Red Flag thread

Live ARCA racing on CBS Sports Network. Ch 221 on DirecTV. There was a driver first fight on pit road earlier. Haha

Officials reporting heavy rain in turn 2.

Jimmie Johnson says "Points still do matter!" What he should have said is "Points still do matter, except for me." Jimmie will NEVER miss a chase spot for the rest of his career.

Is FL weather always like this in July??

I lived in Miami for a few years, every afternoon like clockwork it rained. I've seen the extreme weirdness of a what they showed on TV, perfectly dry but take one or two steps forward and you're in a downpour.

NASCAR isn't going to call the race. This track has lights. They'll allow for a restart time w/ an expected finish by at least 11pm ET

That was from Twitter, we shall see if that is correct

TV will drop this race soon.

Must be a big party going on in heaven today, the keep flushing their Florida up there.

i don't think they wait to much longer, a lot of hrs have been invested already. don't think we'll go into the night

I've been to several races, but only had to deal with rain once at Bristol several years ago. It's definitely not fun!

Feel kind of sorry for the fans that are holding out hope in the stands.

Mom: "Honey, I think I saw some lightning, maybe we should head for home?"

Dad: "Naw it's gonna clear up, we paid good money for these tickets and the race it's over yet"

Sonny: "Daddy, I want to go home"

Dad: "be quiet and finish your hotdog...I think the sun is about to come out"

This doesn't look good?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404672778.928509.jpg

Feel kind of sorry for the fans that are holding out hope in the stands.

Mom: "Honey, I think I saw some lightning, maybe we should head for home?"

Dad: "Naw it's gonna clear up, we paid good money for these tickets and the race it's over yet"

Sonny: "Daddy, I want to go home"

Dad: "be quiet and finish your hotdog...I think the sun is about to come out"

I'd be exactly like the dad! I'm tight with money, so I'm always going to wait it out until they call the race.

i don't think they wait to much longer, a lot of hrs have been invested already. don't think we'll go into the night

I'll be pissed if they don't wait until the night.

Race looks over, but they have to wait to at least see. Whether is unpredictable.

Stupid is as stupid does. They have the titan and lights. Funny, called just a few minutes before 3 pm.

And now back to our regular scheduled programing.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 3m
HUGE bolt of lightning off the backstretch. Fans sitting in the big metal grandstands might want to reevaluate that choice.
I was at the NHRA Route 66 Nationals two years ago (drag strip next to Chicagoland Speedway) and it was thunderstorming and they made all the fans evacuate the grandstands when lighting was spotted.

I think that was the worst rain delay I've ever seen. It was pouring so hard and rain was pouring through the grandstands that standing under them was getting you as wet as if you were standing out in the open.

All the time! I don't think I'll ever go the the July race in Daytona.

Everything Richard this weekend, now has a car in the chase. this stuff is funny sometimes

Back
Top Bottom