Ryan Blaney

Does anyone think this is a genuine coming out year for Blaney? Or moreso just a breakout year before returning to a one win a year guy?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It appears he has his grandfather's genes, so I am hopeful it is an indication of more to come. Way back, before Ryan ever raced a cup car he practiced in one and turned better laps than his Dad. Even though Big Dave never won a Cup race, he is a heck of a wheel man.

Does anyone think this is a genuine coming out year for Blaney? Or moreso just a breakout year before returning to a one win a year guy?

Hard to tell IMO. The 12 is still pretty inconsistent. And all of his wins have been at aero influenced tracks so even being a Blaney/Penske fan, I'm not too jacked up on his chances to make it to the final 8.

His CC makes a huge difference IMO in the last couple years.

Highest average finish since Pocono.

If he can get past the round of 12, I think he has a chance to make a run. This has been a breakout season for Blaney.

Bristol has been a heel of his, he's been fast there. If he can get by Bristol cleanly, he can make it.

Chase and Blaney going back to back would be pretty dope.

Blaney is really good at Martinsville and has had some decent runs at Phoenix. He can definitely get it done.

Chase and Blaney going back to back would be pretty dope.

Blaney is really good at Martinsville and has had some decent runs at Phoenix. He can definitely get it done.
If there's any track you can pencil him in to win at, at some point in his career, it's Martinville.

He was the fastest car there in the spring. He's consistently lead laps there. He gets around that place while and he's due for a win there. I don't think he's going to win the championship. I do think he's going to make the final four and I don't think he's won his last race of the season.

As much as I'm pulling for Kyle Larson this season, Blaney with the nameplate of cup series champion Would be hilariously awesome and badass.

I think Blaney although he is good at Martinsville has more competition this year than previous years. It should be a great race regardless.

Bump... just because I think his performance deserves it.
Where did he finish?

He always runs well at Bristol but doesn't always finish well.

I sincerely think he can sneak into the final 4.

I think Larson, Truex, and Hamlin are definitive. Blaney, Chase and KB are gonna be fighting for that 4th spot, imo.

Where did he finish?

He always runs well at Bristol but doesn't always finish well.

I sincerely think he can sneak into the final 4.

I think Larson, Truex, and Hamlin are definitive. Blaney, Chase and KB are gonna be fighting for that 4th spot, imo.

He had a solid 4th place finish and stage points in both stages. The team ran top ten almost the entire race and he managed to lead a few laps. In my opinion the weakest link on the team might be pit stops. For some reason they are consistently losing one and sometimes two spots on routine stops. On the plus side he was run well at all the remaining tracks on the schedule. Maybe he will sneak into the final four.

He had a solid 4th place finish and stage points in both stages. The team ran top ten almost the entire race and he managed to lead a few laps. In my opinion the weakest link on the team might be pit stops. For some reason they are consistently losing one and sometimes two spots on routine stops. On the plus side he was run well at all the remaining tracks on the schedule. Maybe he will sneak into the final four.
Blaney has been really strong on 1.5's this year

7630F2BB-7ABC-4CAC-9B69-63171ABBD8E4.jpeg

Blaney is a class act and wheelman. But at some point he needs to punch back. Dude still gets used up way to much.
I think he will at some point. The Mark Martin classiness will only get you so far and his inner “Logano” will have to come forth…..and I hope it does. He strikes me as one that will bite back when he’s had enough.

No disrespect to Mark. Class all the way IMO.

Penalize blocking with harsh rule, problem solved. This blocking at super speedways has to be stopped. JMHO
Why? Raise the cup entre age to 30 and go back to mature drivers. Most of these kids ( although racing for years ) are just desperate kids.

With the addition of Cindric, Blaney remains the low man at the main shop. He knows his place and who he may or may not have an altercation with.
Blaney to the 10!

Quite literally unbelievable.
I'm not going to do it, but I would love to know the numbers on how many positions the pit crew has lost Blaney over his short career.
Incomprehensible from an "elite" team!!!

Reactions: sdj
Quite literally unbelievable.
I'm not going to do it, but I would love to know the numbers on how many positions the pit crew has lost Blaney over his short career.
Incomprehensible from an "elite" team!!!
I stopped after 28 in stage 2.

If you are a Blaney fan you might enjoy this podcast with Ryan Blaney. Ryan is on for the full 45 minutes.
The two guys that do the podcast have been involved with the Blaney family for years.
There is some interesting stories in this episode. One about Ryan racing a sprint car and the subsequent discussion his dad had with the Penske organization. The second is about his choice to not run for a Xfinity/Nationwide championship.

Back
Top Bottom