ringers at cota

acmerocket

Team Owner
how many of the four ringers will be in the top 10. yes iam counting johnson. i thinking 2 in the top 10 and 1 of thoses ,taylor in the top 5.

If I could bet up here north of the border I like;y would on some of the long shots. Daly at 1000/1 Button 100/1

Taylor and Button have logged a lot of miles in the Le Mans test car.

We’ll see how much it helps. They could be trouble if they qualify well.
I don't know if Button was throwing shade or not, but he said the Garage 56 car wasn't anything like a Cup car. He said the Garage 56 car has better brakes, more HP and was a whole lot lighter. We'll see.

He’s correct on all counts.

I think the seat time is still relevant.

Taylor and Button have logged a lot of miles in the Le Mans test car.

We’ll see how much it helps. They could be trouble if they qualify well.

I've seen a lot of people online penciling in Taylor as a favorite to win. I think it's a bit premature. This isn't the 90s, Cup drivers have developed into pretty good road racers in their own right.

Yeah I think Jordan has said it's still going to be quite the challenge just from a car standpoint.

These cup guys are also really good and they're gonna be out there to prove a point to these outside guys.

They also won't have stage cautions to help with making adjustments and I predict a very spread out field without the cautions so they will be making a lot of green flag stops.

I don't think the cup guys are going to cut any of them any slack unless the team that they are affiliated with and I am not too sure about that either. Plenty of hip checking and hogging lines. It's going to be fun to watch.

Taylor has at least spent plenty of time in similarly sized vehicles navigating traffic both as a faster and slower car on track so the close quarters stuff won't bother him. Should make him a little more comfortable.

I don't know if Button was throwing shade or not, but he said the Garage 56 car wasn't anything like a Cup car. He said the Garage 56 car has better brakes, more HP and was a whole lot lighter. We'll see.
Jordan said the same thing. It’s 7-8 seconds quicker there around a lap, it’s a different car.

I think Jordan will spend time in the top 10 but get used up in a late restart. Kimi and Jenson hang around the top 15-20 range.

I’d love to know how they took 600 pounds off a Nextgen car.

I'd say Johnson will finish 23rd. I can't really make much of a prediction on the others because I know nothing about them nor do I know how much their normal ride compares to the cup cars.

I've seen a lot of people online penciling in Taylor as a favorite to win. I think it's a bit premature. This isn't the 90s, Cup drivers have developed into pretty good road racers in their own right.
That's the same type of hoopla that annoyed me regarding Kimi last year at the Glen. Yes, they're all very talented. I think Jensen and Ricky will benefit for their recent G56 experience. I look forward to seeing how they do but let's wait until they've turned some laps before we start declaring them the new Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart. I don't see any of them winning (including JJ); even top 10s would be worth celebrating.

I’d love to know how they took 600 pounds off a Nextgen car.
ok, its not a nextgen car , 100 % built just for this race, the transaxle is 1 of the every few if anything being used in the car, not even the motor.

ok, its not a nextgen car , 100 % built just for this race, the transaxle is 1 of the every few if anything being used in the car, not even the motor.
I wouldn't expect a normal cup engine to run for 24 hours straight. I'd imagine it's a toned down version of a regular engine

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect a normal cup engine to run for 24 hours straight. I'd imagine it's a toned down version of a regular engine

its a cup motor from a few years ago,not sure what year.

It has more HP actually, but they didn't say what they did to make it last for 24 hours. They ran the heck out of it at Sebring so it must be good.

“And both vehicles will run the same engine –the Chevrolet R07 cast iron small block V8.”

Spec comparison here ...

That is the same block, it doesn't show the HP. I think it was Bozi that was saying it had more HP.

They have tested the hell out of it
Altogether the test car and its previous iteration have logged more than 3,600 miles at six separate tests (Road Atlanta, Virginia International Raceway, Goodyear Proving Grounds, Carolina Motorsports Park, Sebring International Raceway and Daytona International Speedway).

That is the same block, it doesn't show the HP. I think it was Bozi that was saying it had more HP.
It’s the same block and cylinder head castings.

Likely sans tapered spacer and with its own particular combination of reciprocating parts ... engineered to produce lots of power with 24 hours of reliability in mind.

The R07 was designed when Cup engines were heading upwards of 900 HP and 10,000 RPM. If you don't go crazy with lightweight parts and keep the RPM down to a reasonable number, they can practically run forever. In 2003 we ran a Cup motor the entire ARCA season on just valve spring changes. The secret? We weren't spinning it 9500 RPM like it's "sister" engines in Frank Kimmel's cars. Most of the time we would install used low mile sets from Frank's engines.

I think it would be a good idea for Nascar to spec out a driver fan. It seems when the cool suits fail and they often do, drivers are stuck with driving with a blanket around their chests in the oven heat interior. Heat exhaustion is no joke and drivers in the middle of that aren't making good driving judgements. It's not a cure all, but at least somebody made an effort. The teams won't do it on their own. And before somebody brings up the old days, these cars are way more sealed off from air getting inside the car than the days of old'

I think it would be a good idea for Nascar to spec out a driver fan. It seems when the cool suits fail and they often do, drivers are stuck with driving with a blanket around their chests in the oven heat interior. Heat exhaustion is no joke and drivers in the middle of that aren't making good driving judgements. It's not a cure all, but at least somebody made an effort. The teams won't do it on their own. And before somebody brings up the old days, these cars are way more sealed off from air getting inside the car than the days of old'
This is a good idea.

Why do cool suits constantly fail? Every week we hear about drivers cool suits failing. Just this week it was Button, Reddick and Bowman all mentioned theirs failed. Why is this such a constant problem.

This is a good idea.

Why do cool suits constantly fail? Every week we hear about drivers cool suits failing. Just this week it was Button, Reddick and Bowman all mentioned theirs failed. Why is this such a constant problem.
Nascar is all about safety, but the teams could care less. I think Nascar needs to step in.

And before somebody brings up the old days,
I love it when someone says, "Well, Dale and Cale and Donny and Richard didn't have <name of technology>!" That's because they didn't have the option. If they'd been able to have power steering and A/C at no competitive disadvantage, do you think they would have turned them down?

Not as easy as it looks on TV …

That was a short easy and great read. He is an Iron man and a former F1 champion he is definitely no slouch. He described how humbling it can be and I appreciate the candor and honesty. Our cup drivers are a tough and rugged lot that simply make it look to easy and that is so easily taken for granted.

I will not pretend to know how tough it really is but the constant criticism by many is often very comical to me. I think many are as clueless about the difficulties as a Forrest Gumps "shrimping is tough" moment.
I have been guilty myself and had my fun snarking a few drivers myself.

Some drivers are certainly better than other drivers at this level. But to some degree everyone of them is a warrior, and on a bad day they just don't get enough respect for what they have endured.

"Racing is tough"
some critics myself included would do well to keep that in mind.

How true, and the COTA road course was designed to give them hell on every one of the 20 corners. All of the whining made me sick. Nobody forced anybody to sit on the couch and watch the race. Find something else to do with your life.

How true, and the COTA road course was designed to give them hell on every one of the 20 corners. All of the whining made me sick. Nobody forced anybody to sit on the couch and watch the race. Find something else to do with your life.
I am all for constructive criticism and ideas, but I agree that the criticism is often over the top.

Back
Top Bottom