SHR files suit against Nature's Bakery for breach of contract

NB still has a video of DP's 2016 car being wrapped in NB colors...at the TOP of their Facebook page.

This is actually sad.I hope all can be settled in a reasonable matter.I follow DP on social media Twitter/FB and she pimped Natures Bakery constantly.

NB still has a video of DP's 2016 car being wrapped in NB colors...at the TOP of their Facebook page.
Im not sure what page youre looking at. Their latest post was last Tuesday for valentines day.

I think settlement is the word or should be, better than a pissing contest with no winners imo.
Not a total devastation though, a full blown fight to the end is great for the lawyers.

I think settlement is the word or should be, better than a pissing contest with no winners imo.
Not a total devastation though, a full blown fight to the end is great for the lawyers.
NB says they were ready for a meeting but got served papers. Lawyers will be lawyers.

It's there. Just looked at it.
Nothing DP related since Jan 4th with her clothing line. The car wrap is from over a year ago & videos are placed at the top of business pages. Nothing they can do other than deleting the video.

It's a shame to have it come to this but....... by what has transpired over the last few years...... Tony sure as hell ain't no virgin to hiring lawyers and being in court..... He should be getting a multi suit discount from his legal team......

NB says they were ready for a meeting but got served papers. Lawyers will be lawyers.

Really hard to tell much off of press releases imo, there are probably details that are never publicized. I think the lawyers also try to win the public opinion wars.
It is in the best interest for their clients, probably good PR for the Cooter Johnsons and Dingleberry firm as well.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I always feel like that I am only getting half of the story, like a he said she said (no pun intended).

But in spite of my flawed opinion, I think some type of arbitration makes a lot more sense for. all. It would not completely satisfy either side, but it would provide closure with far less negativity.
And both sides have reputations that they should be wanting to protect

Michael Waltrip could teach a seminar on how to go above and beyond for sponsors.

I remember back in the late 90s, his first year driving the 7 car, he was interviewed at Daytona and went out of his way to mention his "Philips Klaussner Chevy" several times. Here we are 20 years later and it still sticks in my mind

yeah clutch a bit new here-they think that Patrick violated her contract-I dont think so-NB even "liked" some of the IG posted she made about the protein powder
Yeah, I read that SHR is claiming that. SHR and DP say that she wasn't endorsing competing products and NB claim SHR over sold the "Health" of Nascar. Lol

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-danica-patrick-stewart-haas-racing/98399194/

In the interest of fairness....

this is NBs only line of attack to attack Patrick. :(

I hope they never EVER EVAH sell another fig :mad:
LOL...... This time last year you guys were buying fig bars like they were the next coming of Christ.... now.... they are dirty lowlife SOB.s

I gotta agree.... shenanigans went on but I have to tell you...... Ray Charles should have and could have seen this was a scheme from the outset. Even the most trusting and gullible folks would have run from this deal ...... How Tony and Gene ever thought a little Mom and Pop company like them could ever afford to sponsor a Cup car amazes me ....... I put the blame at 50/50

LOL...... This time last year you guys were buying fig bars like they were the next coming........

Short of water boarding it’s unlikely any would confess, but I’d bet even money the number of posters on this board who bought the things could be counted on one hand.

Ray Charles should have and could have seen this was a scheme from the outset. Even the most trusting and gullible folks would have run from this deal ......

In the jubilant, self-congratulatory article on landing the sponsorship I read, Haas took credit for the negotiations with Marson, a CNC customer, ‘n we know Haas is an honorable man.

Some stellar individuals in the track promotion business as well.

LOL...... This time last year you guys were buying fig bars like they were the next coming of Christ.... now.... they are dirty lowlife SOB.s

I gotta agree.... shenanigans went on but I have to tell you...... Ray Charles should have and could have seen this was a scheme from the outset. Even the most trusting and gullible folks would have run from this deal ...... How Tony and Gene ever thought a little Mom and Pop company like them could ever afford to sponsor a Cup car amazes me ....... I put the blame at 50/50

I worried about but figured SHR had things in hand...
Short of water boarding it’s unlikely any would confess, but I’d bet even money the number of posters on this board who bought the things could be counted on one hand.

I support my drivers sponsors...NASCAR sponsors in general. Hmm...I need my teeth cleaned...[/

LOL, NB's products were being tested and tasted and their virtues extolled but what a difference a year makes! I didn't foresee the sponsorship ending like this but I was one of the many that seriously questioned the viability of a small company like NB being able to foot the bill for Nascar primary sponsorship. I agree that Tony and Gene should have known better as NB would have been better suited on the rear quarter panel 5-6 times a year.

In the jubilant, self-congratulatory article on landing the sponsorship I read, Haas took credit for the negotiations with Marson, a CNC customer, ‘n we know Haas is an honorable man.

Gene is intimately acquainted with Club Fed.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0634067747701006191-4

Danica Patrick produced $4.5 million in television news exposure value for Nature's Bakery as well as almost $7 million in internet media exposure value in the first year of the sponsorship, according to research cited in a Stewart-Haas Racing court filing Thursday in the lawsuit between the race team and Patrick's former sponsor. SHR, in response to allegations from Nature's Bakery that the sponsorship didn't produce sales results, claims any failure to increase sales in 2016 was because of Nature Bakery's internal and operational difficulties and its failure to effectively leverage the sponsorship.

i
Bob Pockrass, NASCAR

Wonder if the evil villain cookie baker has discovered Rockwell Automation as of yet…….

I thought the fig people were mad because DP made seaweed smoothies

In six races Patrick’s best finish is 17th, that also happens to be her only top-20 finish of 2017. Patrick’s other five finishes have all been 22nd or worse, including a pair of finishes outside of the top-30. While six races don’t make a season, being closer to 33rd in the standings (22 points away) than being inside of the top-20 (36 points away) is never a good thing.

What a gratuitous cheap shot for this hateful writer to include in his article as it had nothing to do with DP's record. Christopher Olmstead should be ashamed of himself for promoting such hatred.

The "NASCAR Roundtable" reporters at Motorsport.com predict unanimously that 2017 is Danica Patrick's last year in NASCAR. The discussion panel includes Lee Spencer, Jim Utter, and several others. Sponsorship woes and poor on-track performance are cited.

This appears to be speculation, rather than hard information from the team, IMO. I wouldn't call this a blue-ribbon panel of journalism excellence. Lee is well known and respected, I believe. Jim is always looking for a scoop and sometimes accuracy is compromised. But both are on the NASCAR beat full time, so worth a read...

Question 4. Danica Patrick sounded like a driver who might be thinking of hanging up her driving gloves soon after getting caught up in the ‘big one’ on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. Do you think this is her last season and why?

Jim: I have no doubt this is Patrick's final season at Stewart-Haas Racing. Whether she may entertain the thought of joining another, less competitive team, I don't know. But if she can't acquire necessary sponsorship while competing at a top-level team like SHR, it's unlikely she would do so anywhere else. At some point in time in every driver's career, performance becomes the deciding factor in their future. Danica has reached that point and probably was given a longer opportunity than most considering her lack of results. With Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Patrick gone in 2018, the media's top-two favorite "go to" subjects will be gone and they might actually have to spend some time discovering the rest of the talent in the garage.

Lee: I think this is Patrick’s last season because she simply has not exhibited any improvement in the last six years. She’s currently 31st in the standings and has wrecked three times this season. That’s a hard sell for a team to a sponsor particularly in equipment where her teammates are thriving.

Nick: I can't say for certainty if this is Danica's final season, but that interview was very telling. Regardless, I feel she is nearing the end of this NASCAR experiment, having struggled for results in top-tier equipment.

Tim: I feel this will probably be her final season in the Cup series. Part of me hopes not as I think she’s been great for the sport in getting young girls interested. Unfortunately, sooner or later, you have to produce results or run better and she’s not been able to gain any consistent strong finishes. I honestly thought she would have performed better by now, but this is a tough sport with very competitive teams.

Uh JIM? They have been saying that for years

Lee he he? they have been saying that for years

Nick? good guess I bet it took a real thought to come up with that one. The ol age out of the sport theory.

Tim ? the ol people pleaser answer. Don't make any waves man. thanks for the wishy washy, mamby pamby answer. :)

All I know is if they can Keep Casey Mears around for what seems like forever..and he is still racing in Nascar, no telling how long Patrick can stick if she wants too.

Pockrass:
"The Stewart-Haas Racing lawsuit with Nature's Bakery is close to settling, according to documents filed in North Carolina Superior Court postponing a status conference scheduled for Wednesday. SHR, which sued the fig-bar company for $31 million for the final two years of the three-year contract following Nature's Bakery decision to terminate its sponsorship of Danica Patrick after one season, must report to the court in two weeks whether the case has been settled."

I'm visualizing Gene and Tony encouraging their lawyers to squeeze that turnip hard... but settle it out of court.

I wonder what effect Danica retiring after this season (if she does) would have on the amount of any settlement? Would it greatly reduce any settlement for the 2018 season?

I wonder what effect Danica retiring after this season (if she does) would have on the amount of any settlement? Would it greatly reduce any settlement for the 2018 season?
I would think not as the contract would have already been breached if say she decides to hang up the helmet at the conclusion of this year, although NB was signed through 2018.

But, I was not able to stay at Holiday Inn last night, so I am not an expert on contract laws.

Not surprised that NB pulled out, especially when they realized that a car that perpetually runs in 25th place doesn't generate much in the way of TV exposure on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom