope he learned something from it.
I still think there is a chance that it happens. I know for a fact that they've been in talks with NASCAR to come back. And allenbaba also said that Dodge was testing with RCR. It was also said that Dodge was working on updating the NASCAR engine at Auburn Hills. All of that may have been shut off and walked away from. But some stuff was happening to support at least an interest in returning to the sport. I would love to see Dodge and another manufacturer come in. I think it would be very interesting if we had 5 manufacturers.

Poor chad could have 10 titles if NASCAR did not screw him and the team. No matter what anyone says there is still only one way to drive to car on ovals and Jimmie and Dale mastered it.

5 to 7 years? That's not that long tbh, it will fly by like nothing. Seems like Chad still has plenty of fire left in him for the time being.
I think the biggest question he has to wrestle with is does he leave the pit box when Johnson retires, or try to recreate their magic with another driver.

I agree. If he isn't in the top 8 this could be the end.
#48 becomes the #9

HMS drops to 3 cars until Chevy is back on top.

IndyCar drivers look all hunched over in the seat. NASCAR drivers look cool in there seat !

You'd hunch down too if you had a chance to be decapitated

Admittedly, I am assuming he leaves before Knaus. Do you think Johnson will stick around another 5+ years? I doubt that he does. I think he has other stuff he wants to pursue. He doesn't really have a lot left to prove on the track.
Good point, especially if the #48 keeps running like it did this weekend. Sheesh.

IndyCar drivers look all hunched over in the seat. NASCAR drivers look cool in there seat !
They're not hunched down, they're sitting literally just a few inches above ground level. There's probably less than half a foot between their butts and the ground. Fortunately, there's a reinforced ****pit / 'bathtub' under them.

I still think there is a chance that it happens. I know for a fact that they've been in talks with NASCAR to come back. And allenbaba also said that Dodge was testing with RCR. It was also said that Dodge was working on updating the NASCAR engine at Auburn Hills. All of that may have been shut off and walked away from. But some stuff was happening to support at least an interest in returning to the sport. I would love to see Dodge and another manufacturer come in. I think it would be very interesting if we had 5 manufacturers.
From my source at FCA, they want to return, or would like to if , but wanting too and actually doing it are two different things, I bet there is truth behind them "wanting" to return, but that may be all it ever was , time will only tell. This is what I was told, they wont return if they cant be with a top tier team. That all that worth what's worth, and it could be worth nothing.

Disclaimer, I am not saying FCA will return to NASCAR with the Dodge brand.

Something has to change on the 41, I can't see Kurt being happy with all his team mates being better.

Admittedly, I am assuming he leaves before Knaus. Do you think Johnson will stick around another 5+ years? I doubt that he does. I think he has other stuff he wants to pursue. He doesn't really have a lot left to prove on the track.
No, Jimmie's contract runs thru 2020 , I would be shocked if 2020 is not JJ's farewell tour.

All I can say is, I hope that Chad heads over to the TV side when he hangs up his CC headset, I really enjoy what he brings to Racehub when he is on.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom