Should Nascar give Kyle Larson a waiver?

He didn't start the race, so he never would've been credited as racing in the event to start with.
I think most have a problem with that he was never in the car. I’d be willing to bet the uproar wouldn’t be as loud if he had gotten a shot to race the car

I'm looking for a gif of a Hamster running in a circle treadmill, anybody here got one?
not a hamster but maybe this could suffice
IMG_9247.gif

In the same season.

For some, missing a race is a more serious offence than being suspended for purposely crashing a fellow competitor.

Waivers for suspensions have always bothered me.

But again, missing a race shouldn't be a death penalty to start with. NASCAR just loves "at our discretion" calls.

I think most have a problem with that he was never in the car. I’d be willing to bet the uproar wouldn’t be as loud if he had gotten a shot to race the car

I think most realize that a questionable decision to end the race was made. Kaz Grala and Grant Enfinger both intended to run when their waivers were denied. And, on the flip side, when referring to those two drivers, NASCAR gave Trevor Bayne the option to switch what series he declared for after he won the Daytona 500.

What's not helping here is that you have journalists on Twitter outright saying Kyle Larson should get a waiver solely because he's Kyle Larson. One of them even said last week that no other driver would ever have a chance to be competitive in both because they wouldn't be backed by Hendrick.

I do NOT believe the decision that's made should be a "for this driver only" thing. I believe a precedent should be set. Larson SHOULD get a waiver, and others should too.

I do remember honestly the other waivers being given by the time the drivers return for the next race most of the time when they have been. Not after their next race.

Eh, I will be watching and rooting for him no matter what they decide.
If it is so, and so far not a peep out of Nascar, have the rules been changed lol? Does this mean everybody can miss a race or more IF they win the drivers championship?

R U serious or are you still on the circle tread mill?
Larson has mentioned that he is out to win the regular points championship when interviewed. I don't know what that tells you, but to me it's up in the air at this point. Larson has privy to knowledge we don't get.

Reactions: sdj
It looks like Nascar is going to hold off making a decision with a work around of saying Larson gets into the playoffs if he wins the regular season championship. That should keep everybody stirred up and watching.
They should get one of those soap opera organs to play at end of each race with a Don Pardo voice " Will Larson get a waiver or is all hope lost? stay tuned for the next update".

I'm all for whichever decision exposes how idiotic NASCAR management often is and their pointless minutiae that serves no real purpose. If Larson getting a waiver accomplishes that, fine. If Larson not getting a waiver does it, fine too.

On the teardown they were talk about how several officials are apparently upset about being lied to that the 600 would be the priority. Supposedly they were willing to push the start of the 600 back up to 30 min to accommodate Larson, but he just decided to run the 500.

I think waviers are given out too easily and honestly I could completely understand not giving him one. However for the best interest of the sport, Nascar should give him one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

All My Waivers

Meanwhile, on this week's episode of "The Waivers"

...Somewhere in Concord, A young Nicholas Bobby nervously knocks on Peggy Sue's door. He has arrived early for their date and to meet her father.

The dad meets him at the door and tells him Peggy Sue is still getting ready and that it would be a good time for a discussion while he gives him a tour of their impressive home.
He is very welcoming and quickly puts young Nicolas Bobby at ease, and the two of them seem to hit it off almost instantly. The father initially senses that Nicolas Bobby is a fine young man and worthy to court his daughter, and Nicolas finds it easy to respect and even like the gentleman.

The old man’s garage was incredible, and he decided to show Nicholas Bobby his expansive gun collection, the most impressive part of the informal tour.

But suddenly the old man's demeanor and tone changes dramatically, and he seems to adopt the persona of "The Unforgiven's" William Munny at the "Big Whiskey" after finding his friend Ned's corpse on display outside the saloon.

The father then looks at the kid as he aims one of his sawed-off double-barrel AR-15s at the kid and roughly sez, "Listen to me, boy. This is very serious, and you had better answer me damn well if you know what's good for you."

DOES KYLE LARSON DESERVE A WAIVER? ANSWER ME NOW DAMMIT!

The closing cheesy organ music starts playing, and the voice of the Dollar Tree Don Pardo knockoff kicks in with the closing monologue.

"Will young Nicholas Bobby be able to provide Peggy's Daddy with a wise answer, or will the old man need to shoot the foolish boy dead on the spot?"

What outfit will Peggy Sue be wearing?

Will Peggy Sue love her Deddy for how things were handled, or will she hate him and start an educational foundation to address the worthiness of Larson's waiver request or whether Larson should have been disciplined for the ultimate insult?

Stay tuned for next week's episode of "The Waivers."

The cheesy organ music plays a final closing rift"

sawed-off double-barrel AR-15
Somewhere, someone is desperately Googling the 3D printer programming for one of these.

Someone else is desperately drafting legislation to outlaw them.

And at least six law firms are DESPERATELY trying to convince the those folks they need representation to get the money they deserve. At least two those firms are trying to reach both people.

Somewhere, someone is desperately Googling the 3D printer programming for one of these.

Someone else is desperately drafting legislation to outlaw them.

And at least six law firms are DESPERATELY trying to convince the those folks they need representation to get the money they deserve. At least two those firms are trying to reach both people.

I am sure that is true. But I think the motivation is very different in this case.

During this hour of crisis, as the nation anxiously awaits to learn of Larsons waiver fate it is the utmost and Paramount concern. A call to arms will be more about addressing the offense than just a pure love of the mentioned firearm.

If Nascar issues a very heinous (pronounced HY•EE•NUH•US) ruling on the Larson waiver, the urgency of the matter will create an even greater demand for those double barrel AR15s.

Would be nice to be able to move on from this finally.

I think NASCAR needs to seriously consider dumping the current format because of this. It's fine to have playoffs and all of the eliminations, but I'd be okay with a points race for the Top 16 followed by current format for the postseason

Would be nice to be able to move on from this finally.

I was not expecting any other result, tbh.

Probably put a lot of consideration about Larson prioritizing the 500, but you can't do anything about mother nature. So in the end, it makes sense to give the waiver.

Official he has one.

Reactions: Pat
This will look very impressive on Larsons racing resume--- 2020 Chili Bowl Nationals Winner, 2021 Chili Bowl Nationals Winner, 2021 NASCAR Cup Champion, 2024 NASCAR Cup Champion, 2025 NASCAR Cup Champion, "2025 Indy 500 Winner, 2025 Coca Cola 600 Winner". :D

Back
Top Bottom