SHR files suit against Nature's Bakery for breach of contract

Stewart-Haas Racing, Nature's Bakery tentatively settle lawsuit over Danica Patrick sponsorship

... A document filed Wednesday in North Carolina Superior Court states that SHR's attorney has reported that the two sides "have executed settlement documents, which require certain deliverables within the next 21 business days." The order asks for a status report by June 23 if the two sides have not asked for the case to be dismissed.

Nature's Bakery sponsored Patrick for 28 races in 2016 and was scheduled for at least 25 in 2017. The team has picked up sponsorship, including six additional races from Aspen Dental, to fill some of the void.
(Pockrass)

I imagine "deliverables" means a check, but I guess it could mean some fig bars.

LMAO.

I would not even want them on the side of my cars and they do not deserve the advertising after this fiasco.

Also, they could have discussed with SHR to restructure the deal or something if they could not afford it (In this case they could not). Be just an associate sponsor or something and just have less races.

Not surprised that NB pulled out, especially when they realized that a car that perpetually runs in 25th place doesn't generate much in the way of TV exposure on Sundays.
Not to mention Danica didn't really go out of her way to promote their products.

I can already hear Mike Joy choking on calling the "Nature's Bakery" cars.

Danica: Ricky you gotta do me a favor in Sunday's race.
Ricky: Anything Babe, what do you need?
Danica: Wreck me on the first lap.
Ricky: Easy peasy, ask me something difficult next time.
Clint: Ricky I need a favor...

Run 'em both on the same consecutive weekends. Might as well get it over with. You can bet they won't get Indy, Daytona, Darlington, or any track where either driver has done well in the past.

Nah. In that one, the sponsor was meeting their obligations. It was the team that wasn't holding up their end.

For those unfamiliar, http://papiotom.com/littlecars/tabasco.html

I have a Polariod of myself in one of their show cars at Darlington. I use Tabasco products regularly, and I had high hopes that this was the start of a long relationship between my favorite sport and my favorite condiment. Alas...

Last edited:
Nah. In that one, the sponsor was meeting their obligations. It was the team that wasn't holding up their end.

I have a Polariod of myself in one of their show cars at Darlington. I use Tabasco products regularly, and I had high hopes that this was the start of a long relationship between my favorite sport and my favorite condiment. Alas...
Arizona Gunslinger hot sauce puts Tabasco to shame...... no comparison........

I have one of the die cast of that. Never knew the back story.

Bowyer in yoga pants eating a fig bar -- kinda reminds of Burt Reynolds in the "Chicken Pit" outfit.

Sponsorship is "good thing". So, as long as Bowyer can run up front during those races, everybody's happy...

Arizona Gunslinger hot sauce puts Tabasco to shame...... no comparison........
I regard Tabasco as my fall-back when I'm not working on a bottle of something else. Sometimes I like just a clean unadorned Louisiana-style sauce. It also comes in those great 1/4-ounce bottles. I like to keep a couple in my fanny pack for when I'm in one of those unsophisticated eateries that don't have pepper sauce on hand.

Based on their website, it doesn't look like Gunslinger is likely to be available in the southeast. I've got plenty of options locally without having sauce shipped. I'm also leery of a sauce maker that doesn't show the ingredients on their web page. I steer clear of sauces with added capsaisin or pepper extract. If you see those, they're just adding heat for heat's sake, which I've found often means there isn't much flavor. I'm usually not fond of thickeners either, but I've been known to make exceptions based on recommendations. I'm not saying any of those are in Gunslinger's products, but I can't tell from their web pages.

Try CaJohn's Killer Chipotle, Pepper Palace's Chocolate Habanero, Tears of the Sun, or most Cholula products. For you starters, any of the Try Me brand's 'Sunshine' line are decent introductions. Texas Pete is for toddlers, pregnant women, and bedridden invalids.

Heh, heh, heh......

My secret recipe be hotter'n the surface of the Sun with more flavor than humans can imagine! So there. I win.

But, please gentlemen, do carry on.

I hope someone has some good marketeers on staff to produce some sort of
advertising to lighten up and poke fun at the situation some how. Nascar drivers
are usually pretty good at that. Something along the lines of Tony S. in the back seat
eating beef jerky while Danica and Harvick were in the front of a vehicle. Right now
that brand has a black eye with the Nascar nation.

I can't imagine why Nature's Bakery values being on cars in four races at this point... perhaps the "optics" of amicable resolution appeal to the fig bar people. What is clear is that SHR gives up nothing by agreeing to it. They have a pile of unsponsored races for the 10 and the 14.

The most important thing to SHR is settling that $31 million claim and actually collecting some number of pennies on the dollar. Does calling this deal "amicable" help SHR to comfort other sponsors that may be leery about Nascar? Maybe to some slight degree? Like pushing the toothpaste back into the tube.

I regard Tabasco as my fall-back when I'm not working on a bottle of something else. Sometimes I like just a clean unadorned Louisiana-style sauce. It also comes in those great 1/4-ounce bottles. I like to keep a couple in my fanny pack for when I'm in one of those unsophisticated eateries that don't have pepper sauce on hand.

Based on their website, it doesn't look like Gunslinger is likely to be available in the southeast. I've got plenty of options locally without having sauce shipped. I'm also leery of a sauce maker that doesn't show the ingredients on their web page. I steer clear of sauces with added capsaisin or pepper extract. If you see those, they're just adding heat for heat's sake, which I've found often means there isn't much flavor. I'm usually not fond of thickeners either, but I've been known to make exceptions based on recommendations. I'm not saying any of those are in Gunslinger's products, but I can't tell from their web pages.

Try CaJohn's Killer Chipotle, Pepper Palace's Chocolate Habanero, Tears of the Sun, or most Cholula products. For you starters, any of the Try Me brand's 'Sunshine' line are decent introductions. Texas Pete is for toddlers, pregnant women, and bedridden invalids.
Yeah........ I order it direct....... I just ordered a case of 6 oz. bottles and a half gallon for making hotwing sauce...... Like you..... I've tried a lot of different brands ...... but just kinda' favor this one...... This will be my first try on hotwing sauce...... I normally buy the quart bottle of Louisianna hot sauce for them...... I agree on the Texas Pete's........ the others you mentioned...... I have never seen them in any of our stores.....

awkward of all awkwards..

DP wins her first race in natures bakery colours

Back
Top Bottom