SILLY SEASON 2019

Suarez to the #31...kinda sucks. So glad JGR effectively ended this guy's career before it ever got started. Logano was underwhelming for four years and then became a regular contender. I don't see how someone big takes a flier on Suarez after a few years of putting up even worse numbers in much worse equipment with RCR (unless Arris weathers that storm and wants to stick around some more). Unfortunately much like F1 where the big factories string guys along for a few years and then drop them after a year or two in the big leagues because they have no seats for them.

Suarez to the #31...kinda sucks. So glad JGR effectively ended this guy's career before it ever got started. Logano was underwhelming for four years and then became a regular contender. I don't see how someone big takes a flier on Suarez after a few years of putting up even worse numbers in much worse equipment with RCR (unless Arris weathers that storm and wants to stick around some more). Unfortunately much like F1 where the big factories string guys along for a few years and then drop them after a year or two in the big leagues because they have no seats for them.
Take his money and throw him out the back, that’s the Joe Gibbs Way!

Lol people acting like RCR is on the level of BK racing. I'd rather drive the top equipment for 2nd rate team then the 4th best equipment at Gibbs or shr. Kurt freakin Busch has barely been able to win in that 41 car, and Suarez is? Yeah right lol. Meanwhile, the 3 and 31 have quietly been showing more speed lately. A team of Dillon and Suarez actually would be decent

Lol people acting like RCR is on the level of BK racing. I'd rather drive the top equipment for 2nd rate team then the 4th best equipment at Gibbs or shr. Kurt freakin Busch has barely been able to win in that 41 car, and Suarez is? Yeah right lol. Meanwhile, the 3 and 31 have quietly been showing more speed lately. A team of Dillon and Suarez actually would be decent

Meh, I'd still rather be 4th rate at SHR or Gibbs than RCR at this point. I agree with the point your saying though. RCR has been looking okay though lately so hopefully it works out.

Kurt is tied for fourth in the series with 17 Top 10s.

Dillon and Newman have combined for 13. :idunno:

Since it looks like SHR is going to lose out on Truex/Pearn, I think they get Suarez, Hemric to the 31, and still not sure about the 95.

Has anything been announced on who is getting the #1? Seems like that's where Kurt Busch may end up.

Its kind of sad that it seems more about who can bring the sponsors than their the ability to win. But I guess sometimes leaving one team and going to another will be what some drivers need. Cant help but think of what it had done for Kyle Bush and Lagano. Might just make the right combination.

Kurt is tied for fourth in the series with 17 Top 10s.

Dillon and Newman have combined for 13. :idunno:

Is Suarez the caliber of driver of Kurt Busch? Again, I think Kurt makes that team a lot better then they are. And as good as he is, he still has like 5 wins since he’s joined the team. Obviously SHR isn’t a bad team, just saying RCR is getting way more crap then they deserve. Suarez has been 4th on the totem pole and hasn’t really worked out

SHR desperately needs an influx of young talent. Make no mistake, they've been hands down the best team as a whole in NASCAR. The potential of Suarez in that #41 would be through the roof. I'm assuming they're able to attract some sponsors.

The last time Gibbs let a young talent go in favor of a veteran, we know what happened. The fords have been fast this year.

Is Suarez the caliber of driver of Kurt Busch? Again, I think Kurt makes that team a lot better then they are. And as good as he is, he still has like 5 wins since he’s joined the team. Obviously SHR isn’t a bad team, just saying RCR is getting way more crap then they deserve. Suarez has been 4th on the totem pole and hasn’t really worked out

SHR dumps all of their resources into Harvick, and Almirola got a boost this year because they want to make Smithfield happy. I remember reading something a few days ago that stated the 4, 10, and 14 are on a fixed budget while the 41 is run strictly on prize money. They've always given Kurt Danica's leftovers. Daniel Knost, Tony Gibson, Billy Scott, etc. They messed up big time by not hiring Pearn when Kurt first joined. They could have been as successful as Harvick/Childers or the combo with Truex the past few years. Oh well. If they do hire Suarez they'll realize that money can't buy talent.

SHR dumps all of their resources into Harvick, and Almirola got a boost this year because they want to make Smithfield happy. I remember reading something a few days ago that stated the 4, 10, and 14 are on a fixed budget while the 41 is run strictly on prize money. They've always given Kurt Danica's leftovers. Daniel Knost, Tony Gibson, Billy Scott, etc. They messed up big time by not hiring Pearn when Kurt first joined. They could have been as successful as Harvick/Childers or the combo with Truex the past few years. Oh well. If they do hire Suarez they'll realize that money can't buy talent.
What resources do you figure he isn't getting. If they find something to make the 4 car faster, why would they not spread that around? Or are you saying they have expensive equipment on the 4 that doesn't find its way to other cars?

What resources do you figure he isn't getting. If they find something to make the 4 car faster, why would they not spread that around? Or are you saying they have expensive equipment on the 4 that doesn't find its way to other cars?

I don't think it's necessarily "expensive" equipment that Harvick gets over the others, but he certainly gets dibs when it comes to newer chassis. Kurt got Newman's leftovers when he first joined (which was understandable at the time because he joined on short notice), but even after that they proceeded to give him cars that Danica had little success with. Not sure how much of that has changed since they switched to Ford, but he was getting the short end of the stick there for a while. Furthermore, as I stated before, his pit crew/crew chiefs have always been Danica's leftovers. I heard him make a remark about this not too long ago. Regarding information sharing, I'm sure they have access to the same setups etc., but I don't think every little detail ends up making it over. The reason why they wouldn't spread this around is because it hinders their own success when they see someone else winning with their setups. We heard JGR accuse FRR of not sharing all the information not too long ago. Why would Truex give Kyle this information if he knows he'll take away wins? I don't think they go out of their way to hide information, and are willing to help when asked, but when it comes down to two drivers equally capable of winning (especially in the playoffs), little details probably end up being kept secret.

I dont believe any of that crap.. first of all the only differences between the 4 and 41 are the drivers,crews, and most importantly the crew chiefs!!! Don't believe that crap for one minute that Danica or Kurt has lesser equipment hahahahaha such propaganda....

The next driver of the #41 car at SHR has three Chase qualifiers (one a recent champion) to help get up to speed. The best car at RCR (and it's debatable which one that is) has Austin Dillon to look to for assistance (or maybe to assist).

The next driver of the #41 car at SHR has three Chase qualifiers (one a recent champion) to help get up to speed. The best car at RCR (and it's debatable which one that is) has Austin Dillon to look to for assistance (or maybe to assist).
No comparison on which team has the most speed. SHR's (10 wins) worse driver has a better average finish than RCR's (1 win) best driver and Almirola is higher in the standings despite a win by RCR. RCR would be pretty dumb not to sign Hemrick if Suarez doesn't go with them. I can see them rolling out the red carpet for Suarez, but again if Suarez's backers want to pay the higher price to go to SHR it's a done deal.

They're affiliated teams, and then there are a building and fixtures affiliated. I think the Woods brothers are about the same.

I dont believe any of that crap.. first of all the only differences between the 4 and 41 are the drivers,crews, and most importantly the crew chiefs!!! Don't believe that crap for one minute that Danica or Kurt has lesser equipment hahahahaha such propaganda....
All of the big teams usually have one car that is far below the others.

All of the big teams usually have one car that is far below the others.

I dont believe that...look at how Hendrick has performed when they had 4 good drivers, look how Gibbs was when they had 4 good drivers, look how Roush was when they had 5 good drivers....that equal equipment thing is an excuse.

I dont believe that...look at how Hendrick has performed when they had 4 good drivers, look how Gibbs was when they had 4 good drivers, look how Roush was when they had 5 good drivers....that equal equipment thing is an excuse.
yeah I remember Stuart saying when he went over to Hendrick to get engines, He said there were 20 engines there and Rick would tell him to pick one out. Sure for a team that has one short track car and a speedway car, wrecking one or the other will get them a lesser car. It's the crew chief, setup and driver skill/racing luck that separates them on a multi car team.

yeah I remember Stuart saying when he went over to Hendrick to get engines, He said there were 20 engines there and Rick would tell him to pick one out. Sure for a team that has one short track car and a speedway car, wrecking one or the other will get them a lesser car. It's the crew chief, setup and driver skill/racing luck that separates them on a multi car team.

Exactly

Since it looks like SHR is going to lose out on Truex/Pearn, I think they get Suarez, Hemric to the 31, and still not sure about the 95.

Has anything been announced on who is getting the #1? Seems like that's where Kurt Busch may end up.
Who says SHR is not the landing point for MTJ? Jibbs could easily lose a bidding war with Haas. Everyone assumes that Jibbs stole MTJ, but we won’t know until it is officially announced. For everyone’s sake, the future of NASCAR and the fan base, I hope Gene and Tony won this round.

I can't claim to learn of this gladly. I have minimal issues with the aero. It's that bit about "... for certain tracks they will adjust the ... engine for the best racing ..." that continues to concern me.

I can certainly understand why the owners would want only two packages instead of three.

Probably not, but I don't think you put up the numbers Kurt has this year without having at least reasonably good equipment. He's also fourth in driver rating (behind le Big 3) this season. In all respects that #41 car is pretty good.

Larson's first two years weren't anything special (he even regressed his sophomore year as Suarez has), Logano obviously turned it around even later, Kyle Busch had a moderately whelming rookie campaign. Hamlin didn't suddenly forget how to drive (I think?) and he's regressed a ton this year as well so there are most likely several others factors at play at JGR this year. Hell, even Harvick was inconsistent in his first few years back when RCR still had relatively good stuff.

Maybe Jamie Mac goes to the 95 for a year? Would have to be a veteran as that’s likely Bell/next TRD guys eventual seat

I was thinking about the 95. No TRD announcement. Why? Something is going on here....not sure what....

I was thinking about the 95. No TRD announcement. Why? Something is going on here....not sure what....

I'm on the same page as you on that one I think it's pretty weird.... this may be a bigger switch than they thought it would be

I'm on the same page as you on that one I think it's pretty weird.... this may be a bigger switch than they thought it would be

I am wondering if the whole thing is falling apart leaving Toyota with JGR next year...... Suarez and that uncertainty certainly plays into this.

Back
Top Bottom