real race cars on track in two weeks

Not a fan of the no live pit stops. That REALLY bastardizes the races.
We apologize for not meeting YOUR standards during this National crisis. Men and women will travel and put themselves at risk for the Nations entertainment and for a few hours to make us feel normal

Fans been pleading for mid-week races for years, me included. I hope the TV audiences show up. I think they will. This plan of racing 2 X per week is a smart move to fill the void of live sports.

Hope it all works out. It's certainly not risk free. I'd hate to see the PR hit Nascar would take if a lot of COVID cases pop up in the garage area.
Hope they run primetime. Everybody has lights

With how strict Virginia’s governor has been, I’m surprised to see martinsville..
I hope that Nascar can run in front of fans by bristol.
They would have already had a handful of races in at that point, Tennessee is re-opening a lot of things , even some of the tourist dinner shows in pigeon forge are supposed to re-open on May 9, and there is plenty of room to spread out at Bristol, especially on a weekday

We apologize for not meeting YOUR standards during this National crisis. Men and women will travel and put themselves at risk for the Nations entertainment and for a few hours to make us feel normal

They're at no more at risk than any of the other people that have to be there.

The less the better, where you been?

Going to work every day in a building with 20 other people. I'd rather bring in the pit crew and have some of the OTHER guys stay home. Let the crew chief and the car chief work on the car. The pit stops are too much of the "sport" to be excluded. Hell, we can't even have a Busch Clash without throwing in several.

Going to work every day in a building with 20 other people. I'd rather bring in the pit crew and have some of the OTHER guys stay home. Let the crew chief and the car chief work on the car. The pit stops are too much of the "sport" to be excluded. Hell, we can't even have a Busch Clash without throwing in several.
Well they might still do the pit stops but IF they dont I'll understand.

I guess my point is if you change the nature of the competition too much, when does it cease to be competition? Should we have the NBA come back with two on two games, no close guarding, and have the games count towards the NBA title? My opinion would be no. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

To me the notion of not having regular pit stops is just virtue signaling. These guys have enough sense to maintain some distancing. Tough or brushed against each other? Whoope. Get the gloves off and wash/sanitize before touching your face. Also stay in the sun & place used gloves in sunlight. Recent lab tests determined that full sunlight will kill this virus within 3 minutes or less. If they are concerned about coughs wear an approved mask.

I’m thrilled we’re getting back to actual on track action. NASCAR will be the first and only sport available, which could help grab new fans.

I guess my point is if you change the nature of the competition too much, when does it cease to be competition? Should we have the NBA come back with two on two games, no close guarding, and have the games count towards the NBA title? My opinion would be no. Either do it right or don't do it at all.
Your comparison of the NBA and NASCAR is apples and Oranges. If these NASCAR teams are gonna survive and get their quarterly sponsorship checks they have to race otherwise they can file for bankruptcy. The bottom line is when on the track it will be no different 36-40 cars, your 2 on 2 analogy doesnt hold up.

Not the same at all. Think about how we have been advised to remain in small groups and how we have been told that it is best to keep a distance, then think about the clusters of pit crews out on pit road whenever it is time for the drivers to come in, and you will see the logic behind this decision.

If you’re still an avid follower of NASCAR at this point it’s pretty safe to say you’ve either welcomed accepted or at least come to terms with and tolerated the many more wholesale competition format changes management has made in the name of entertainment. I’m sure we can soldier on without live pit stops for a little while for safety reasons - if it does come to that.

We are getting racing back in less than a month, actual racing while there are no other sports on TV and some still find a reason to complain. Some of you are a tough bunch to please. I’ll be happy there will be an actual sport back on TV, twice a week at that instead of watching a race from the 80’s or 90’s.

Not the same at all. Think about how we have been advised to remain in small groups and how we have been told that it is best to keep a distance, then think about the clusters of pit crews out on pit road whenever it is time for the drivers to come in, and you will see the logic behind this decision.

The point is that you are fundamentally changing the the nature of the competition. I would rather have no races at all then some half-assed version of it. As I pointed out, there are plenty of other people you could leave at home.

I think people don’t care anymore personally. Everyone is kinda desensitized to all of this and it’s deadliness compared to where we were in March

Reactions: Pat
The point is that you are fundamentally changing the the nature of the competition. I would rather have no races at all then some half-assed version of it. As I pointed out, there are plenty of other people you could leave at home.
For me pit stops used to be quite exciting. When attending a race I tried to get a good view of pit road. When watching on TV, I always watched them. But over the years I have lost my enthusiasm for pit stops. When attending I do still try to get a view, but when on TV I rarely watch them. That's time for me to go get another beer and popcorn.

I'm pretty sure if they do have non-competitive cautions, that it will be this year only. How much trouble can it be for crewmen to put a mask on under the helmets?

For me pit stops used to be quite exciting. When attending a race I tried to get a good view of pit road. When watching on TV, I always watched them. But over the years I have lost my enthusiasm for pit stops. When attending I do still try to get a view, but when on TV I rarely watch them. That's time for me to go get another beer and popcorn.

Whether you watch them or enjoy them or not, they play a VERY BIG role in who wins or loses the races. They are just too important to eliminate. Try to envision how last year's finale plays out without live pit stops.

Looks like we’ll be getting some official news, with word on other national series as well. Eight races in eleven days - wow.

I dunno if I have that much room on the VCR.

Gods, if NASCAR can't pull viewers when it has the sports airwaves to itself, somebody in Daytona should be staked out on the beach about three feet below the tide line.

I am legit excited for the Weds races, I hope they are night races so I can watch them when I come home from work, fire up the grill and have some sense of normalcy.

I'm going to have to do some mutitasking if so, I got wrestling on Wed Night, but damn if I can get some NASCAR. I'll be so happy. I need it, I miss it.

I'm going to have to do some mutitasking if so, I got wrestling on Wed Night, but damn if I can get some NASCAR. I'll be so happy. I need it, I miss it.
I'm 3 episodes behind on AEW and am in no way motivated to catch up, w/o fans its just really really demoralizing. The racing will have priority for me for sure.

I dunno if I have that much room on the VCR.

Gods, if NASCAR can't pull viewers when it has the sports airwaves to itself, somebody in Daytona should be staked out on the beach about three feet below the tide line.
Charlotte Motor Speedway looks like the place to be, all that racing and we cant attend. Sad face.... cant wait for it to be on! and I hope you're serious about still using a VCR lmao thats awesome.

I'm 3 episodes behind on AEW and am in no way motivated to catch up, w/o fans its just really really demoralizing. The racing will have priority for me for sure.

It is a bit weird, but hell I'm so damn invested into it, and they are doing a little better job than WWE with the no fans, since they put wrestlers out there. But thankfully I got Dish, I can pull one up on my laptop(probably AEW) and have the race up on the TV to focus on it more. :beerbang:

but I do suggest trying your best to get caught up, some pretty good stuff the last few weeks, surely with Jericho on commentary

It is a bit weird, but hell I'm so damn invested into it, and they are doing a little better job than WWE with the no fans, since they put wrestlers out there. But thankfully I got Dish, I can pull one up on my laptop(probably AEW) and have the race up on the TV to focus on it more. :beerbang:

but I do suggest trying your best to get caught up, some pretty good stuff the last few weeks, surely with Jericho on commentary
I need to get caught up on the TV Title/TNT Title tournament. I'll try to get home early and binge 6 hours lmao.

Whether you watch them or enjoy them or not, they play a VERY BIG role in who wins or loses the races. They are just too important to eliminate. Try to envision how last year's finale plays out without live pit stops.
The truck series ran a lot of races without them. Everyone somehow survived.

Pandemics have the capacity to change the way things are done. Adapt.

The truck series ran a lot of races without them. Everyone somehow survived.

Pandemics have the capacity to change the way things are done. Adapt.
This can also apply to real life business situations, many of us on here are probably adapting in terms of work or how we make money to put food on the table. Sports like racing shouldnt be any different. I am just happy they're back to race.

We are getting racing back in less than a month, actual racing while there are no other sports on TV and some still find a reason to complain. Some of you are a tough bunch to please. I’ll be happy there will be an actual sport back on TV, twice a week at that instead of watching a race from the 80’s or 90’s.
How dare you leave out the 2000's sir ;). Found a reason :cheers: :D

Back
Top Bottom