Red Flag thread

Does anyone really think Almirola has a snowballs chance in hell come chase time? Going to be a shame if he takes a slot that a team with much higher numbers but without a win doesn't get in. Right now Vickers, Dillon and Hambone:) have outscored him.
he's deserving to be in it. he's racing by the rules.

...and who knows? Sponsors might pony up some more money with the car in the chase...there may be time to improve some equipment. Stranger things have happened.

I was joking before that Tony might try to buy the ride (which isn't legal in nascar but is at the Indy 500)...but then again...maybe if Tony doesn't make it he will sell a couple cars - cheap.

Does anyone really think Almirola has a snowballs chance in hell come chase time? Going to be a shame if he takes a slot that a team with much higher numbers but without a win doesn't get in. Right now Vickers, Dillon and Hambone:) have outscored him.
won't bother me a bit, going to make the wheel holders win or go home. You really think somebody who hasn't won a race all season, is going to last even the first round of eliminations. They will be awful lucky if they do. Hamlin has a win so he is good to go.

Dadgum right he deserves to be in. He was in position one when the race ended, right???? If there are any more deserving teams they shoulda won one by now. thats how you play this game. I don't buy any BS about they should not be in just because they won.
Sorry for the rant:oops:

Yeah I know. That my point. If stops raining by 5pm, then dry, then restart by 7pmish

It took 3 hours to dry Richmond before the NW race this year, and that's with 16 trucks with Air Titans and 4 jet dryer trucks.
Pretty sure it would take longer than 2 hours to dry Daytona.

I believe I answered your question. Quit trying to bait.
Not trying to bait at all, just trying to find out when you think is the right time. Hell, I just looked at the radar a few minutes ago, and the rain was just clearing out. If 3 is too early, when is the right time?

Not trying to bait at all, just trying to find out when you think is the right time. Hell, I just looked at the radar a few minutes ago, and the rain was just clearing out. If 3 is too early, when is the right time?

Didn't I say I'd wait to 5? Sure hind sight is 20/20. My point AT THE TIME was that 3pm was too early to call a race. AT THE TIME any thing could have happened. Where I live it may look like rain and it will either move around or just dissipate quickly. 3pm still about 5-6 hours of day light. Who knows next time maybe the rain moves away or just dissipates and they could use the rest of the daylight to dry the track. Then we would have 40 laps of green. So it wouldn't take all night.

Didn't I say I'd wait to 5? Sure hind sight is 20/20. My point AT THE TIME was that 3pm was too early to call a race. AT THE TIME any thing could have happened. Where I live it may look like rain and it will either move around or just dissipate quickly. 3pm still about 5-6 hours of day light. Who knows next time maybe the rain moves away or just dissipates and they could use the rest of the daylight to dry the track. Then we would have 40 laps of green. So it wouldn't take all night.
And AT THE TIME, they made the right call. I'm sure they weighed all kinds of different things, including things like future track radar, and came up with what was the best call.

It was still raining at the track till around 8 and it would have taken at least 3 hours to dry the track without the sun. There would have been 0 fans in the stands. NASCAR made the right call.

It was still raining at the track till around 8 and it would have taken at least 3 hours to dry the track without the sun. There would have been 0 fans in the stands. NASCAR made the right call.

yeah enough already. people need to get home, dry off, get ready for Monday. The place was a swamp

Back
Top Bottom