Should Nascar give Kyle Larson a waiver?

Hiring a racial slur uttering person is always a win for exposure...
Always my favorite song. He was fired from his previous ride, out of Cup for 1 year, apologized, reformed, apologized again. What more do you want, shall we gather up the firing squad? You can have the first shot.

Always my favorite song. He was fired from his previous ride, out of Cup for 1 year, apologized, reformed, apologized again. What more do you want, shall we gather up the firing squad? You can have the first shot.
I bet it wasn't a one time slip up... If used once , it more than likely was used before and after. Reformed, nice .
And the free exposure can't be bought...
Any one can do anything and apologize. And all is forgiven. What a perfect world!!

The intent of the rule was to prevent this exact scenario. Because, at the time, Tony Stewart was running around talking about how drivers should be able to miss races and was suggesting he should be able to take weekends off to race at Eldora. And Kyle Larson was coming in with the mindset that dirt racing is bigger than NASCAR.
Andy.....the narrative. Please. Always remember the narrative.

1717258365024.jpeg

I bet it wasn't a one time slip up... If used once , it more than likely was used before and after. Reformed, nice .
Any one can do anything and apologize. And all is forgiven. What a perfect world!!
This is a beaten horse. He served his penances , I think we’re all entitled to a second chance in life. Those folks that don’t think that, the most incredibly self righteous always have the most to hide.

I grew up using the N word and had a catalog memorized ethnic jokes. I am not proud of it and it was enforced at early age.

Eventually I grew up and learned more about the history and I try to be more decent and considerate. My parents also changed for the bettet in time.

I believe in redemptation for those who want to change and I giving Larson a second chance as well.

Just my two cents, YMMV.

I grew up using the N word and had a catalog memorized ethnic jokes.
Ditto, although I learned from my friends and NOT my family.Then in high school I made new friends and started meeting people of the backgrounds I'd been joking about and learn they weren't much different from me.

Larson went to the right people and did a lot of the right things. What he said afterwards was either written by someone who absolutely knew the exact correct thing to say or was legitimate in terms of Larson having learned important lessons. Keep in mind that Larson was a Drive For Diversity guy himself; he's actually Japanese-American because of his maternal family (there's no such thing as "half" - you are or aren't, and he definitely is).

I just called my dog a Bitch. Then I apologized to her, and all is forgiven. We're going to the Windjammer at Misquamicut for ice cream later..
That ends my rant against the driver of the 5 car..

I just called my dog a Bitch. Then I apologized to her, and all is forgiven. We're going to the Windjammer at Misquamicut for ice cream later..
That ends my rant against the driver of the 5 car..
This is kind of unhinged.

Kyle was ready to drive in the race, Nascar stopped him by calling the race.

In fairness, his intent to drive in the race is irrelevant. His intent to start is what is relevant regarding playoff eligibility.

NASCAR needs to get rid of this BS "have to start every race" rule and as others have said, just require them to be in the top 25 in points. If NASCAR insists on continuing this charade, have a carve out for things like The Double. Driving 1100 miles in one day is one of the coolest achievements in motorsports and I'd hate to see NASCAR discourage people from at least trying it.

Rev continues to try to play off the fact that sold out Joe is keeping Bell who is at the worst a top 5 dirt sprint/midget driver in the world from competing. Rev and Joe have no idea and wonder why their drivers get boo'd so loudly.
At Indy:
"He is the only reason we are here," explained Dot Smith, who made the trip from dirt
Screenshot_20240602_214408_Gallery.jpg
-track hotbed Springfield, Missouri, along with her husband Dan, both dressed in too-wet matching "Larson 1100" T-shirts. "We didn't watch NASCAR or IndyCar because we like short-track racing, but he's a short-track racer who is running both, so we are here
Remember when Larson came down to NZ for the International Midget Series with Bell, Courtney, Seavey and he had that bad wreck. Gibbs called Bell home while Larson stayed in NZ.
Larson let me take a Pic of his eye.
It scared Gibbs.

The fact that he even has to consider that he won't be driving for a championship is complete bull****. NASCAR should be ashamed. What a joke. Again, I don't agree with skipping a race, but I feel 100% Kyle Larson has to be part of the championship, or NASCAR has ****** the season. Already stupid that we don't know about the waiver. Just weird.

It’s come down to it that now, no matter what NASCAR does in this situation someone won’t be happy and the optics of this entire deal will never look good in their eyes. It’s become a no win situation for NASCAR and very fast becoming a no win situation for Larson/HMS. What started out as something fun and innocent has just been completely ruined by the “he didn’t choose nascar” brigade. I almost don’t want him to try this again because it’s exhausting having to hear how he let everyone down, picked Indy Car over his day job as a Cup driver and whatever else is coming out of the woodwork. Smoke had it easy for his Double run, for the very fact there was no social media.

It’s come down to it that now, no matter what NASCAR does in this situation someone won’t be happy and the optics of this entire deal will never look good in their eyes. It’s become a no win situation for NASCAR and very fast becoming a no win situation for Larson/HMS. What started out as something fun and innocent has just been completely ruined by the “he didn’t choose nascar” brigade. I almost don’t want him to try this again because it’s exhausting having to hear how he let everyone down, picked Indy Car over his day job as a Cup driver and whatever else is coming out of the woodwork. Smoke had it easy for his Double run, for the very fact there was no social media.

It was a no win situation from the start.

NASCAR has been digging themselves in this hole for years now. Missing a race should never be a death penalty in racing - whether there are 10 races on the calendar or 38 races.

It was a no win situation from the start.

NASCAR has been digging themselves in this hole for years now. Missing a race should never be a death penalty in racing - whether there are 10 races on the calendar or 38 races.
It became a no win situation when the weather ruined eveything.

Do you think waivers should be granted if a driver misses a race to compete in another race? Or should it only be done in this one instance?
He had every intent of getting to Charlotte on time. It wasn’t as if he just made no effort at all and decided to stay in Indy at the conclusion of the 500. He got to Charlotte,was about to get in the car and the race got called. Why should he be penalized for that? And to answer your question truthfully, the can of worms was open when they added Jeff Gordon as the 13th driver, so any scenario is open season imo.

He had every intent of getting to Charlotte on time. It wasn’t as if he just made no effort at all and decided to stay in Indy at the conclusion of the 500. He got to Charlotte,was about to get in the car and the race got called. Why should he be penalized for that?

He didn't start the race, so he never would've been credited as racing in the event to start with.

Back
Top Bottom