SILLY SEASON 2019

Would say he deserves one more season in the 19, but NASCAR as a business is shrinking and MTJ puts up the results. Indianapolis is a similar track to Pocono and he ran real well there.

Had some interesting conversations in Darlington. Looking like the 78 is done and MTJ and crew will move to the 19. Might even be an announcement this week. But, as always, my full disclaimer - things might change in the next couple days. Albeit very unlikely.

Sucks for Suarez because I’ve always been a fan of the kid but at the same token hard to blame Gibbs for taking the chance to sign a Cup champ in his prime. Also doesn’t help when the other team cars finish top 10 and the 19 is finishing behind Ross Chastain. Whether it’s the 95 or another team Ill still pull for Suarez and wish him the best.

If $15M is the asking price, I don't see the #95 or anyone else forming an alliance with Gibbs. You can run a (mediocre) team for that price.

Had some interesting conversations in Darlington. Looking like the 78 is done and MTJ and crew will move to the 19. Might even be an announcement this week. But, as always, my full disclaimer - things might change in the next couple days. Albeit very unlikely.

Man, if FRR closes. It will truly be one of the darkest days in NASCAR of this modern era, just goes to show how true it is for one sponsor to make or break a team.

This is really disturbing, at least to me it is. Also, how other manufacturers didn't jump in at this opprotunity.

If that happens it'll explain why JG forced FRR out. They didn't like the competition. Also the 78 team is hamstrung for the rest of this year because JG and yoder already pulled their tech support.
Toyota will obviously work really hard the rest of the season to get the 78 another championship, why wouldn't they. Still counts for them. But JGR, not so much.

As for the JGR asking price, I don't know the exact amount, but I do know it's significantly cheaper for teams that didn't beat them at Homestead.

Toyota will obviously work really hard the rest of the season to get the 78 another championship, why wouldn't they. Still counts for them. But JGR, not so much.

As for the JGR asking price, I don't know the exact amount, but I do know it's significantly cheaper for teams that didn't beat them at Homestead.

If you can't beat 'em, raise your prices.

OK I think we have reached rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up from here.

And just like that , JGR gets whatever it is the 78 has found. I guess SHR better buy the 42 to keep things even............

MTJ will move to the team that essentially screwed his boss? Some loyalty....:rolleyes:

When he was in the #1 car, it was a DEI car.

I agree the 1 car is/was an option. Who knows what people inside the garage think of CGR. I certainly think Jamie has not performed up to par.

Well its happening

Now that it's official the 78 is closing shop, my guess is Truex will wind up in the 19. I was thinking Truex would go to the 41, but JGR has more cash to get Truex and Pearn than SHR at this point.

Now that it's official the 78 is closing shop, my guess is Truex will wind up in the 19. I was thinking Truex would go to the 41, but JGR has more cash to get Truex and Pearn than SHR at this point.

SHR has more cash than JGR for sure...but Toyota might be the ones making this deal happen!

SHR has more cash than JGR for sure...but Toyota might be the ones making this deal happen!

Having cash the willingness to spend it are 2 different things. Gene has already picked up sponsorship on 2 cars himself for a good part of the season

Quite sad, I guess Visser would have to borrow money to keep the relationship with JGR going.

Its actually quite upsetting that JGR did this in raising the price and with 5-Hour was horrible timing. To see all of this unfold within two months, as a NASCAR fan to see FRR build to where they are and having to close shop like this... I hate to see great teams close, I wish the best for Visser and others involved with the operation.

FRR had a great run. From nothing to the top in a few short years. Can't fault Barney for not wanting to continue financing what boils down to being a really expensive hobby.

Also, considering how much to get to that level. To have to rebuild, I guess it was just not attractive for Visser to continue on. Even with switching manufacturers would not have helped. I could only imagine how much Visser paid for all those years of having Furniture Row on the side of the car.

I wonder of Maurice Gallagher is looking at this possibility? This might be something for Gallagher and Beam to look into.

Quite sad, I guess Visser would have to borrow money to keep the relationship with JGR going.

Its actually quite upsetting that JGR did this in raising the price and with 5-Hour was horrible timing. To see all of this unfold within two months, as a NASCAR fan to see FRR build to where they are and having to close shop like this... I hate to see great teams close, I wish the best for Visser and others involved with the operation.
You kind of wonder if they did it on purpose knowing the team would fold and they'd have a shot at landing Truex.

You kind of wonder if they did it on purpose knowing the team would fold and they'd have a shot at landing Truex.

That would be pretty silly IMHO. They lost a great satellite team that was so good, I think it was more of the fact JGR was getting best by their own cars from a satellite team.

5-Hour leaving I think had everything to do with it though because its already so late in the season and shopping around would take a lot of time. Bass Pro and Auto Owners I guess could not back anymore races to make up the loss. All of the success from last year, fully-sponsored for a year, and to lose it all like this.

NASCAR needs to re-evaluate things because costs are crazy. I'm usually optimistic for/about sponsorship, but this **** right here is scary for all teams. I hope someone like GMS bites the bit to move up to Cup.

JGR has the right to do business with who it wants to and on what terms. Having said that, JGR pretty clearly had leverage and the ability to assist Visser in staying around. They chose instead to nudge the team off the cliff and out of existence.

Cut-throat.

NASCAR needs to re-evaluate things because costs are crazy.
I dunno, some form of sponsorship revenue sharing? It makes for a better race when you have competitors. Still, when you don't have much income, it's tough to put a percentage in a pool.

JGR has the right to do business with who it wants to and on what terms. Having said that, JGR pretty clearly had leverage and the ability to assist Visser in staying around. They chose instead to nudge the team off the cliff and out of existence.

Cut-throat.

hmmm glad I never called the preacher a cut throat. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom