Ryan Blaney

Yup -- perhaps Blaney would be more comfortable competing in the NBA, where the hoop and height, ball, court dimensions, rules "package", etc are more similar year to year. :)

Picture Harvick in an NBA game for a second. All-Star weekend celebrity game maybe. Get comfy and wait for NASCAR to tinker back into your wheelhouse.

Yup -- perhaps Blaney would be more comfortable competing in the NBA, where the hoop and height, ball, court dimensions, rules "package", etc are more similar year to year. :)

Uncle Dale already gave the big leagues a shot. I doubt Ryan cares for it.
Also, he is in pretty good company if he truly doesn't care for racing without throttle response.

Just throw Blaney into a full NBA game -- then the coach can yell at him for not playing Defense, not scoring, not getting up fast enough when he takes a Charge or gets elbow'd, not being able to get up and down the court... At that point it won't matter that basketball courts are dimensionally the same, the NBA basketball is standard, or rules don't vary much between the years. YRB would probably show up to the next Race with a better attitude about his privilege of making big buck$ driving a Cup car, even with the volatile rule set. And he might better realize that all premiere sports competition have rules (some more dynamic than others) -- and especially the "expensive-athlete" games are about being the better competitor within the rules -- or you should get replaced.

NASCAR is one of the best tests of a driver and Team -- especially because of the varied tracks, contact allowed, car formula development, evolving rules. Embrace it or go do what Larson seems to be doing -- struggle with NASCAR while you go off to "enjoy" your preferred style of racing.

Blaney is in a premiere ride on a Championship Organization, his time to figure out how to win is NOW as a competitor. He's wasn't hired to run NASCAR, change the car formula, write the rules, etc...

I get that a lot of these young drivers are hoping to grab a win a year, and make some noise going into the Playoffs so they can support their lifestyle -- but are mostly waiting for Kyle Busch, Logano, MTJ, Kez, and others to drop off in competitiveness so they can then step up.

^ Yeah ... it’s all about supporting their lifestyle.

What a load ... the “base” whines when drivers don’t express themselves and whine some more when they do.

Laughable. You don’t like someone you’ve never met. We get it.

^ Yeah ... it’s all about supporting their lifestyle.

What a load ... the “base” whines when drivers don’t express themselves and whine some more when they do.

Laughable. You don’t like someone you’ve never met. We get it.

These drivers race for money -- it's a profession.

You're take is " laughable".

These drivers race for money -- it's a profession.

You're take is " laughable".
If they wanted to quit so badly, they would. These guys and gals don't spend the majority of their lives to get to this point to just throw it away all of a sudden. They get paid nicely to do what they do, but if they didn't truly love it they would have hung it up already.

Ask Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Kurt and Kyle Busch. Hell, Morgan Shepard still races and he's almost 80. They love what they do and they want to do it as long as they can.

As a Penske fan -- I like Blaney. His contribution to the Penske race organization is overall positive.

But his only win at Penske was the ROVAL miracle last year. His conniption against Brad this year was absurd -- as YRB was the one to dive away from the top line to only get closed out, then he blamed Brad who got the run by staying on the top line for not following him after he tried to recover from his move.

Whenever someone inserts “but” into a statement, I find it useful to ignore everything they said before that.

Good grief. You will find that with time and further experience, Blaney will be right where he needs to be. Imo, he is not that far off as things currently stand. He could do with a little more consistency, and a win or two to his name in this season's stats. I'm not the first to point out that he actually would have had a few victories earlier on in the season if not for mistakes by other people within the Penske organization, i.e. Blaney's pit crew. I get the distinct feeling that I won't be the last one to point this out.

As a Penske fan -- I like Blaney. His contribution to the Penske race organization is overall positive.

But his only win at Penske was the ROVAL miracle last year. His conniption against Brad this year was absurd -- as YRB was the one to dive away from the top line to only get closed out, then he blamed Brad who got the run by staying on the top line for not following him after he tried to recover from his move.
Disagree with you about him being upset with Brad. You were not in his car for the whole race. Did you see the multiple times he sacrificed positions for his teammates? I think that was why he was ticked. He felt he would get the same treatment back from his teammate, and didn't.
I have said I would like to see this boy with a bit more fire in his belly...but then again displaying some of the same characteristics as David Pearson is not really such a bad thing.

Krashalotski is running his yapper today.

Whining ... top of the toolbox for race car drivers.

coverstory_dsc_3249_web.jpg

This thread is basically the Harvick thread: stupid.

Whelp that tweet got wiped from the face of the earth, should have screenshot it.

In a nutshell, Blaney criticized them for adding in expletives on Radioactive when there wasn't.

Wow, much respect for Blaney getting a top ten at Pocono today (10th). While the late race caution undoubtably helped him I got to believe the driver pulled off an incredible feat.

Perhaps you can share some reasoning...I am not into argument for the sake of argument, but I do respect others opinions.

Honestly, it seemed 90% luck where everyone finished #AeroWars. Skill coming into to play is much more reserved when they put 750hp on imo. This is incredibly circumstantial where you come out on pit strategy and how your restarts go... it seems that's all that matters anymore...

Blaney with a top ten padded his standings and is over a full race ahead of the cherished cut off point we will continue to be beaten over the head with until the season ends. If there are close races we will hear three screaming gerbils out talking each other, if it is a slow race all we are going to hear are the cut off, points matter, and every point matters when ever there is a pass

I feel really sorry for Ryan Blaney. He's a good kid and I've been contemplating him as my favorite driver of the future for a while now.

We all heard how Jimmie said Ryan's lips were quivering and shaking. I don't think Ryan was scared. But the reason I feel bad for him, is that I think he feels really really bad. You can hear the nerves in the guilt in his voice during the interview. He stressed multiple times that he's looked up to Jimmie and does not want to wreck him or upset him. given the tone of his voice, and even his most recent tweet (which was about wanting an old Busch Series Jimmie Johnson shirt), the poor kid feels really badly about what happened yesterday.

The lip quivering was probably real, but it was probably just an overwhelming sense of guilt and nerves about upsetting someone who he doesn't want to upset. Ryan's an awesome kid and he's probably the first driver I would have beers with. Feel bad for him, hope he wins soon, and I hope Jimmie can let this go

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't think Ryan was scared.

"don't think" :rolleyes:

Blaney was being the bigger man -- and trying to be respectful to JJ. He wasn't scared. Why would he be scared of Jimmie? Who would be scared of Jimmie?

smh

I feel really sorry for Ryan Blaney. He's a good kid and I've been contemplating him as my favorite driver of the future for a while now.

We all heard how Jimmie said Ryan's lips were quivering and shaking. I don't think Ryan was scared. But the reason I feel bad for him, is that I think he feels really really bad. You can hear the nerves in the guilt in his voice during the interview. He stressed multiple times that he's looked up to Jimmie and does not want to wreck him or upset him. given the tone of his voice, and even his most recent tweet (which was about wanting an old Busch Series Jimmie Johnson shirt), the poor kid feels really badly about what happened yesterday.

The lip quivering was probably real, but it was probably just an overwhelming sense of guilt and nerves about upsetting someone who he doesn't want to upset. Ryan's an awesome kid and he's probably the first driver I would have beers with. Feel bad for him, hope he wins soon, and I hope Jimmie can let this go

Blaney is third generation and now he works for Roger Penske. He’s well coached and respectful of who and what came before him.

He’ll be around for a long time after JJ is gone.

Negotiations for "the apology" have soured.

Gotta side with Blaney on this one...maybe if JJ didn't call him scared and lips quivering post-race interview jabs after Blaney allowed him to chew him out because he's 7-time. The young guns will take guff no longer.

“I have nothing to apologize about,” Blaney said Friday morning at Michigan. “He came down on me. I apologized to him right then and there, even though it was his fault. I have a lot of respect for Jimmie — or had a lot of respect –that’s why I kind of let him chew my ass out for a minute, minute-and-a-half or whatever he did and I didn’t go back into him, especially when he put a finger in my face.

“Then his comments after we got done talking pretty much threw all that out the window. That respect is very little.”

Blaney said he briefly considered reaching out this week but reiterated he didn’t do anything wrong.

“I was there and he came down across me, then we talked about it after the race,” Blaney said. “You do that to yourself and then expect me to apologize for that? It’s not like I flat ran him over. I told him that. … It’s his doing, but he wants to be mad at me about it.”

“I have learned more about Ryan’s point of view through reading articles than I have from out of his mouth, and that part bothers me,” Johnson said. “It’s pretty sad. When I went to go talk to him after the race, at some point he said he felt bad but I never heard ‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to,’ nothing that would make me think that he didn’t care if it happened.

“That aspect only confirmed the way I felt in my car. So I thought I would get a call from him during the week, just the friendship that we’ve had, the amount of respect that I thought we had for one another, and I didn’t.”

“He wants to do what he wants to do,” Blaney said. “That’s a separate deal. I’m over it. I’m sure he’s still mad.”

“I’ve checked up for a lot of people and they chopped my nose off like that over the years,” Blaney said. “That’s just not happening anymore. If he wants to be pissed off and try to wreck us and take us out, it’s going to be a whole other problem.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-johnson-incident-post-watkins-glen-michigan/

Back
Top Bottom