Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Voting opens for Most Popular Driver Award program

The polls are now open will remain open until noon ET on Nov. 27. Vote at the link listed below — or bookmark https://www.nascar.com/mostpopulardriver — early and often. Fans can submit one vote per day. A vote shared on Facebook and/or Twitter will count as double, so be sure to jump on social media, let your friends know who you are voting for and use #MostPopularDriver.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/09/05/voting-opens-popular-driver-award-program/

Voting opens for Most Popular Driver Award program

The polls are now open will remain open until noon ET on Nov. 27. Vote at the link listed below — or bookmark https://www.nascar.com/mostpopulardriver — early and often. Fans can submit one vote per day. A vote shared on Facebook and/or Twitter will count as double, so be sure to jump on social media, let your friends know who you are voting for and use #MostPopularDriver.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/09/05/voting-opens-popular-driver-award-program/

It must be so hard to drive a loose car with worn tires. It is much harder then throwing a football

RIP, Mr. Ace.

Yeah. :( I posted the news article in the Entertainment forum.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
“Stroker Ace was born to race” Much respect to you Burt Reynolds. RIP

DmbvVB8X0AEcuc5.jpg

3:10 PM - 6 Sep 2018

Anyone have some extra racing stickers? --- I've dug a couple out of my closet and will send them.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/08/20/dying-boy-asks-for-racing-stickers-to-cover-casket.html
Sad news about the young man wanting the stickers. :(
Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
Many in @IMS racing in honor and memory of Caleb Hammond today. #TeamCaleb #RIP

Dmu-F12VsAEjgwD.jpg

Some teams are running a #TeamCaleb sticker on the car today.

Okay, I still hate the Playoffs with a burning passion, It's stupid, and asinine, that one bad race can essentially render the other 35 pointless, you could be having an absolute monster smash of a season, rivaling Jeff Gordon's 1998 13 win season, crash at Homestead, and STILL lose the Championship. That's utterly retarded. And before any jackwhacker here brings up stick and ball sports, in the NFL, you don't have all 32 teams competing on the same field every week. Indycar has a traditional points format, and they are looking at having one of the most exciting points battles in their series history, as 4 drivers have a mathematical chance at the Championship, entering the final race of their season. Also, before you start, there's no fundamental difference between race 1 and race 36, they both pay the same amount of points, unlike in the NFL.

Okay, I still hate the Playoffs with a burning passion, It's stupid, and asinine, that one bad race can essentially render the other 35 pointless, you could be having an absolute monster smash of a season, rivaling Jeff Gordon's 1998 13 win season, crash at Homestead, and STILL lose the Championship. That's utterly retarded. And before any jackwhacker here brings up stick and ball sports, in the NFL, you don't have all 32 teams competing on the same field every week. Indycar has a traditional points format, and they are looking at having one of the most exciting points battles in their series history, as 4 drivers have a mathematical chance at the Championship, entering the final race of their season. Also, before you start, there's no fundamental difference between race 1 and race 36, they both pay the same amount of points, unlike in the NFL.

Just to play devil's advocate, I hope you are celebrating Kyle Busch's regular season win today! I assume you won't be watching the rest of the season either.

I'm not a fan of the current playoff format and would like to see some changes, but I think it provides us something to talk about. I'm also not a fan of the stages, but think it helps at certain tracks and hurts at others. The idea that each race has to follow the same format is not accurate anymore. All of this is a moot point if they decide to implement the ASR package next year, because I'm pretty sure most of us won't last much longer.

I assume you won't be watching the rest of the season either.
I've never understood how one person's dislike of the playoffs can lead another to the conclude the first one won't be watching the races. It's easy to watch the individual races and ignore the playoff implications; I've been doing it for 15 years. It's especially easy if one knows how to use the 'Mute' button.

Mute button ? Yesterday was extremely hard not to. What clueless person thinks race fans want to listen to a group of grown men sound off like a bunch of preteen girls. I was hoping Junior would have some influence over Burton and Letarte but it sounds like he has become one of them.

Well, I like announcers that sound like they enjoy what they're watching, but they definitely could have dialed it back from '11'. Maybe install restrictor plates on them during pre-race?

I'm glad the NBC graphics team was able to gratify its obsession with telling us which announcer was in each corner.

Mute button ? Yesterday was extremely hard not to. What clueless person thinks race fans want to listen to a group of grown men sound off like a bunch of preteen girls. I was hoping Junior would have some influence over Burton and Letarte but it sounds like he has become one of them.
Watched about 15 minutes before hitting mute. Not only are the voices annoying but a good amount of the time inaudible for me. I have tried different setups with tv and external speakers with no luck. But I don't feel like I am missing anything based on most of the comments I read.

Watched about 15 minutes before hitting mute. Not only are the voices annoying but a good amount of the time inaudible for me. I have tried different setups with tv and external speakers with no luck. But I don't feel like I am missing anything based on most of the comments I read.
I have to use headphones with the TV muted so my wife can't hear. You didn't miss anything and Burton did repeat the same comment 7 times.:D

Someone (maybe multiple someones) is drawing a paycheck to come up with this.

I wonder how long they worked on Truex's.

So not only are these godawful emojis going to be on the playoff cars(race win and championship diecasts be damned).... Every non-playoff car is going to have giant twitter logos with #nascarplayoffs on them.
A0F3B36E-BF4A-4EDA-B888-C092D1978744.jpeg

The emojis are fine, but don’t **** with the cars. God.

So not only are these godawful emojis going to be on the playoff cars(race win and championship diecasts be damned).... Every non-playoff car is going to have giant twitter logos with #nascarplayoffs on them.
View attachment 36125

The emojis are fine, but don’t **** with the cars. God.
I dont even know what to say that is so stupid looking and I am going to make sure I tell the poor SOB that has to read the fan council stuff that.

If they are trying to fill that space back up, maybe use go back to the what was working perfectly since 1948, contingency decals, geebus, start with the Busch Pole Award decal.

Another thing that NASCAR fixed that wasnt broke( far as I am aware)
/End opinion rant

Self-imposed moratorium across a few different platforms so I could lock myself up and cram for the last section of the CPA exam. Found out yesterday I passed the last two sections so I'm done with that thankfully. I've been generally busier at work too so I haven't even been able to ****post during the day and still have a few races on the DVR but the hard stuff is out of the way.

I think I saved a few brain cells avoiding Twitter and reddit too.

Back
Top Bottom