Red Flag thread

Last win for the #43 was John Andretti coming from a lap down to win at Martinsville in 1999.

Yes, they took 2 tires on the last pit stop and held the track position gained to win.

The year before the 24 team did the same thing and Jack Roush pooped his pants over it saying the 24 team were using soaked tires... because no one could hold the track position gained with 2 tires at M'ville.

#tiregate

Looks like amateur hour out there today. I've seen hobby stock races with less wrecks

Reactions: sdj
Says the dude that was complaining along with plenty of others about the invisible debris earlier. LOL.
That was an obvious most popular driver debris. He's complained about plate racing since last week. If he hates it so much, why watch?

Are they gonna let guys work under this red too?

This race is gonna get called. Radar is horrendous

It's only a little after 2pm in Daytona. No way they are calling this race so early in the afternoon.

Aric Almirola was not quite 4 months old when Petty got win #200 at Daytona. So I guess he doesn't remember. ;)

In the Big Dawg game there are only 3 drivers left on the lead lap eligible for the bonus. 24 88 22 and the 22 is wounded. Does it have to be a win TRL or best position?

Looks like amateur hour out there today. I've seen hobby stock races with less wrecks

Thing is - from what I've seen - each incident happened in the worst possible place for car carnage. Lotsa times they get away with it with just a 2 or 3 car deal....not today.

Absolutely sucks that this race is likely over...but at least a good guy like Almirola would get to enjoy victory lane for once.

weird - it's only raining in spots on the track area - but where it is raining it's pouring.

That was an obvious most popular driver debris. He's complained about plate racing since last week. If he hates it so much, why watch?
You have been real quick to jump on other people about the no complaining rule today, and I'm just pointing out the fact that the rules apply to everyone here. If you and others are allowed to complain about the debris cautions, Wingnut should be allowed to complain about the crashes.

I personally think we should all just relax and have at it, but that isn't my call to make.

NASCAR VP Steve O'Donnell reporting that frontstretch is dry. Working on backstretch now.

Any summer afternoon in Florida is the right time for rain. You've got all that water to the East and West pumping in humidity, add daytime heating and BOOM --- thunderstorms.

hell from Louisiana all the way over to Florida in the summertime, along with 85, 90 % humidity if it isn't raining.

Report: Vickers just witnessed Jamis Winston stealing tires from pit road.
that's how he rolls

9bxjzyM.jpg

I am guessting this one is over. Congrats to Almirola.
NASCAR isn't going to call the race. This track has lights. They'll allow for a restart time w/ an expected finish by at least 11pm ET

That was from Twitter, we shall see if that is correct

Hopefully they'll be able to get back out there and wreck the rest of 'em.

And that WOULD happen. So many guys out there who have by far the best chance they've ever had in making the chase.

Back
Top Bottom