real race cars on track in two weeks

acmerocket

Team Owner
just read on jayski that there maybe nascar racing in is little is 2 weeks,no fans for the first 4 to 5 weeks, cool hope it happens.

funny.when i first read it.it said cars on track in two weeks,and no fan for 4-5 weeks. now the part about in two weeks is not there. crazy!!!!

funny.when i first read it.it said cars on track in two weeks,and no fan for 4-5 weeks. now the part about in two weeks is not there. crazy!!!!
I don't doubt it. I just heard on the local news the Governor said they were going to start opening up Oklahoma the first of the month. Then the Mayor of Tulsa says the middle or end of next month. :idunno: It could all change.

It will definitely be exciting when it's safe enough and they do get cars back on the track racing again. I'm anxious to see how many more wins the 88 will get this year. :D

Jeff Gluck on The Athletic reported over the weekend that NASCAR was talking to the governor of North Carolina to allow race shops to be open so teams could get back to work. And they have talked to Florida's governor about running the Homestead race possibly on May 16.

Will they run with fewer crew members? A throwback idea would be to run a race with the typical number of crew members used decades ago.

Will they run with fewer crew members? A throwback idea would be to run a race with the typical number of crew members used decades ago.

If they're worried about that take away live pit stops. You could do the whole thing with what 2 or 3 guys total. I mean how many you need? Crew chief, jack man and 1 tire changer

I look for them try to get the postponed races in first, First Homestead and then see where the other states stand on relaxing executive orders then get in Atlanta, Bristol, Talladega then make a run over to Texas then maybe come back and do Dover then Richmond and Martinsville . Obviously this will involve some midweek or week night races. I dont see any practices taking place, only qualifying and the race with no live pitstops. At the track they may not use the garage areas for everyone so they can skip a stall going by points and the unlucky ones left out will have to pit in another designated outside area. I doubt each team will have over 5 members each.

I wonder what plans are in the works to establish testing protocols?

I wasn't thinking about bump steer.

Coronavirus testing of everyone at the racetrack every day. That testing. Without it, we'll lose some people.

I look for them try to get the postponed races in first, First Homestead and then see where the other states stand on relaxing executive orders then get in Atlanta, Bristol, Talladega then make a run over to Texas then maybe come back and do Dover then Richmond and Martinsville . Obviously this will involve some midweek or week night races. I dont see any practices taking place, only qualifying and the race with no live pitstops. At the track they may not use the garage areas for everyone so they can skip a stall going by points and the unlucky ones left out will have to pit in another designated outside area. I doubt each team will have over 5 members each.
I heard somewhere that they were looking at Homestead because they already had the cars ready to go there. If nothing else, that makes sense.

I heard somewhere that they were looking at Homestead because they already had the cars ready to go there. If nothing else, that makes sense.
Looks like Georgia,Florida,Alabama and Texas and possibly NC will be in play by Mid may so maybe they will go back to the old schedule order and start over then see whats opening after that. Def gonna be some doubling up

Looks like Georgia,Florida,Alabama and Texas and possibly NC will be in play by Mid may so maybe they will go back to the old schedule order and start over then see whats opening after that. Def gonna be some doubling up

We'll be lucky in North Carolina if we're able to have sporting events by Memorial Day Weekend.

It's not NASCAR, so its a bit off topic, but it is real race cars on track THIS WEEKEND (April 25) at Park Jefferson Speedway in South Dakota. Limited to 32 410 sprint cars and 32 IMCA modifieds. A lot of big sprint car names entered and a couple of familiar names in the modifieds (Kenny Wallace and Schrader).
All 700 spectator tickets already sold out. Live Pay per view available on Speed Shift TV.

I didnt see that anywhere with a date.
IMG_20200420_212008.jpg

It's not NASCAR, so its a bit off topic, but it is real race cars on track THIS WEEKEND (April 25) at Park Jefferson Speedway in South Dakota. Limited to 32 410 sprint cars and 32 IMCA modifieds. A lot of big sprint car names entered and a couple of familiar names in the modifieds (Kenny Wallace and Schrader).
All 700 spectator tickets already sold out. Live Pay per view available on Speed Shift TV.
Someone ran a race on a track that I think was dug into someone's back yard in Pa last weekend for the occasion, 8 4 cylinders ran a 39 lap race, spectators had to watch from their cars

Someone ran a race on a track that I think was dug into someone's back yard in Pa last weekend for the occasion, 8 4 cylinders ran a 39 lap race, spectators had to watch from their cars

I can dig a circle in my backyard and put a couple of junk cars on it and call it race... doesn’t really mean anything
No need for government approval if its just some friends getting together and not a real event..
SD race is a legit big sprint car race... it’s no WoO show but has a ton of big names

I drove by that speedway last Sunday. It didn't look like a race but there were cars out on the track with several more race cars and trailers in the parking lot.

I heard track in North Carolina was having a race this past Sat. night until law enforcement shut them down. I talked to someone who lives near the track and said they could hear the cars running, but they have been opening for cars to practice their for several weeks so it could have just been a practice session.

I heard track in North Carolina was having a race this past Sat. night until law enforcement shut them down. I talked to someone who lives near the track and said they could hear the cars running, but they have been opening for cars to practice their for several weeks so it could have just been a practice session.
Just that quick our constitutional rights are taken away..makes one wonder if we had any rights in the first place. Sad state of affairs when you can't loosely assemble outside.

S.Dakota Governor has stonewalled as much as possible from jumping the shark. Kudos to her for for keeping her head while others were loosing theirs.

Testing is allowed, but they might've had too many people testing.

I'm actually afraid of what this is going to do to dirt racing. Those drivers are getting their first whiff of that testing culture, and once you open the door to unlimited testing, you can't close it. It's asphalt racing's biggest problem and it's probably going to run a lot of small guys out of dirt racing.

Why would Darlington be run in May when their race is not until September. That disqualifies the rumor for me.

I think we'll see Homestead on May 16, the Coke 600 on May 24, then some shuffling with states not willing to allow it being replaced with PPD races and others thrown in on Wednesday night. Looks like they're going to do a lot of one-day shows - qualify and race on Sunday, no practices.

I'm actually afraid of what this is going to do to dirt racing. Those drivers are getting their first whiff of that testing culture, and once you open the door to unlimited testing, you can't close it. It's asphalt racing's biggest problem and it's probably going to run a lot of small guys out of dirt racing.

I'm not a dirt racer, but you wouldn't think testing provides near as much as an advantage on dirt that it does on asphalt. I mean a dirt track is constantly changing, even throughout a race, while a asphalt track for the most part remains fairly consistent (compared to dirt).

I'm not a dirt racer, but you wouldn't think testing provides near as much as an advantage on dirt that it does on asphalt. I mean a dirt track is constantly changing, even throughout a race, while a asphalt track for the most part remains fairly consistent (compared to dirt).

I mean I'm a sprint car guy, but the little I know about dirt late models is they could absolutely spend a fortune on chassis and suspension setups if given the time.

I imagine it gives you a good baseline setup though, whereas right now, you just show up to the track with what you've got and all you get before the race itself is five hot laps, maybe two qualifying laps, and maybe a heat race.

I mean I'm a sprint car guy, but the little I know about dirt late models is they could absolutely spend a fortune on chassis and suspension setups if given the time.
Especially since I'm sure we got here by wild testing
IMG_7438-2-scaled-e1577489612327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom